The Oz Round Table boards > The Round Table

PROBLEMS WITH E-PURCHASES and their RESOLUTIONS

<< < (5/7) > >>

*Brum6y*:
Hmmmm....

I have severe issues against a seller who plays the 'Christian' card as a defence against mistakes.  It is elitist arrogance and quite unchristian in my book.

Here is a suggestion.  I don't expect it to be taken as final text, because I'm not you, Countessa, nor do I have the full details, but if they want to play that tune, then I'd be tempted to pick up on it.........

(Access to an online Concordance makes this easier  :) )

While I appreciate you make every effort to ensure the correct items are sent, it is inevitable that, on occasion, mistakes can occur.
Proverbs 20:9
Who can say, "I have kept my heart pure; I am clean and without sin"?

I assure you that the item I received is the unabridged audiobook "Book of the Dead", not the unabridged audiobook of "Dance of Death", which I ordered.
Matthew 5:37
Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

I do not accuse you of being deceptive, but I would ask that you accept the fact that a mistake has been made (as I have).
1 Peter 2:1
Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind.

Could you please advise what steps are necessary to correct the situation.
Isaiah 2:11
The eyes of the arrogant man will be humbled and the pride of men brought low; the LORD alone will be exalted in that day.

I might leave out the quote and just have the reference .... that would be less 'in your face'.

Just an idea... 
(and quite probably theologically flawed)

*CountessA*:
It's uncanny how close this is to how I actually replied, Brumby!

In the end, after a few emails back and forth, the seller apologised unreservedly, accepted he may have made an error, refunded me and sorted it out to my complete satisfaction.

We can all behave like prickly hedgehogs at times; it happens.

I've also ordered the right item from another source - more expensive but I should get it in time before the lady concerned passes away.

*Brum6y*:
I'm glad it has been resolved amicably.

--- Quote from: *Countessa* on June 15, 2011, 08:29:22 PM ---
We can all behave like prickly hedgehogs at times; it happens.

--- End quote ---

Indeed we can, especially when involved with consumer sales and if the seller has been exposed to the eBay culture, it can be very easy.

--- Quote ---
.... but I should get it in time before the lady concerned passes away.

--- End quote ---

That was my concern when the problem was encountered.  I do hope and pray that we don't have an INRIT (Item Not Received In Time).

*CountessA*:
This is weird!!!!

I had bought some IELTS books for someone who's going to sit for the exam, and both books arrived looking as if someone had twisted them and tried to take a bite out of them.

I phoned the publisher in the UK, emailed photos of the damaged books, and they were very friendly and helpful; they said they'd immediately send replacements by courier.

Well, they did. The replacements arrived within - hmm... either 2 or 3 days. All was fine.

And today I received a second copy of the books...! I contacted them; they don't know why the replacement was sent twice; it would cost them more to have the books returned than for me to keep them, so they've said "Keep them". I will hunt for another potential IELTS candidate and give them an unexpected present.

*CountessA*:
AAAAGH!

I'm a little embarrassed that I seem to be the only person who's having problems with online purchases... unless everyone else is sensibly not talking about their problems.

Anyway, my latest e-purchase problems:

I wanted a particular audiobook for a teenager with learning difficulties. He is notorious for being careless with CD cases, so I thought he really needed the library edition (stronger casing, much more durable). I found it listed by a UK seller. I bought it. It arrived...

... or - no IT DIDN'T!

A paperback book of the same title arrived.

The seller has taken his time in responding, wanting me to email him with the ISBN of the book. Well, I did that... Then he suggested I can keep the book and get a 50% refund. I don't WANT the book... The item was worth the cost only for a library edition audiobook (much more expensive). I've replied saying no, I would prefer full refund and I'll be happy to send back the parcel (with him to pay return postage).

Currently waiting...

... and in the meantime, I found the audiobook listed in the US, and bought it.

It arrived...

... or... NO IT DIDN'T!!

It's the retail edition (flimsy packaging, less durable CDs) that arrived.

I've had to email THAT seller today, stating that they've sent the wrong item.

This is turning into yet another Product Nightmare Saga.

Will I EVER get the right audiobook for this poor boy?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version