Author Topic: Pay-as-you-drive plan touted in tax review... sorry but WTF.  (Read 27663 times)

Poddy

Re: Pay-as-you-drive plan touted in tax review... sorry but WTF.
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2009, 11:43:12 PM »
I very rarely drop any pearls of wisdom, but in this case I will make an exception.  ;D

"If we let injustice go unchallenged we are aiding and abbeting the occurrence of injustice"

Me

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2009, 11:45:45 PM »
Poddy, ne'er truer words spoken!

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2009, 11:45:57 PM »
R3830,
Oh the Micky D's Syndrome as I like to call it, having a young Son, on occassion fast food is essential apparently lol, I am one of the annoying ones I guess, I do go to the drive through on occassion (I prefer to go inside) when they hand it to me through the window I open the bag, check the contents, smile and thank them , or if the order is short, let them know...

Now one of my Micky D syndrome PET peeves is the fries, OMG.. the damn fries lol

I wish they would train the staff to recognise that when a large fries for my son is ordered I mean a LARGE fries not a regular in a large box, do they EVER fill those things....pnce a week my son is permitted Micky D's as a treat, tonight he got in a Large Box, yes I roflmao counted the fries...wait for it... 12 fries, yes 12.. it would not have even filled a regular packet.. we searched the bag none had fallen out, I rang, got the managers name and next week the fries are gratis. A small win in the cheme of things but perhaps now the manager will say something to the staff and people might get what they paid for... well for a few days lol

PS: Yibbida, I am a first person shooter junkie I have almost every FPS worth buying and I am a GOOD shot lol, I also used to belong to a gun club , my friends call me Lara as a nickname LOL as they claim I do not look the part of a gun toting female lol apparently I am far too girly I'm a size 8 and have blonde hair to my waist, I also LOVE paintballing and again I am GOOD at it lol, I used to go hunting often with friends and on the farm, nothinglike being hurled to your Bottom by letting fly with both barrels of a shotgun...ooppps.
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2009, 11:52:44 PM »
PET peeves is the fries, OMG.. the damn fries lol

I would be spittin' chips if that happened to me !

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2009, 12:16:28 AM »
R3830,
Oh the Micky D's Syndrome as I like to call it, having a young Son, on occassion fast food is essential apparently lol, I am one of the annoying ones I guess, I do go to the drive through on occassion (I prefer to go inside) when they hand it to me through the window I open the bag, check the contents, smile and thank them , or if the order is short, let them know...

Now one of my Micky D syndrome PET peeves is the fries, OMG.. the damn fries lol

I wish they would train the staff to recognise that when a large fries for my son is ordered I mean a LARGE fries not a regular in a large box, do they EVER fill those things....pnce a week my son is permitted Micky D's as a treat, tonight he got in a Large Box, yes I roflmao counted the fries...wait for it... 12 fries, yes 12.. it would not have even filled a regular packet.. we searched the bag none had fallen out, I rang, got the managers name and next week the fries are gratis. A small win in the cheme of things but perhaps now the manager will say something to the staff and people might get what they paid for... well for a few days lol

PS: Yibbida, I am a first person shooter junkie I have almost every FPS worth buying and I am a GOOD shot lol, I also used to belong to a gun club , my friends call me Lara as a nickname LOL as they claim I do not look the part of a gun toting female lol apparently I am far too girly I'm a size 8 and have blonde hair to my waist, I also LOVE paintballing and again I am GOOD at it lol, I used to go hunting often with friends and on the farm, nothinglike being hurled to your Bottom by letting fly with both barrels of a shotgun...ooppps.

""""PS: Yibbida, I am a first person shooter junkie I have almost every FPS worth buying and I am a GOOD shot lol, I also used to belong to a gun club , my friends call me Lara as a nickname LOL as they claim I do not look the part of a gun toting female lol apparently I am far too girly I'm a size 8 and have blonde hair to my waist, I also LOVE paintballing and again I am GOOD at it lol, I used to go hunting often with friends and on the farm, nothinglike being hurled to your Bottom by letting fly with both barrels of a shotgun...ooppps.""""

I think I'm in Love !.....

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2009, 12:25:31 AM »
LOL Smee, at least I don't get a too big a chip on my shoulder about it !

