Author Topic: The ELECTION Thread  (Read 254354 times)

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
Re: The ELECTION Thread
« Reply #700 on: August 17, 2010, 06:01:00 PM »
WAussies can be the jewel in the crown and deal labor the final death blow

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #701 on: August 17, 2010, 07:40:25 PM »
WAussies can be the jewel in the crown and deal labor the final death blow

Why would we do that - The previous Liberal government treated us even worse.  John Howard visited us so infrequently that we were not even sure he knew we existed except as a cash cow.

And our State Liberal Party is run by the biggest dick ever known, Colin Barnett has made us all suffer by putting up the prices on electricity and water - they have risen by nearly 50%.  My last Electricty bill was double the price of last years, this despite my son moving out.  And by cutting spending on essential services like health and police.

And lets not forget the royalties for regions scheme - that is how be bought the election -and we all know about it.  And haven't the regions benefited.  I mean 250,000 for a singing toilet in Bunbury - that money should have been spent on roads, hospitals or something worthwhile. 

His former Treasurer was a chair sniffer and someone who thought it was appropriate to roll around on the floor barking like a dog in front of female staffers.   He also squirrel gripped another member in Parliament - how is that appropriate.

But that is not what got him fired - it was having an affair with the greens member of Fremantle and then telling us that he may have used tax payers money to pay for this - but then told us that he didn't.  Surely a treasurer should know the rules, he was eventually cleared by the crimes commission - which we all know has no balls and no guts - and is probably corrupt too.

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #702 on: August 17, 2010, 08:25:10 PM »
And our State Liberal Party is run by the biggest dick ever known,

LOLOL - You're not on your own in the above statement mum! We've got Mrs K'nell running the show over here!

But that is not what got him fired - it was having an affair with the greens member of Fremantle

There ya go.... can't trust the blardy greens!

But Julia.... Check this out... how to get caught with your political panties down!! Big Girls you ask? Well, maybe - you decide!

The hidden truth behind the PM's 'impromptu' speech

Even a cursory glance showed it was a written speech. A closer inspection showed it was the very speech she had delivered, word for word.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-election/the-hidden-truth-behind-the-pms-impromptu-speech-20100817-127hr.html

Poddy

« Reply #703 on: August 17, 2010, 08:51:03 PM »
What a lovely view of the 'real' Julia hahahaha.

VERY true to life :)

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #704 on: August 17, 2010, 08:54:05 PM »
Talking about succession, I wonder how Prince Leonard from the Province of Hut is going.

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #705 on: August 17, 2010, 08:59:07 PM »
Poddy - I had to have a chuckle to myself when I read the article. Really, I spose she wasn't being directly dishonest in not correcting the fact that she had read this thing out.... whilst taking in the accolades for it being purely "from the heart." A little fib by omission perhaps. Just a tiny one....

Of course... with every bad situation - there is an 'up' side. She proved beyond doubt, that she can read! Doubtful that it was her heart that drove the keyboard however.....

UBBS! Did you know that Ms Gillard is dropping the tax on SPROUTS????? (Green preferences ya know!)

Poddy

« Reply #706 on: August 17, 2010, 11:08:18 PM »
Numbers, politics and diplomacy are smoke and mirrors, the art of producing reams of diatribe with no substance.

I have often wondered why Pollys don't just say it as it is instead of sidestepping issues and dodging and weaving constantly.

I can't imagine that they believe any of what they say and if they don't believe it why do they expect anyone else to believe it??

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #707 on: August 18, 2010, 12:27:02 AM »
Another funny ad from fair go for billionaires

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcHzu8msQmc&feature=player_embedded

shyer

• Knight of the RT
  • from UBB & yib thank you
« Reply #708 on: August 18, 2010, 01:02:49 PM »

elantra

« Reply #709 on: August 18, 2010, 05:17:10 PM »
What about this BUMBLING Robb on Sky news????
Even his glasses aren't straight.

elantra

« Reply #710 on: August 18, 2010, 05:30:01 PM »
The coalition is saying that the Treasury is corrupt!!

