Author Topic: Exceptionally good buying experiences on eBay and other online trading venues  (Read 11026 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
I recently purchased a group of 3 audiobooks (one for me, two for relatives of friends). The combined price was very good; I was happy to pay that total. The seller then contacted me yesterday explaining that the postage price had worked out a little cheaper than quoted, and he was refunding me 1.00 GBP. That refund promptly appeared.

I am continually amazed by the integrity and efficiency of so many sellers.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

imperfect

FANTASTIC!

That's called good customer service :)

Bellagina

• Knight of the RT
Wow! That is impressive, Countess!

I've bought things from many nice sellers, but I don't think I've ever had anyone do something like yours.

brumbymg

Countess and others,

You may have noticed I make occasional references to "a seller I work with" (I don't mention their ID or product line since they are quite anxious about being identified on discussion boards) - but this seller will do exactly the same thing. 

They go to great pains to pack each shipment properly and have even trimmed down some (oversize) cardboard packaging to drop the postage down a notch (if it's close). I have challenged them on the inefficiency of some practices, but they won't budge on their standards and just look at me as if to say "OK- make it more efficient".

They have a set amount for packaging and handling (usually $1.50) - fully disclosed in their listings - and postage is exactly as per the Australia Post calculator.

THey will always aim for the least expensive outcome and they always offer a refund if more than necessary has been paid.

Naturally, if they underquote on postage, they wear it and write it off to 'experience'.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
$1.50 for packaging and handling is incredibly reasonable, and considering your seller friend is going to that much trouble, it's probably quite an under-estimate of the time he/she spends doing the packaging.

I honestly do not mind what the seller charges for postage as long as alarm bells don't go off for me (99 cent items with $150 postage, for instance), but I always appreciate the extra effort someone goes to in order to be super-efficient and beyond reproach.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

brumbymg

That $1.50, by the way, is per shipped package.  It could consist of 6 items .. and only 1 charge.

They do have some items that are odd-shaped and/or breakable, but even with the worst combination they've had to cope with - it has never exceeded $2.50.

Shurtuff bags, bubble wrap, etc are all new - the only 're-use' product is cardboard - but collecting that is my job. Clean material from a local supermarket - and absolutely no chicken nugget boxes!

From my estimate, they only (barely) cover material costs - nothing for their time.