Author Topic: Spelling mistakes in listings.  (Read 5295 times)

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Spelling mistakes in listings.
« on: May 05, 2010, 11:59:35 AM »
Why? lol, I know it's easy to make the occasional typo, and that English is not the first language for many Sellers.. however I am more and more frequently seeing listings that are so full of spelling mistakes that working out what they are saying requires some deep though lol

There are spell checkers on everything, I am not a card carrying member of the Spelling Police,(Although Countessa makes in sound very "Film noir" lol) and have been guilty of typos myself now and then on the forums, but in listings?

An example below: I wont link the item as my intention is not to embarrass the Seller.

"coffee table in good condtion couple of scatches it has two small draws that are coneced to the oder side and 1 big  draw coneced to the oder side     dimensions off coffee table is length1200 and depth 64 and height48 happy biding"

They even spelt the item location wrong on the side bar, Oh dear.
Item location:   syndey, New South Wales, Australia.

The follow up Comments are also full of typos  :D

Other current listings I have noticed are for items such as:

singel bed
GOOD CONDITION WITH MATRIS

TV UNET
TV UNIT COUPLE OF SCRATCHES AS SHOWN ON THE PHOTOS OTHER THEN THAT IN VERY GOOD CONDTION

LEATHER LOUNG
(they got the description right on this one and spelt Lounge correctly, but the follow up query..uhmmm, it seems to be catching LOL)
Questions and answers about this item
Q: hu are there any damages to the set? how old is it? and pick up suburb pls? many thanks
A: the only damage is wats shown on the photo its just that the lether is fading if youd lyk to have a look at it your more than welcome ive had it 4 a couple of years pick up is from bankstown

kitchen cabnet
kitchen cabnet excellent condition has a beituful marble bench top it has 5xdraws and 1 side carbed

:huh:

They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Spelling mistakes in listings.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 12:05:30 PM »
ones like this have always tickled my fancy

how would you get a paint brush that far up there ?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DECORATIVE-HAND-PAINTED-BOWEL-made-Germany-/180502034571?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Home_Decor&hash=item2a06c2788b

White Witch

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 12:51:42 PM »
My goodness!

I'd be embarrassed to write that bad! And it looks unprofessional.

And how do they paint a bowel, Smee???

legy de feral

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 02:10:39 PM »
ones like this have always tickled my fancy

how would you get a paint brush that far up there ?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DECORATIVE-HAND-PAINTED-BOWEL-made-Germany-/180502034571?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Home_Decor&hash=item2a06c2788b

Owwww! Legy winces and tightens her cheeks at the thought  :crazy:

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 03:33:52 PM »
"....1 side carbed"

Mmm! Interesting!  :huh: :rofl:

“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 10:15:17 PM »
One of my favourites was a seller that lives in my area.

He advertised some furniture...and called it 'Beside Drawers'

I thought I was onto a winner...I was looking for bedside drawers...and believed that with the spelling mistake...I could nab a bargain!..lol

I bid...then just had a quick look at their past feedback...didn't bother earlier because they had heaps of feedback and were sitting on 100%.

Lo and Behold!....I came to the realisation that they were also a shill bidder!

I reported....they got rubbed out for two weeks and had all their listings pulled.  It was a sweet victory....but I still feel they should have got more.

I still watch their listings...and one day..... :devil:..I'll buy something....and actually meet them..lol

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 10:47:19 PM »
They are still selling, roo?! It is amazing how these rats survive.
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

Poddy

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 05:06:09 PM »
Give some thuoght for the dyslexics

DYSLEXICS OF THE WORLD UNTIE !!!!