I guess they would know there were the ones to corrupt it.
Where is Godwin Gretsch these days? Remember UTEGATE???

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #711 on: August 18, 2010, 05:43:23 PM »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #712 on: August 18, 2010, 06:06:12 PM »
Re #705. Shocking news R numbers. I say quadruple the sprout tax & while their at it, quadruple the tax on all vegetables, except spuds.

Firstly they must enact a tax for veges (except spuds) & then, they factor in the quadruple equation. While they are at it they must repeal the GST on Pepsi Max & shop fried Pluto Pups.

Cut out the Excise on beer & money back if your horse doesn't run a place.

callostemma

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #713 on: August 18, 2010, 06:31:13 PM »
Did you know that fresh vegies are GST free.   You only have to pay for buying them :romanrelax: :chef:

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #714 on: August 18, 2010, 08:23:20 PM »
Did you know that fresh vegies are GST free.   You only have to pay for buying them :romanrelax: :chef:

Unless the vegies are baked into a cake...like carrot cake..lol

elantra

« Reply #715 on: August 18, 2010, 09:13:35 PM »

elantra

« Reply #716 on: August 18, 2010, 10:07:03 PM »
Wednesday night 10pm.

I am predicting that the Labor Government will be returned to office with a majority of seven seats!!

HellWest'nCrooked

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #717 on: August 18, 2010, 10:46:36 PM »

Birdie........the old hutt River Provence....wonder if they still make their own stamps.......I want one, it might be a collectors item one day!!
Ain't no rhyme or reason
No complicated meaning

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #718 on: August 18, 2010, 10:53:14 PM »
Julia come over to WA today - her third visit.

Apparently this is the most visits we have ever had in an election period from a Prime Minister/Leader of the Opposition. (except Kim Beasley - but as he lived here - I dont think it really counts).

Thats just not right

elantra

« Reply #719 on: August 19, 2010, 12:25:01 AM »
Julia come over to WA today - her third visit.

Apparently this is the most visits we have ever had in an election period from a Prime Minister/Leader of the Opposition. (except Kim Beasley - but as he lived here - I dont think it really counts).

Thats just not right

She thinks highly of the good people from Western Australia.

elantra

« Reply #720 on: August 19, 2010, 12:25:50 AM »
Wednesday night 10pm.

I am predicting that the Labor Government will be returned to office with a majority of seven seats!!

Poddy

« Reply #721 on: August 19, 2010, 12:42:42 AM »
I'll supply the salt and pepper Ela :)

Poddy

« Reply #722 on: August 19, 2010, 12:46:20 AM »
Hmm.. I have to find you a shortened nickname

Ela?
Elan?
El-ant?
Ant?
Nope none of those sound right.

What about .................

Trala hmmm that has a bit if a ring to it:)

elantra

« Reply #723 on: August 19, 2010, 10:20:46 AM »
Hmm.. I have to find you a shortened nickname

Ela?
Elan?
El-ant?
Ant?
Nope none of those sound right.

What about .................

Trala hmmm that has a bit if a ring to it:)

:funaward:

Poddy

« Reply #724 on: August 19, 2010, 02:12:55 PM »
And to give it some OMMPH what about incuding a couple of !!

i.e. Trala!!  :)

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #725 on: August 19, 2010, 02:55:01 PM »
The day Gillard stopped spinning: NSW indefensible

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-election/the-day-gillard-stopped-spinning-nsw-indefensible-20100819-12mor.html

the NSW labor government has been run for years by the same faceless men that now run labor federally

elantra

« Reply #726 on: August 19, 2010, 04:54:44 PM »
The day Gillard stopped spinning: NSW indefensible

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-election/the-day-gillard-stopped-spinning-nsw-indefensible-20100819-12mor.html

the NSW labor government has been run for years by the same faceless men that now run labor federally

I am predicting that the Labor Government will be returned to office with a majority of seven seats!![/color]

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #727 on: August 19, 2010, 05:14:54 PM »
I dont know how the election will go - but I do predict that the Labor government will pick up a lot more votes in WA - mainly because of a backlash against our stupid dick Liberal Premier.

