The Oz Round Table boards > PayPal

Are your credit card details safe with PayPal?

<< < (2/2)

regulus*:
If you are worried about online shopping and credit cards, something you can do is have one with a low limit and use it online.

*CountessA*:
Yes, a good solution to limit potential damage (and it's actually a good idea for all online purchases) is to have a DEBIT CARD rather than a CREDIT CARD (or as Nova says, a credit card with a low limit), and make sure it's issued by a bank rather than GE or Woolworths or something like that. Check with your bank/card issuer to ensure it has similar protection to that of a credit card if you decide on a debit card.

Leave the account with a low balance - top up by account transfer just before you buy something - and the risks are somewhat minimised.

Remember that if you've not been refunded if a PayPal claim is resolved in your favour, you should go in person to your bank (asap) and initiate a chargeback. Once you explain the situation to your bank, they will start the process. Be aware that the merchant against whom your claim is will be PayPal, not the seller.

trishreid:
Thanks for the replies.

I often use my credit card online, just have never used it with paypal.

I don't understand why Big W doesn't have it's own merchant facilities like the virgin blue and others do.

I don't like the fact that paypal has not signed the EFT code and was not sure how safe my details are with them as apposed to other merchant facilities.

I might give Big W a call and see if I can pay some other way.

Thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version