They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2009, 12:26:26 AM »

Go for it, Quicksdraw!
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2009, 12:33:47 AM »

Go for it, Quicksdraw!

oops there goes mi wade...DOH.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2009, 12:47:35 AM »
Liisa, we're sisters under the skin - I feel the same way about shops or businesses that behave in this way.

I had a similar experience (not with someone else's purchase, but mine - involving a phone battery). The battery did not hold a charge. I tried to charge it fully several times, but the rotten thing would show that it was fully charged but the charge didn't even last a day. After 14 days, I was confirmed in my suspicion that this was either a Chinese fake or a reconditioned battery (and it had been sold as a new battery, from one of those little stall things in shopping centres). Of course I had the receipt, but when I looked at it, I saw that it said no refunds, no exchanges except within 1 day of purchase. I suspected I might have a bit of a problem getting a refund for what was clearly not fit for the purpose for which I'd purchased it, so I too printed that excerpt from the TPA. I carefully placed the excerpt on the counter, explained that the battery did not hold a charge and was clearly not new and clearly not functioning as per the specifications of the item, and that I required a full refund.

The seller saw that I wasn't going to be fobbed off with the disclaimer (which was illegal), and it only took around 3 minutes (mostly explanation and reiteration from me) before she handed over the refund.

It IS worth the hassle. It definitely is. We have legislation in Australia to PROTECT CONSUMERS - and to stop businesses from behaving unconscionably. If we don't use the protection of those laws, we don't deserve them. I know that sometimes I let small infringements slide... but I hope that's a matter of judgement and an act of mercy rather than thinking "It's just not worth it". I don't believe in behaving like a greedy "me me me me my rights" lunatic - but neither should we allow ourselves to be taken advantage of.

Well done, Liisa!
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2009, 01:35:06 PM »
Countess...I think that seeing as Tello is a yank...the US Paypal rules would apply.

I'm pretty sure they are different to ours.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2009, 01:37:22 PM »
Roo, good point! And I did keep that in mind... and made sure I quoted from PayPal.com rather than PayPal.com.au. It's interesting - there are differences, but there is still that differentiation between Buyer Protection and Buyer Complaint policies.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

bobbybigbear

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2009, 02:12:08 PM »
Back on topic.

Australia is the highest taxed nation on earth, here is a sample I put together a while ago to show what I mean.

Take home Pay
Pay = $600................Tax Paid..............................................$130
Petrol for the week=$50................GST, Tax & Govt excise.......$33
Mortgage or rent = $200......Tax, proportion of stamp duty........$20
Cigarettes= $70................tax, gst and tobacco exercise........$56
Insurance's = $40.................GST...........................................$4
Phone, mobile + Internet= $50..............................gst................$5
Car Rego=$15 .......GST, Road Tax, Levy.................................$12
Electricity/Gas=$20........GST..................................................$2
Alcohol=$20.................GST and excise...................................$12
Car maintenance, including service, tune, tyres, etc;
=$20..................................GST............................................$2
Medicare Levy.......................................................................$5

Now this is a basic breakdown, and will vary between families, some families have two cars, some don't drink or smoke.
As you can see, the taxes paid on a basic income where you take home $600 per week is aprox: $284.00

I did this to show an idiot that thinks people on a basic wage don't pay enough tax.  Drivers are allready taxed to the hilt, and the tax on petrol ensures those that drive longer distances pay more.

Bazinga

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2009, 02:56:33 PM »
I am with the WTF thought on this.

We pay a registaration fee that is supose to cover roads.

we also pay a petrol tax so we are already paying a PAYG tax on road use.

The more you drive the more you pay.

The more powerful your car the more you pay.

Talk about double and triple dipping

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2009, 03:23:53 PM »
We do pay tax on so many things, agreed.

Tello, I think we should split this topic to try and give you some options with the PayPal situation.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2009, 04:09:35 PM »
Tello, I think we should split this topic to try and give you some options with the PayPal situation.

Why me? You make it sound like I'm the Lonesome Soul in the PP wilderness.
How about all the other losers?
Go ahead, split! Tack it at the top.
It won't do much good. Nobody reads these boards anyway....
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"