Author Topic: Aus Post price increases 8th April 2013  (Read 19577 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Aus Post price increases 8th April 2013
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 05:12:43 PM »
I saw that... I will have to check the latest communication from AP concerning business rates for account holders.

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 05:23:33 PM »
Countess .....

In the FAQ section of the first link of the OP

Q. I am a business customer with an Australia Post charge account. What do these changes mean for me?
A. All affected business account and eParcel customers have been sent a separate notification. If you have any further questions please speak to your account manager.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 05:27:58 PM »
Yes, they've sent the comnunications, but I cannot right at this very instant recall what the increases are - I'm in the middle of a mountain of work... and somehow it is very hard to get one's energy level back up to speed after so many consecutive days of relentless brain-sapping heat.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 10:35:52 AM »
Sent an email yesterday to Aus Post eBay ID asking about possible C&S price changes:

sent a message about Australia Post eBay Flat Rate Satchel 500g (5 bag pack) - Click and Send Postage #160916518601
Sent Date: 13-Mar-13 16:42:17 AEDST

Dear australiapoststore,

Hi,

Will the Click & Send postage prices be changing in April in line with the parcel and prepaid satchel price increases?

And the reply: (which in typical fashion doesn't answer my question!)

Hello,

Click and Send and the postage changes on April 8. You will still be able to send packages within specified same state location using your 3kg Click and Send satchels.

The Click and Send satchels will not be obsolete and the postage charge to send a parcel to specified same state locations using Click and Send from April 8 will be $8.95, the same cost as standard parcel post. These prices will be updated in the Click and Send system on April 8.

If you would like further information about our Price Changes here is a link that will help you http://auspo.st/10etU2i.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 10:40:05 AM »
I've sent another email, this time asking for specific pricing so hopefully I won't get another vague reply.

Thank you for your reply but I still have some pricing questions. I have checked the Aus Post link but can find no mention of Click and Send prices.

I use flat-rate pricing for all of my eBay listings and need to include the new postage costs in my selling prices.

Will the C&S satchels and boxes still be flat-rate Australia wide?

Can you please confirm what the C&S postage prices will be for:
500g satchel
3kg satchel
Bx1 carton
Bx2 carton
Bx4 carton

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 10:57:06 AM »
A very quick reply!

Hello,

I do appreciate your response in relation to the price changes in April and can certainly help you out.

We have not been advised of any price changes with the 500g ($6.20) & 3kg ($10.50) Click and Send satchels as well as the BX1 ($6.50) flat rate boxes; at this stage the Click and Send flat rate satchel and box postage charges will remain the same.

Current changes that have been made are on the link that i did provide to you previously under 'pricing adjustment'

I hope that this information does help you and enjoy the rest of your day.

So, no increases to C&S postage prices have been announced ...  as at this date

jozrt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 07:24:02 AM »
theyve abolished small parcels rates up to 250g for $4.35 too, thats a shame

jozrt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 07:36:07 AM »
& 3kg ($10.50)

is that business rates Wheels?

ive still got stock - packs of 10 I bought years ago , back when 3kg satchel bags were $9.60 singly

im of the understanding theyre $12.50 each now?

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 11:26:43 AM »
Joe, the 3kg C&S satchels are $10.55 plus the cost of the satchel.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 12:02:03 PM »
For anyone who uses the Flat Rate boxes through Click and Send, the mailing boxes can now be purchased online and it looks like delivery is free.

http://shop.auspost.com.au/mailingboxes

jozrt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 02:38:56 PM »
Hi Wheels, Ive no idea what C&S stands for. I was referring to standard 3kg pre-paid satchel bags. Online the pricing for that looks like $12.50.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 02:44:17 PM »
Joz c&s is Click and send
The satchels are special ebay ones ,
The postage including the cdt of te satchel and paypal frendy tracking
is cheaper than normal satchels which dont satisfy the paypal protection tracking requirements

https://www.clickandsend.com.au/

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Australia-Post-Store

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2013, 02:44:34 PM »
Joe, C&S is Click & Send.

You can buy the satchels on eBay or direct from Aus Post.

http://shop.auspost.com.au/flatratesatchels

Signup with C&S, link your eBay ID to your C&S ID and then it automatically imports your sales info from eBay. Payment is made by creditcard online and you print out a label. The postage details are automatically updated in eBay incl the tracking number. Lodge the satchel or box over the counter at the PO and get a lodgement receipt.

https://www.clickandsend.com.au

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2013, 02:47:28 PM »
snap Mr Smee  ;D

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2013, 02:48:41 PM »
Joe, if you don't want to use C&S you can buy the standard satchels from the PO in packs of 10 and save 5%. Or you can buy in bigger quantities for higher discounts.

