The Oz Round Table boards > PayPal

Paypal's "Mission Impossible" - A Duty of Care

<< < (3/21) > >>

*smee*:
Sir Brumbles . I did pursue it .... it cost me hundreds of $$$$$$ .... but I pursued it and in the end received an 'ex gracia' payment from paypal for purchase price only , not my costs pursuing them ....

fact remains though .... there is no seller protection actually provided by PAYPAL ...

as the  seller in your story has found out the hard way

All I am trying to do is get the message through to other sellers that you can not feel secure by Paypals useless policy ... in reality there is NO SELLER    protection !... the only protection the seller has is what Aust Post offers

*Ubbie Max*:
Brum6y. Your story is frightening. I feel for Ebay sellers as there are obviously many crooked buyers out there & Ebay sides with them all the time.

My memory may not be completely accurate but, didn't Ebay/Paypal make a statement to the ACCC regarding buyer/seller protection that contradicts this incident. If Ebay/Paypal did make such a statement to the ACC re protection they lied to the ACCC.

cueperkins:
No Ubb....I think you may be referring to the Payment Systems Board or RBA.....possibly even ASIC, as the BFSO, reports back to ASIC on systemic issues with any payment system....enough complaints and ASIC then investigate them.....BTW...it's also ASIC who administer the EFT Code of Conduct......and thus the reason why they recommended that Paypal sign the Code back in the ACCC debacle.

So...no....this is more related to the Payment Systems Board and rules governing payment systems under APRA licensing...

And........can't help it........TOLD YA SO.....LOL....

Any wonder why I still refuse to join that pirate payment system?   I believe the worse is yet to come actually.....sooner or later we're going to hear about a mass hacking of paypal accounts....like that's not possible?  Crikey China has been hacking into private email accounts of Google owners...so just how hard does anyone think it might be hacking an email account?...lol.....

Funny thing is, that it will be only then, when there are thousands of victims, that anyone will bother doing anything.....and just like the ACCC issue, Media will gag the issue and it will be the 'RETURN OF THE REBELS' that brings it to the fore once again....thank gord we have this site when that does happen.....not if it happens..

Remember the famous words of Wobbit the Bwuce......Paypal protection was and is illusory....non existent, dead, demised, nailed to the bleeding perch....it's snuffed it...lol

*Brum6y*:

--- Quote from: *smee* on January 18, 2010, 07:28:36 AM ---Sir Brumbles . I did pursue it .... it cost me hundreds of $$$$$$ .... but I pursued it and in the end received an 'ex gracia' payment from paypal for purchase price only , not my costs pursuing them ....

--- End quote ---

My apologies - I wasn't aware of the extent of your efforts, Smee.

--- Quote ---fact remains though .... there is no seller protection actually provided by PAYPAL ...

as the  seller in your story has found out the hard way

All I am trying to do is get the message through to other sellers that you can not feel secure by Paypals useless policy ... in reality there is NO SELLER    protection !... the only protection the seller has is what Aust Post offers

--- End quote ---

I can only agree with you .... unfortunately.

But it HAS to change ... which is why I have gone to the effort of posting this story.

... and I will be posting more as the matter progresses.

*Brum6y*:
IT'S BEEN A WEEK - WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENING?

I contacted the seller for an update and he advised me he is still persuing matters in Germany.  He didn't give me any details at this time, but I'm sure he will when the time is right.

He also stated the laptop still had not been picked up from German customs.  I checked the tracking status and sure enough, it is still showing as having cleared customs, but delivery has not been taken.  One wonders if the buyer is game to even try...

But our buyer - the one who was caught out supplying false police reports (amongst other things) - is still happily buying.  EBay and Paypal accounts still operational.

I checked his feedback to find in the last month, he has bought, amongst other things, a leather case specifically designed for the laptop still waiting to be collected, a DVI adapter and a 22" LCD monitor.  Curiously interconnectable.

Looking at the items against his other feedback, this boy likes getting his high-tech gear from eBay ... and he's still doing it.

Buying, that is.  I can't tell if he's doing anything else..... but he is getting positive feedback.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version