Author Topic: Completed listing info available for 90 days?  (Read 12007 times)

Philip.Cohen

• Knight of the RT
Completed listing info available for 90 days?
« on: December 09, 2009, 01:31:15 PM »
eBay Feedback Profile page sub heading:

“Detailed item information is not available for the following items because the Feedback is over 90 days old.”

and

“The item title and item price for each Feedback will be visible on the Feedback Profile page below the Feedback comment for 90 days after the comment was left.” (But not for “Feedback as a buyer”)

and

“Item Title and Price – To give buyers more information while they are evaluating the reputation of a seller, the transaction’s item title and selling price will display beneath each Feedback comment on the Feedback Profile page for a period of 90 days.”

90 days; 90 days; 90 days! It appears that detailed information is now not available for any “completed listing” after only 60 days have transpired from the date of completion of the transaction.

“Earlier this year [2005] we announced a number of changes to eBay's Feedback that we believe will address some of the top concerns members have had with the feedback system. This September, we launched the first change -- removing all feedback from users who are indefinitely suspended within 90 days of registration (read the announcement). The response from the Community to this change has been very positive, …”

Don’t you just love the spin, “The response from the Community to this change has been very positive, …”

“4. Advanced Search by Bidder link
    “We will only show completed listings within the last 30 days.
    “Future enhancements are being designed that will provide even more transaction data about the bidders and seller involved in a transaction.”

Last time I looked it was only 14 days, not 30 days. “… even more transaction data” Where would that be? Looks like “even less” rather that “even more” transaction data to me. Then, I do have both my eyes open.

Once again, you simply cannot believe a word that comes out of the many mouths of this disingenuous, unscrupulous organisation. Maybe some of the eBay “True Believers” can let me know where and when eBay announced this reduction in the availability of information on “completed listings”.
“Today we’re dealing with phase two or phase three [he can’t even remember which one] of disruptive innovation. We’ve had the disruption, now we must disrupt our own disruption.”—John Donahoe (2007).

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Completed listing info available for 90 days?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 01:36:41 PM »
Hi Phil , not sure where you are looking for it but I can see betailed feedback for up to 90 days !

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 01:44:13 PM »
perhaps I have misread your op ... not sure ? 

Philip.Cohen

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 06:23:29 PM »
Hi Smee,

My understanding was that “completed listings” (if you know the item number/s) were publicly viewable for 90 days from the date of completion of the transaction.

What I have noticed is that such information is now not available for “completed listing” after 60 days.

Try accessing any listing that ended between 61 and 90 days ago.

The date on the Feedback Profile is the date feedback was left; if you try to “view” an item, you will now only be able to find items that ended less than 60 days ago.

I don’t recall any announcement of this reduction from 90 days to 60 days. Donahoe’s claimed massive increase in (non-selling) listings that have to be kept viewable by users for a period are simply taking up to much space. Maybe it’s about time eBay invested in a bigger hard disk! A new CEO even better!
“Today we’re dealing with phase two or phase three [he can’t even remember which one] of disruptive innovation. We’ve had the disruption, now we must disrupt our own disruption.”—John Donahoe (2007).

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 06:29:27 PM »
Hi Smee,

My understanding was that “completed listings” (if you know the item number/s) were publicly viewable for 90 days from the date of completion of the transaction.

What I have noticed is that such information is now not available for “completed listing” after 60 days.

Try accessing any listing that ended between 61 and 90 days ago.

The date on the Feedback Profile is the date feedback was left; if you try to “view” an item, you will now only be able to find items that ended less than 60 days ago.

I don’t recall any announcement of this reduction from 90 days to 60 days. Donahoe’s claimed massive increase in (non-selling) listings that have to be kept viewable by users for a period are simply taking up to much space. Maybe it’s about time eBay invested in a bigger hard disk! A new CEO even better!

Throw in a new improved Ebay and were good to go Phil...LOL

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 06:36:24 PM »
ok ?.... well maybe I am misunderstanding what your saying ....coz  I just clicked on view item......
item number 170379041988 sold 08/09/09 so 90 days ago feedback left 12/09/09 and I can see the listing ...

any in my own feedback for that period I can also view the item?

