Author Topic: Did anyone see the special "Message from eBay" ?  (Read 8568 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Did anyone see the special "Message from eBay" ?
« on: September 23, 2012, 07:43:43 PM »
When I logged in to eBay tonight there was a "Message from eBay" screen which was blank because the message must have been an image and AdBlock had blocked it.

Did anyone see what the message was? And was it anything important?

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Did anyone see the special "Message from eBay" ?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 07:47:36 PM »
And I tried logging in with other IDs but the message didn't reappear.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 07:48:40 PM »
No , it was a Claytons message

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 08:01:32 PM »
Thanks Mr Smee. I think the last time I saw one of those messages it was about the eBay satchels so I thought it may be important. I turned off AdBlock for a looksee but it was too late and I couldn't believe the number of ads all over the site.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 10:07:29 AM »
I got a message from ebay today

They seem to be telling me that I can manipulate
1 of my seller rating categories

Part of the message says

"Thanks for consistently delivering exceptional service to your buyers. We're here to provide you a marketplace where you can sell with confidence. That's why we've taken the following steps during the past month to protect your account:

Automatically set 1 of your detailed seller rating(s) to 5 stars"

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 05:43:08 PM »
It's tosh.

Piffle.

:blah:

eBay has never been so unfriendly and difficult (by default) for sellers as it is now.

Any small to medium seller who sells with confidence on eBay is living in a haze of pink fairy dust and must think that scorpions make wonderful fluffy pets.

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

callostemma

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 06:35:10 PM »
I was perusing  Feebay and noticed sellers in australia are now demanding ridiculous postage costs  for articles which I know can be mailed for lesser amounts
They must imaginebecause sellers from USA are  asking large amounts they can too :money:

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 06:46:34 PM »
Maybe part of it because they have to pay fees on postage now as well

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 07:29:47 PM »
And I believe PayPal's fee percentage has just risen...?

Not only that, but PayPal is holding the payment amounts for 21 days in the case of many sellers. It makes things very difficult for the unfortunate sellers who must shell out the final value fee, the cost of postage, the item itself, and still be left WITHOUT THE ACTUAL PAYMENT for almost a month after the sale. Add to that the increased fear that a difficult buyer may try to use the Money Back Guarantee (which has in more than one instance had the seller out of pocket for the item cost, postage cost TO and postage cost FROM the buyer, and WITHOUT THE ACTUAL ITEM BEING RETURNED TO THEM) to their advantage, and it makes me wonder how anyone has sufficient courage to risk selling on eBay at present.

Mind you, if one's buying an item from an established seller who is unlikely to have the 21-day-hold and is selling as a business, and the postage cost is ridiculously high, it would certainly deter me from buying from them - unless the item were a one-off hard-to-get incredibly rare sort of item that I desperately wanted...

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"