If the city I lived in was not split into 2 electorates then Labor would probably win.  Our city should not be divided into 2 electorates - it is stupid when we have the numbers to have our own electorate.  So we have have the city looked after by a Rockingham member and the other half by a member in Perth.

If it was one electorate then the Labor member would get in with a huge majority.  She was a state member who gave us what we had been promised for over 30 years - a trainline to Perth.  We love her down here - and we love the train. 

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #728 on: August 19, 2010, 08:54:13 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV-inAzEleE

could not have said it better myself - gotta love the chasers

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #729 on: August 19, 2010, 10:36:49 PM »
Your government at work………

You will love this one, I haven't stop laughing yet………….

For those of you who have never travelled to the west, , cattle guards are horizontal steel rails placed at fence openings, in dug-out places in the roads adjacent to highways (sometimes across highways), to prevent cattle from crossing over that area. For some reason the cattle will not step on the "guards," probably because they fear getting their feet caught between the rails.

A few months ago, Kevin Rudd received and was reading a report that there were over 10,000 cattle guards in NSW & Queensland. Graziers had protested his proposed changes in grazing policies, so he ordered the Minister to fire half of the “cattle” guards immediately!!

Before the Minister could respond and presumably try to straighten him out, Minister for Employment Julia Gillard, intervened with a request that…. before any “cattle” guards were fired, they be given six months of retraining.

And they are running our country

[attachment deleted by admin]

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #730 on: August 20, 2010, 08:06:25 AM »
Cost of Labor's online health scheme a mystery

And the department is also demanding further information on Labor's proposed sale of radio spectrum as the government heads to tomorrow's poll with several promises that have not been independently costed. The government is running late with the submission of several policies, with six worth a total of $233 million filed yesterday, six days after the deadline had passed.

Goodness! Even r3830 made a comment on this one!

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/cost-of-labors-online-health-scheme-a-mystery/story-fn59niix-1225907517355

Julia Gillard: My carbon price promise

In an election-eve interview with The Australian, the Prime Minister revealed she would view victory tomorrow as a mandate* for a carbon price, provided the community was ready for this step.

"I don't rule out the possibility of legislating a Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme, a market-based mechanism," she said of the next parliament. "I rule out a carbon tax."

*Note the word MANDATE! Very important! (the power granted by an electorate)

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/features/federal-election/julia-gillard-my-carbon-price-promise/story-fn5tar6a-1225907552000#ixzz0x5l85RYV

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #731 on: August 20, 2010, 08:08:35 AM »

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #732 on: August 20, 2010, 08:19:59 AM »
Homes to pay heavy price for internet from NBN ("It will be quite reasonable".) Gillard

Projections for the take-up of the government's $43 billion NBN could prove optimistic once households realise they face costs of up to $3000 to fully exploit the potential of the super-fast internet.

But, at least it will be available in 8 YEARS!

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/homes-to-pay-heavy-price-for-internet-from-nbn/story-fn59niix-1225907517167

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #733 on: August 20, 2010, 09:29:09 AM »
There is a REAL RISK that Julia Gillard could be elected Prime Minister on Saturday!

Yes.... I know this is a misquote of Ms Gillard's statement made regarding Abbott - But it is a fact!

And when she wins..... ALL should expect:

Increases in electricity costs due to the forthcoming Carbon Tax... mind you - Ms Gillard did say that she has an avoidance clause if needed... so NO guarantee for those people who do support an ETS.

The appropriate flow-on costs on groceries and other goods - including fuel and gas

An NBN - that simply will not perform due to bandwidth limitations.... and the introduction of Internet Censorship.... including the formation of a government database that will monitor and record user accesses to all websites. Did I mention that the same will slow the net speed to a crawl?