You can still use your old stock of satchels but they will have no tracking. Maybe check with your local PO if you can add over-the-counter tracking (costs about $1.50) to the satchels. If your items are high value you need to send them registered. Registered labels cannot be used for parcels (still ok for letters) after the new prices come into effect in April.

jozrt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 04:14:21 PM »
I'll certainly look into these satchels wheels smee, slightly cheaper then the standards which would be more attractive to the buyer (more sales) got tracking and you can have them delivered!

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 07:45:18 PM »
In the announcement by Australia Post, it was stated that ALL parcel services would have tracking included.

This was interesting as I wondered how this would work if you had a parcel ready to post - complete with postage affixed (ie stamps) so, yesterday, I asked my local LPO....

It turns out that the Australia Post systems had already been updated and they did an experiment - which worked.

In a nutshell, you just ask to purchase the tracking option (which has been $1.55 and shows up as that on the Australia Post terminal) and they need to enter the destination postcode.  This produces the tracking barcode sticker and provides you with a lodgement receipt, but the cost has been made ZERO - so there is nothing to pay if you already have postage on it!

This approach may not be of interest to a lot of people - but it is an option that does have an answer.

Interestingly - C&S parcels with tracking only and 'Pay later at Post Office' use this $1.55 option in the assessment process.  Two such parcels that I took down yesterday for payment over the counter were processed exactly the same as before - but on the receipt the $1.55 charge did not appear.

So it would seem parcel tracking is, indeed, included across all parcel services.  Now it only costs if you want signature on delivery.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 08:24:08 PM »
Interesting, Brumby.

:onitsway: ... :delivery:

If the main concern is to be able to track an item, that's the way to do it. (But this would only be for items physically lodged at the PO?)

For those whose concern is to register items (in case of parcels going missing), registered or receipted delivery with insurance would still be required.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 09:24:24 PM »
As from Monday 8th April, Domestic Parcels:
 1. Will no longer be able to be sent via Registered Mail.
 2. Will have 'Signature on Delivery' available at $2.95. There is a new label available for this (which is, in essence, equivalent to the current Registered label).
 3. Will have tracking included in the postage cost.  (I believe there is supposed to be some guarantee of at least 3 tracking events being captured.)

Note: Registered Mail will continue to be available - but only for Letters.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 09:57:15 PM »
We'll (as in... most people in Australia) probably still be referring to "registered" for a while! (It's a bit like trying to work out which way to turn a tap when it's been "fixed" the wrong way round...)

The Signature on Delivery option - does that include compensation of articles up to the value of $100 if it goes missing?

... It seems as though that is not included.

What the page says is...

Want the same offering as Registered Post for your parcel delivery?
Simply choose the regular product, Parcel Post, and then add Signature on Delivery or Extra Cover as optional features.

Note: Signature on Delivery can be purchased as a single feature for $2.95. If you would like Extra Cover you need to purchase both Signature on Delivery for $2.95 and Extra Cover for $1.50 per $100 value (or part thereof).

If I'm reading it correctly (that is, if my assumption that AP no longer assure the customer that if a "registered parcel" aka "Signature on Delivery" parcel goes missing, they will compensate up to $100), then anyone who wants that safety net has to purchase both Signature on Delivery and Extra Cover (because they won't provide the EC without the SoD).

Am I missing something or misreading something...?

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 04:20:01 PM »
Registered service only available for Letters.

Cost: $3.20
Provides:
 - Tracking
 - Signature on Delivery
 - Up to $100 insurance cover included
 - Extra cover $1.50 per $100 or part thereof

Signature on Delivery service.

Cost: $2.95
Provides:
 - Tracking
 - Signature on Delivery
 - ZERO insurance cover included
 - Extra cover $1.50 per $100 or part thereof

So - if you are sending a parcel that requires signature and up to $100 insurance...

Old way = $3.20
New way = $4.45

Nice one, Australia Post.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 07:00:35 PM »
As I thought/feared.

It isn't an issue for us, but for those who need to use the registered parcel option (Signature on Delivery + Extra Cover), it does seem that they've been SODECked.

Bad, bad, very bad. This is going to affect a lot of sellers.

pra666

• Knight of the RT
    • The Sand Pit
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 07:45:38 AM »
As from Monday 8th April, Domestic Parcels:
 1. Will no longer be able to be sent via Registered Mail.
 2. Will have 'Signature on Delivery' available at $2.95. There is a new label available for this (which is, in essence, equivalent to the current Registered label).
 3. Will have tracking included in the postage cost.  (I believe there is supposed to be some guarantee of at least 3 tracking events being captured.)