Philip.Cohen

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 07:15:21 PM »
Hi Smee,

Re your example #170379041988, I get the following result:
http://www.ask.com/web?&o=13048&l=dis&q=http://shop.ebay.com.au/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m38.l1313&_nkw=170379041988&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Something funny going on!

As a matter of interest, have a look at this Feedback Profile:
http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&userid=vms_phones&iid=-1&de=off&items=200&interval=0&page=3

I get:

#310155656448 (feedback left 10-Sep-09 18:27) is not found.
#310163995858 (feedback left 11-Sep-09 09:06) is not found.
#310161195414 (feedback left 12-Sep-09 15:33) is not found.
#350238359971 (feedback left 13-Sep-09 10:37) is not found.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 07:42:33 PM »
yes Phil for those 4 items you mentioned I get this message

This listing (310161195414) has been removed, or this item is not available

and some  others for that seller also arent visible around that period but some are  ... I am not sure why ?

on 170379041988 I get this result        http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170379041988&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com.au%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp3984.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D170379041988%2B%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 08:04:00 PM »
You get the 'item is not available' message if the item has been removed by Ebay for any reason such as a Hijack listing...or fakes etc.

Were the items something that may have been reported?

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 10:29:38 PM »
yes which is exactley the same as you get if you click on view item in feedback , but what we are tring to ascertain now is why are some items that are bordering on 90 days since completion visible and some arent

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 10:30:31 PM »
You get the 'item is not available' message if the item has been removed by Ebay for any reason such as a Hijack listing...or fakes etc.

Were the items something that may have been reported?

Aren't sellers able to manually delete their items, too?

If so and if this is the case here, it begs the question why?

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 10:33:03 PM »
yes which is exactley the same as you get if you click on view item in feedback , but what we are tring to ascertain now is why are some items that are bordering on 90 days since completion visible and some arent

Also, are we examining items on the same site or comparing across the UK, US, Australian (or wherever) sites?

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 10:34:10 PM »
not that I am aware of ... I delete mine from sold list after all done and dusted  ie paid and both of us have left feedback but that still doesnt delete it from view on completed items or from feedback list

Philip.Cohen

• Knight of the RT

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 12:47:22 AM »
Im not sure why that would be so Phil ... I am a computor numpty , but Brumby could see the listing too to so you must be doing something different to us somehow ... maybe you need to clear cookies or something I dont understand what that actually achieves but I often get told to do it if I cant get into certain things ... Im using IE ? could that be it if you use firefox or something ? sorry I have no idea ...

except that I believe that ask.com is a search engine similar to google

Philip.Cohen

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 01:11:56 AM »
I have been having this peculiar problem for some days and I just assumed it was something to do with eBay. I’m using IE8. I have finally found a way to get these items but only via the IE8 eBay toolbar search field and only then by selecting “Search by Item Number” from the drop down menu; nothing else works; so something has happened, somewhere … Cookies? Maybe, but why just the 60 to 90 day items? Strange …

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 01:42:02 AM »
Phil, I'll step out on a limb here and suggest it's probably not a 60-day or 90-day thing - but something else that might coincide with the items selected to make it seem that way.

I'm very suspicious of the lovely toolbars and 'helpers' that all too eagerly offer to make your life easier on the internet.  They're nothing but trouble for me and I refuse to have anything 'helping' me out.  Seeing the "ask.com" in your url makes me wonder ... greatly.

I've seen what some of them do on others' computers I've been asked to 'fix up' and they take you on all sorts of amazing trips you don't want to know about ... they make eBay's 'Best Match' efforts look childish.

Philip.Cohen

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 04:42:37 PM »
Well, I don’t know what is happening; I’ve rebooted; I’ve “signed out”; I’ve “signed in”.

I’m still getting the “ask.com” result for searches by item number, for any items more that 60 days old, from all the eBay search mechanisms except the eBay IE8 “toolbar”!

And the peculiar thing about the “toolbar” search result is that it produces the old View Item page which shows the number of bids and the high/winning bidder!

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2009, 07:35:04 PM »
Phil, this is just my layman's interpretation of what I perceive from what you have said....

It would seem you DO have the ask.com "Browser Helper Object" which is stepping in and taking control of your searches.  It will be tied into your browser, so logging off and on, clearing cookies or rebooting won't touch it.