The revelations of Labor's 35 UNCOSTED promises ..... Seems odd that they targeted the Libs with this accusation???

When told this morning by a voter in the seat of Robertson (Gosford) that it was his intention to vote GREEN.... Gillard's response was that there were only 2 parties to choose from.... Labor and Liberal. So much for the Labor agreements made with the Greens! Were you watching Bob?????

So much for being positive. She was asked by journos if she was cranky this morning! All she can raise seems to be negativity and Workchoices threats.

Should be a wonderful day. Having worked all night - I'm off to bed for a short while. A good one to all.

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #734 on: August 20, 2010, 11:16:42 AM »
Julia Gillard has been campaigning in the seat of Bennelong with local Labor candidate Maxine. We are not sure what this was about yet- but here is Ms McKew releasing a dove,

JG and Maxine release doves as a man cries out 'you're a backstabber Julia.'

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #735 on: August 20, 2010, 11:24:15 AM »

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #736 on: August 20, 2010, 11:26:44 AM »
Labor candidate contradicts PM on carbon tax

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/08/20/2988458.htm

I had a feeling Solomon would go back to the blue side

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #737 on: August 20, 2010, 11:42:20 AM »

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #738 on: August 20, 2010, 12:16:36 PM »
Oh Dear! (thanks again bnwt!)

"Well, I really think that we need to make sure that getting a carbon tax in place is a priority of a government that's re-elected on Saturday," he said.

"If Tony Abbott is prime minister that won't happen."

Many thanks to the member for Darwin in his accurate supporting of my earlier comment!

The Carbon tax is DEAD, BURIED and CREMATED! But we can't guarantee every possibility regarding future Carbon Taxes!

What goes around..... comes back to bite one on the bum!!!

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #739 on: August 20, 2010, 03:52:01 PM »
This may be of serious interest to all of you good people in WA. It certainly contradicts the "offshore processing" stories of the ALP.

Secret detention center plans

The Two Murrays with Howard Sattler who has obtained a "secret" plan to massively boost the capacity of Curtin detention centre, and says it means the PM Gillard isn't committed to offshore processing.

In a nutshell.... the Curtin Detention Centre is undergoing an upgrade, from the present 200 people - to nearing 3000 bed places.

http://www.2ue.com.au/blogs/2ue-blog/secret-detention-center-plans/20100818-12f2u.html

Please note: It is  RADIO story.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #740 on: August 20, 2010, 08:08:26 PM »
spot the difference

here is some for starters

1. Woody only waves one hand around when talking
2. Woody smiles
3. Woody has a smaller beak
4. Everyone one knows Woody is a fake character
5. Woody has never stabbed one of his colleagues in the back

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #741 on: August 20, 2010, 08:11:53 PM »
Is that the REAL Woody smee????

Poddy

« Reply #742 on: August 20, 2010, 08:12:02 PM »
Woody is a Pecker
The other has a pecker envy ;)

elantra

« Reply #743 on: August 20, 2010, 09:34:00 PM »
Spot the difference.

One has ears sticking out the side of its head.

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #744 on: August 20, 2010, 09:38:15 PM »
EASY! Julia Gillard to the left!  ;D

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #745 on: August 20, 2010, 09:40:33 PM »
the one one the right with the ears will be prime minister within 24 hours ?

Poddy

« Reply #746 on: August 20, 2010, 09:45:31 PM »
OH !!! Dear !!

Trala !!! you kind of walked into that one LOL

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #747 on: August 20, 2010, 09:52:33 PM »
Bugga! I was wrong! I thought it was a rattlesnake! Damn.... it's only a whip!

elantra

« Reply #748 on: August 20, 2010, 09:53:33 PM »
OH !!! Dear !!

Trala !!! you kind of walked into that one LOL

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #749 on: August 20, 2010, 10:04:14 PM »
Spot the difference.

One has ears sticking out the side of its head.

:rofl: :rofl: