Author Topic: SCAM alert - Cashiers Check/Money in box  (Read 10723 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
SCAM alert - Cashiers Check/Money in box
« on: July 28, 2009, 01:39:36 PM »
Of course this is an obvious scam.

But it's quite funny as well in its obviousness.

Good Day!

I have been waiting for you since to come down here and pick your Cashiers Check but did not hear from you since that time. So i went to the bank to confirm if the draft is getting close to expire and the Manager of the bank told me that before the draft will get to your address that it will expire. Then I told him to help me and cash the bank draft of $2.5 million to cash payment.

However, I have successfully cashed the draft and packaged your Cash in a Cargo box and had registered it in the FEDEX EXPRESS COURIER COMPANY here in Benin Republic because I will travel soon to see my boss and
will not come back soon.

You have to contact the FEDEX EXPRESS COURIER COMPANY to know when they will deliver your package to your address. I have paid for the delivering charges and insurance fees. The only money you have to send to them is their SECURITY KEEPING FEE to receive your package and as i do not know when you will be contacting them.

HERE IS FEDEX EXPRESS COURIER COMPANY ADDRESS BELOW:

NAME: DR BRENDON DEMAS

E-MAIL: (customers.fedexbenin@live.fr)

PHONE: +229-93-861-888, +229-93-112-982

Please send them your contacts information to enable them locate you immediately they arrived in your country with your BOX.

This is the information they need from you.

1. YOUR FULL NAME..........

2. YOUR HOME ADDRESS................

3. YOUR CURRENT MOBILE NUMBER...............

Try to contact FEDEX EXPRESS COURIER COMPANY as soon as possible to avoid increasing the security keeping fees. I gave them your delivering address but you have to reconfirm it to them again to avoid any mistake
in the delivery.

Note; I didn't tell the FEDEX EXPRESS COURIER COMPANY that it's money inside the box, I registered it as a package of an African cloths/Family Valuables. This is to avoid delaying or any upfront problem during the delivery, So do not let them to know that the package contents money inside until you have received it in your house address ok and this is
the code which you send to them for verifications(PX002).

Do let me know as soon as you received your package.

Best Regards,

Adams Johns

Never reply to emails like this, even if you want to tell off the sender for being an obvious twit. Don't give any acknowledgement. And of course, DON'T pay any ... *roll eyes* security keeping fees. See how this sort of scam appeals to the greed of human nature and entices the potential victim to participate in deceitful behaviour?
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Poddy

Re: SCAM alert - Cashiers Check/Money in box
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 01:53:35 PM »
You mean that no one is sending you a chest filled with cash????

Damn !!! Now you have shaken my belief in the good of humam nature  :o

bobbybigbear

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 02:30:38 PM »
That's my money, it's mine I tell ya. ;D

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 02:34:09 PM »
Does that mean that the 67 gazillion million US $  a long lost great uncle living up the Zambese left me will never arrive?

Dam! I'll have to cancel my order for the new FA18 fighter jet & send back my new arsenal of weapons for a credit, maybe I'll keep a couple of Barret 50 cals though. 

Bellagina

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 11:10:37 PM »
Hey... I thought that was MY uncle, ubbrd! 
And he died in an accident, left no family or will..... and his 'associate' wants to give me the money and only wants a small part of the 20million for his trouble before the evil govt. get their hands on it!! :blah: :blah: 
They must be nuts  :bounce: :banana: if they think I'd fall for that one.

:roflmao: :roflmao:

bobbybigbear

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 08:49:06 AM »
I think I have struck paydirt this time, just received this morning, anyone want a trip to Ghana with me, all expenses paid, M16's and RPG's provided. ;D

Received: 29/07/2009
Subject: PERKINS DEPOSIT

I take the liberty of writing you this very confidential mail. I implore you to give it your maximum attention as the contents are in absolute good faith.

For avoidance of doubts, my name is Barrister Joseph Koni, I am a full time practicing lawyer registered with the Togolese Bar Association as well as a Member of African Independent Financial Advisors.

My purpose of writing you this confidential mail is hinged on the fact that; I was personal attorney to Mr. XXX XXXXXXX, nationality of your country. Precisely on December 30th, 2006, while returning from Accra Ghana after a weekend holiday at Labadi beach Hotel, my client and members of his family (wife and daughter) died in ghastly motor accident by running into a stationery Trailer without warning sign along the Togo/Ghana Express way.

After his death with members of his family,due process was followed to alert members of the public and any relation of his through Electronic Media Obituary Announcement both in the local television station here in Togo and Ghana. Also I took personal steps to announce his death through internet advert but yet up till this moment of writing no surviving relation of my said client ever came forward.

Right now his Bankers has written me requesting me to contact any serving relation of his for the purpose of transferring his estate in the sum of 10.2 million Us Dollars.Due to the pressure from the Bank I decided to present you as the next of kin to my said deceased client and to further ask your hand of co-operation under utmost confidentiality to claim the outstanding sum by presenting you as the Next of Kin of my late client.

Needless to reassure you that as a Lawyer and personal attorney to my late client, all the necessary information and documents that will sufficiently prove to the officials of the Bank that you are the next of Kin to the deceased shall be obtained legally from the probate section of the High Court.

I would therefore request you to give this letter serious thought and get back to me urgently .At my private email:bull_bull_and_morebull@hotmail.com

Regards.
Joseph Koni
Attorney at Law (SAT)

currymuncher

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 05:19:08 PM »
oh,you lucky man ,you'r going to be very rich ,what an offer ,surely you will accept it  ;D

tommy.irene

• Knight of the RT
  • Im a 99 year old IRISHMAN..But I still think im 25
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 05:30:00 PM »

tommy.irene  (66 ) View Listings | Report  03-08-09 20:54 BST 
...I won a Million pounds..... (http://www.euromillions.be)188 BELLING HAM ROAD,CATFORD, LONDON, SE6 1EJ UNITED KINGDOM********************* Dear Internet User. E-mail below agent to claim your prize. Today in our online version which was done using an internet database system which registered 15 Million emails your email emerged and drew as winner and have won the sum of 1,000,000GBP (one million pounds) in cash credited to file with REFERENCE NUMBER: UK/4920X2/68; BATCH NUMBER:EURO084/05/ZY360;SERIAL NUMBER: 090-598-1429; CLAIM DEPT S. A.MICKEY CAMBELLEmail: standardsecurity@courierdeliveryy.com Congratulations once again from all our staff. Mrs Concha Reyes. (Secretary)Euro Millions Board Promotions Managers.CATFORD, 2009

TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL
***** TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL *****

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 06:48:21 PM »
Oh, Tommy, Tommy - you've tried to fool us with this one before. I keep checking my PO Box, thinking that a lovely fellow like you will surely share the joy of his lottery winnings around... but no! Nothing!
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"