Author Topic: SUMMER BUSHFIRE NOTICE BOARD  (Read 5999 times)

cueperkins

SUMMER BUSHFIRE NOTICE BOARD
« on: November 16, 2009, 04:26:03 PM »
If any recall the fires in Vic earlier this year....you'll remember that the RT was a veritable lifeline for information to get out to people....and so it should still be the case on the OZRT when the need arises....feel free to post Bush Fire updates for your state or region.....

At 3pm, there was a Fire threatening homes in West Hoxton NSW this is the current status....

Major Fire Updates
Watch and Act - West Hoxton (Liverpool) Fire Update 16/11/09 16:09
Posted: 16/11/2009

The threat to properties from a scrub and grass fire burning in the West Hoxton area has eased. Firefighters and two helicopters are continuing to slow the spread of the fire.

Link: http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/dsp_more_info.cfm?CON_ID=8673&CAT_ID=684

This afternoon however, residents were put on on emergency alert and authorities advised them it was way too late to evacuate.....

Emergency Warning - Old Saw Mill (Canobolas) Fire Update 16/11/09 15:21
Posted: 16/11/2009
An emergency warning has been issued, with a fire burning south of Mount Canobolas near Orange. The fire is currently burning between two and six hours from properties.

http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/dsp_more_info.cfm?CON_ID=8670&CAT_ID=684

OTHER SIGNIFICANT INCIDENTS FOR NSW:

http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/dsp_content.cfm?cat_id=683

Bluff River Rd Fire     Advice     25km SSW of Tenterfield     Tenterfield     Out of Control     Bush      5     Rural Fire Service     16/11 : 03:44PM

cueperkins

Re: SUMMER BUSHFIRE NOTICE BOARD
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 06:47:11 AM »
Parts of SA have been put on Catastrophic Bushfire Warning...

http://www.cfs.sa.gov.au/site/home.jsp

Fire Ban Advice - Wednesday 18 November 2009

17 November 2009
Media and the public are advised that TOTAL FIRE BANS have been declared for Wednesday, 18 November 2009 in the following Fire Ban Districts: Flinders - Catastrophic, North West Pastoral - Catastrophic, Mid North - Extreme, North East Pastoral - Extreme, Eastern Eyre Peninsula - Extreme, Riverland - Severe.[More]

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 09:26:48 AM »
Terrifying. I feel as though I should be holding my breath.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 10:43:33 AM »
This is so early.  The season hasn't really started yet.
:duckling:

cueperkins

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 10:54:31 AM »
Well this won't make you feel much like exhaling...it's going to hit Melbourne and NSW tomorrow.....they don't expect catastrophic, but Extreme fire conditions will more than likely be declared.....

It's the winds that make it catastrophic...if we have severe heat and then winds.....especially SA and VIC with the recent heatwave drying everything out in its wake...then that is the most dangerous conditions you can imagine......take it seriously....blistering heat and strong wind = increased fire risk.  Melbourne is set to go off the scale tomorrow.....

shyer

• Knight of the RT
  • from UBB & yib thank you
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 11:03:31 AM »
Terrifying. I feel as though I should be holding my breath.

I have been a volunteer bush fire fighter for the last 20 years . The last 200 years the new settlers learned the hard way from the aborigines the last 5 years the system has changed to lunacy.

For 40,000 years aborigines used their only farming tool, fire, if they got it wrong they burnt or starved. That is Australia's vegetation. Adapted to low heat fires every 1 to 50 years . The new settlers soon learnt low heat fires were needed depending on vegetation and location from every year to the right year in the first / second etc decade.

We now have green moron NIMBIES with new laws.
 THEY are KILLING PEOPLE ANIMALS and FORESTS

It is now practically impossible to do controlled burns when and where needed. We instead have Atomic bomb levels of fuel waiting for a spark from shoes to electricity lines. Resulting in KILLer fires completely uncontrollable . One you start an atomic bomb you need a supersonic jet to get away all other protection is usless.

Since humans listen for years to spurts (A drip under pressure) I predict another 5 to 10 years and 1000s of deaths till we lock the spurts away and return to the sanity of controlled low heat winter fires. We will in every summer have hot windy days, the only thing humans can control is the fuel available.

cueperkins

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 11:09:50 AM »
Absolutely shyer.... :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Fire has three major elements....Air....Heat.....and FUEL....and the only one we can even try to control is the Fuel but as you say, the greenies are suffering from cranial rectal inversion syndrome, and should be held accountable for manslaughter for their ridiculous 'do nothing' policies.  It's unbelievable...look how many native animals and plants species were literally wiped out in the Victorian Wild Fires?....how the hell can that be considered conservation of endangered species?....they get wiped out in wild fires, they don't get wiped out in low heat controlled burns....

We have the same bullshit in NSW.....took me 5 years to get one dangerous strip of bushland burned back, after the 2001 fires...and still it was not done properly and we are still at risk.  

Meanwhile these same idiots who impose no burn rules under the guise of conservation, should also be held accountable for injuries and fatalities sustained by firies they send into these dangerous bushland areas to fight fires that could have been prevented in the first place...Morons.

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 11:15:48 AM »
Keelhaul Greenies.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 11:18:02 AM »
Grab a greenie by the shirt;
put 'em in a world of hurt!!!!
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

cueperkins

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 09:59:52 AM »
There were 83 fires burning around NSW yesterday....today all Fire Permits are revoked, and a total Fire ban has been imposed....State Wide.

N/Westerly winds are expected, low humidity and high temperatures....with all the fuel around us, it's the perfect mix of elements.  An Extreme Bushfire Alert has been issued around the state (NSW).   I heard catastrophic bushfire alerts are still in place in parts of SA and Vic....anyone from those areas know what's happening?

So, if you see smoke anywhere in bushland today.....call 000.  If you're in a bushfire prone area...prepare for anything to happen...don't be complacent.

...It's gonna be a big day for the RFS.