Author Topic: Do you also find this annoying - pp not notifying of e-cheque clearance  (Read 12036 times)

poison_ivy

I don't get them very often, but have noticed that they don't send emails anymore to let you know that the e-cheque has cleared, fortunately I was checking my PP and noticed that one had cleared but still no notification from them, lucky for my buyer that I did check in on it.

Would be nice to get an email to let me know, considering how kindly I give them fees to utilise their service :rofl:

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Do you also find this annoying - pp not notifying of e-cheque clearance
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 08:13:20 PM »

Long time no see ivy....good to see you back ;)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 09:53:03 PM »
I think Col mentioned something this a while ago - he said that the email notifications for echeques had stopped arriving.

(Unless I'm remembering incorrectly...)

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Bellagina

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 11:01:18 PM »
Yep, same thing happened to me just today.
The only reason I noticed the payment had cleared, was that the summary on my selling page was saying I had to post 1 item, when i thought I had done them all....  checked and I found the item marked as paid, then logged in to paypal to check there.
It is a hassle that they no longer send these emails, that's for sure.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 11:04:53 PM »
Why are you all so surprised !!!
They always remove useful tools and information that work well and concentrate of implementing snot that only hinders

Its just part of enjoying the ebay experience 

cueperkins

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 08:58:15 AM »
Has anyone noticed that store listings are now appearing in searches again?  Category numbers doubled overnight, and I couldn't figure it out....then I realised, they've put the shop listings back in....it's like a bloody yoyo.

poison_ivy

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 09:38:58 AM »
Yes I noticed that Cupie, it looks all over the place.   

cueperkins

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 09:42:50 AM »
I guess it's aimed at making their flagging listings look beefier......but it's probably better exposure for the shop owners....problem is that it tends to spam the category if the shop has too many of the same items...I wish they'd stop trying to make Ebay better...all they've managed to do is throw it into complete chaos....and alienate long term reliable sellers and buyers....

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 10:11:27 AM »
I cannot see the rationale behind assaulting potential buyers repeatedly with the same fish - I mean, the same listings. Identikit listings are to all intents and purposes simply the same listing with different eBay item numbers. This offers buyers less choice by making real choice harder to find.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 12:27:53 PM »
I called paypal to ask why I wasn't receiving notification emails and was told I need to contact my internet service provider to see why my mail wasn't coming through

moronic retards

poison_ivy

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 05:26:28 PM »
Quote of the week goes to bnwt.  definately pay that one.   Have no trouble getting all other notifications from them.

I understand it is great for store holders having their listings more transparent in search results, but perhaps it would have been better if they also created a tab at the top alongside the 'auction', 'buy it now' with a 'store items' tab.  I just clicked on the 'auction' tab to looks at some item I was interested in as I felt the spamming was ruddy awful to look at.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 08:23:09 PM »
Thanks Ivy ..... you have put the mocker on me.... hadn't had an E-cheque payment for yonks .... now had 2 in 48 hours since you posted this thread .....They are a pain in the ars neck !!

poison_ivy

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009, 10:39:41 PM »
I'm sorry smee, actually I hadn't had one in over 12 months, most pay via instant, but I've had two in the past week.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 10:43:41 PM »
I'm sorry smee, actually I hadn't had one in over 12 months, most pay via instant, but I've had two in the past week.
yes Ivy and I think they are going to increase every one is petrified of the Paypal holding funds thing coming in and withdrawing all their money leaving very small or nil balances in paypal accounts so when they make a purchase the funds have to come from their banks rather than instant from paypal balances