Note: Registered Mail will continue to be available - but only for Letters.

"letters" includes large letters so cost of sending most of the coins, stamps, badges etc that I sell will not change.
Are the "Signature on Delivery" labels available in bulk and can the paper work be done before taking them to the post office? My interpretation is that you need this to confirm that the parcel has been delivered. This is essential for internet sales as there have been a number of occasions when customers have told me that items have not been delivered when in fact they have been (usually it's someone else in the household has accepted the item but not always)

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 11:24:20 AM »
Firstly - apologies for the quality of the photos.  They were quick iPhone snaps on the counter - with a queue waiting...  
(BTW - I've dummied up the tracking numbers and barcodes, since the original shots were of valid, unused labels.)

Here is what the new Signature on Delivery sticker looks like:

I am told they will be coming out in bulk rolls, like registered labels and it is 'expected' that there could be a discount - but the staff won't know the price until they have a barcode to scan.  No idea when that will happen.

Here's another tracking label - for prepaid or bulk postage - on parcels only.  They are free - but are ONLY available to account customers.

Oh, and as for the printing of a 'free' label at a post office - the trick tried last week doesn't work any more.  You have to pay for some postage to get one printed. I pulled a 5c stamp off a parcel so they could print me a barcode with 5c postage on it.  Might as well not bother with the stamps - but it does add a lot more time at the counter.

This was at the second post office of the two we use - and when they tried to print off a 'free' tracking label - they were successful in producing a receipt with a tracking number on it - but there was no label produced to stick on the parcel.  I'd call that a slight "FAIL".

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 06:06:20 PM »
Thanks for that, Brumby.

I will call our pickup AP; perhaps account customers can have them sent out in rolls.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 10:56:47 PM »
To sum up - for PARCELS only:

These are the free stickers only available to credit account customers only.  They aren't just given out - they have to be allocated to a particular customer number.  You don't need these if you are purchasing the postage at the Australia Post counter - the tracking barcode will automatically be printed in the postage sticker.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Parcel Post Signature on Delivery sticker available singly or in sheets of 10 (same as the Express labels below) at $2.95 for each label:

OR in a box of 50 for $140.00:

Also available are EXPRESS POST Signature on Delivery labels - again available singly or in sheets of 10 at $2.95 for each label:

OR in a box of 50 for $140.00: (same as the ordinary SOD labels above)

These all have one thing in common ... there is NO INSURANCE COVER included whatsoever.

Insurance is called "EXTRA COVER" and must be purchased separately at the counter at the rate of $1.50 for each $100 value or part thereof.

The tracking numbers and barcodes have been altered,as the original photos were of valid, unused labels.

***Mr Magoo 2U***

• A. Herm (Magoogle it)
  • Knight of the RT
  • Get Out of My Way Sonny!!!
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2013, 09:25:59 AM »
To sum up - for PARCELS only:

These are the free stickers only available to credit account customers only.  They aren't just given out - they have to be allocated to a particular customer number.  You don't need these if you are purchasing the postage at the Australia Post counter - the tracking barcode will automatically be printed in the postage sticker.

The Parcel Post Signature on Delivery sticker available singly or in sheets of 10 (same as the Express labels below) at $2.95 for each label:

OR in a box of 50 for $140.00:

Also available are EXPRESS POST Signature on Delivery labels - again available singly or in sheets of 10 at $2.95 for each label:

OR in a box of 50 for $140.00: (same as the ordinary SOD labels above)

These all have one thing in common ... there is NO INSURANCE COVER included whatsoever.

Insurance is called "EXTRA COVER" and must be purchased separately at the counter at the rate of $1.50 for each $100 value or part thereof.

The tracking numbers and barcodes have been altered,as the original photos were of valid, unused labels.

WHY have these tracking numbers and barcodes been ALTERED????
i was going to use these !!!

nyet heppy jan
May the Sprouts be wuth u Oscar .....

pra666

• Knight of the RT
    • The Sand Pit
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2013, 02:01:05 PM »
Notice how the bulk discount has been reduced to almost zero.
Signature on delivery: save an amazing 15c when purchasing in bulk.
The old registered label: save 50c when purchasing in bulk.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2013, 02:41:59 PM »
Pra, the old registered labels are still available for sale through Aus Post's online shop. I think they're $135 for a box. I've been told by Aus Post that any labels I currently have can still be used on parcels etc until they run out.

pra666

• Knight of the RT
    • The Sand Pit
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2013, 02:26:31 PM »
Thanks wheels.
The registered labels are still used on letters, large letters etc. A lot of the items I post are coins, tokens, badges and similar items so can be sent in padded bags as large letters. I have been lucky that these changes have affected me a lot less than many other sellers.