By going to eBay and using their search, you are operating entirely within the eBay web site and the "Helper" won't get involved.

If the ask.com thing is a problem, you can remove it - but I'm not sure of how to go about it.  From memory, it's not as obvious as I would like.

As for the idiosyncracies of any eBay programming giving curious results ... Well, I'm not even going there.

Philip.Cohen

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2009, 10:53:11 PM »
Hi Brumby,

I agree, it’s hanging onto IE; I found and removed "ask.com toolbar" which was not apparent anyway; but the problem persists; can't find any "ask.com"; but it's definitely something to do with IE.

But Ask does intervene if I search via the search field on the eBay View Item page or the Advanced search mechanism; only the eBay IE toolbar search is immune a but it, strangely, produces the old View Item page (that I preferred anyway).

If I access such an item via my sniping program everything is ok: item is found and in latest View Item page, but if I reinsert the same item number into the search box at the top of that View Item page the result will be an Ask list.

I’ll have to keep trying to get rid of “Ask”.

Philip.Cohen

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2009, 11:19:04 AM »
Well, I have finally stopped the ask.com search engine interfering in my searches. Needless to say a Google search found a lot of other very unhappy people trying to get rid of this obnoxious piece of garbage and, unfortunately, no complete answer was found there.

Having uninstalled everything that even remotely looked like “ask” I then searched the Registry for “ask.com” and noted some connection with STOPzilla the spyware program I have been using for a year or so (!), so I contacted them. The answer (in this case): uninstall STOPzilla, run their cleanup program, and then reinstall the latest version of STOPzilla and, hey presto, ask.com is gone!

This useless piece of what is effectively ‘malware’ apparently comes bundled with other software, and you may or may not be asked if you also want to install ask.com search; if you are ever asked, don’t install it!

The only question that remains is why did ask.com only very recently start interfering with my eBay item number searches made from within an eBay page and then why only for completed listings between 60 and 90 days old?

All very strange (and irritating).

The contents of the email from STOPzilla:
--------------------------------------------------
Here’s what you need to do: (It’s easy, really.)

1. Click Start in the lower left corner of your screen and from the Start menu, select Control Panel.

2. In the Control Panel dialog, click Add or Remove Programs.

3. Find the STOPzilla entry in the list and left click on remove.

4. Download
           http://download.stopzilla.com/binaries/stopzilla/auto_installer/szclean.exe
and run this clean-up program.  The program will restart your computer when finished.

5. Please click on the link below to download and install the latest version of STOPzilla:
             http://download.stopzilla.com/binaries/stopzilla/auto_installer/5_0_50_0/SZPro5.msi

6. If you need to get your Registration Key re-issued, please click:
            https://www.STOPzilla.com/support/stopzilla/send-lost-key-form.do

Thank you for contacting technical support,

The STOPzilla Support Team

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2009, 01:17:14 AM »
That's pretty much what I would have expected, Phil.  Glad you found the way through!

I'm still unsure as to whether your observed pattern of behaviour defines the actual issues driving those results - but unless someone here is familiar with the scenario, it might take a bit of research to confirm.  Not really worth the time anyway.

So - do your searches behave now?

eBuster

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2009, 08:21:01 AM »
yes i can confilm many pages are pulled long before 90 days are up and i should know as i have machines working 24/7 just pulling pages from eBay after i found that eBay pulls pages and then pretends they never existed in an effort to hide crime under the carpet. Corporate fraud comes to mind as does Enron or have you not seen how eBay always seems to find trouble like it had last month selling Skype or today with cragslist.

Our dear police and the birmingham trading standards play along with this ploy too.

eBay gave scammers private listing to hide behind, i give you eBuster profile tool

http://www.ebuster.co.uk/ProfileMember.aspx?Tab=5&id=ebuster*

Just edit the link to include the members name or use the shill bid tool

http://www.ebuster.co.uk/BidHistory.aspx

or see members who are selling feedback

http://www.ebuster.co.uk/SellingFeedBack/AllSellingFeedback.aspx

or try Google

Funny but if i can spot all these crimes then how come eBay has such a problom

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2009, 09:27:43 AM »
eBay IS the problem.
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"