Author Topic: ****!! eBay **LOOK HERE** Your daily feedback and ideas from this site !!****  (Read 43411 times)

Poddy

Would the designers of the current eBay search please do something about the speed of the search and about the speed of pages loading in general.

Thanking you in advance

Concerned buyer 

LiisaSx

I dislike the new search so much, sellers are losing income and Ebay is losing fees due to lost sales, I cannot fathom as to why a search process should be made so redundant.

If I choose to search for heavy items IE: furniture in my immediate area (10-25km) and I get thrown listings from 100KM+ from my location what good is it?

Not only that but it requires a PHD to make it moderately functional, I have tried to look at all the angles as to how the decision was made to warrant (hiding) nearby locations and cannot think of one.

Ebay you are driving potential customers away, please rectify this ridiculous search function.

Another example...
I did a search for Coffee table within 10 km, I was presented with 36 examples, 4 were in close proximity (only known by the suburb in the listing) and 11 (as far as I could tell) were 50 to 80km away.

I am NOT bidding on an auction 80km from my home for a bloody coffee table, so what now? I have to message every seller of interest that does not state the location in the listing to find out if they are anywhere even remotely close to me? that is IF they reply.. so hmm more lost sales = more lost fees.

I really would like to know the point, 50% of sellers state their location in the listing so how does the obscure location function actually.. function?

Come on Ebay think smart.
Your Not Amazon nor will you ever be.

PS. I did a search for "Timber" and a further 6 Coffee tables, some of which were within my km limit showed up that were listed as "Timber coffee table" and yet they did NOT show up in the search for "Coffee table"... please explain.

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
I hate sellers that say they are registered in Australia... then you read the postal charges and it can be anywhere up to $35 dollars and more, just for a watch... read a bit further and the item is overseas.. and so is the seller !... they are mostly Asian adds...why does Ebay let this go unnoticed ?....

Fluffy*Duckee

I hate not feeling safe as a seller.  The unfair feedback system and the Paypal (I'm not against Paypal, it has a use and can be useful), problem with having to send parcel registered to protect oneself is not good enough.  It is putting many sellers off.  The hidden bidder is putting many buyers off and they are no longer bidding because they can be sure if they are being shill bidded against.  Not good enough Ebay!!!!

Fluffy*Duckee

Interesting article Mr Ebay.  These are your customers. 

http://blogs.wsj.com/biztech/2008/06/24/ebay-angers-sellers-pleases-buyers/

col52

they are mostly Asian adds...why does Ebay let this go unnoticed ?....

For some strange, peculiar, reason ebay seems to favour Asian based listings. They seem to let them get away with so many violations it's not true! If AU based sellers tried anything like those listings, they'd end up NARU !
Maybe ebay would like to comment ?

col52

The hidden bidder is putting many buyers off and they are no longer bidding because they can be sure if they are being shill bidded against.  Not good enough Ebay!!!!

I don't see a real purpose in the hidden bidder system that cannot be attained by tighter security and verification by ebay.

I am also curious how my hidden bidder name could start with a 5 and end with a 5 at the same time ??? (5***5)

LiisaSx

Unfortunately, and I think we have all said it before, Ebay's business model for the future is apparently to be an Amazonesq type on-line mall, they have tried this in varying degrees on other sites they own and it failed, so now it would appear they are trying to "convert" EBay by stealth into the aforementioned, what they do not realise is it will never work that way.

EBay lets look at it this way, if you remove all the Mom and dad sellers, and all the mom and dad buyers looking for quirky, unusual, hard to get items or those that need a bargain in this economic clime, and replace them with larger enmasse impersonal businesses, and Chinese sellers of fake and shoddy merchandise with inflated postage and NO recourse what do you have? Sure your raking in the fees from these shonks, but your fees could and would be matched and exceeded if you work on getting back to your roots, not to mention your reputation would stop taking a massive hit.

You have a flailing business that was once one of the greats, roll back some of the ludicrous changes, think clearly about how things have gone downhill since the changes, head back to the beginning and have a good rethink where it all went wrong, everyone else can see it.

Contrary to what some EBay exec's believe we are FOR EBay, we want EBay to succeed, because if EBay succeeds, we all prosper, listen to your core, enough lies about what some obscure focus group said that has no real bearing on the real members, listen to us with an open mind, hear us and together we all move forward.

cueperkins

I am also curious how my hidden bidder name could start with a 5 and end with a 5 at the same time ??? (5***5)

Col......NUMBER 5 IS ALIVE !!  bleep, bleep.....

You're right liisasx..what ebay didn't realise is that collectors are obsessive...they'll track down that bargain, they'll rummage and search in dark corners of ebay stores just to find that rare item......but now, the bargains are few and far between, because the hobby sellers can't reconcile the cost and hassle of selling on Ebay these days, with the ease it once represented for many, particularly rural members........and let's face it...the best bargains you could find on ebay came from people's garage and spare rooms where they'd stored the old family hand me downs and heirlooms. 

I know myself as an avid collector of various things, that since 21/5/08 when mandatory Paypal came in, I stopped selling and hence, stopped buying and ultimately stopped collecting as avidly as I once did.....it's a false economy.    If collectors can't sell surplus items hassle free, then they have less money to buy from other sellers.....it's simple really...many people subsidise their buying/collecting by selling excess items.   Without one, the other is unsustainable.

And even if I did decide to open a paypal account and start selling again, the prices that collectibles are going for on ebay is ridiculously low compared to only a year ago.  I'd bet that members have dropped off in droves...people just like me, who can't stand the idea of even more fees and extra hassle.  Being a consumer shouldn't be this difficult or anxiety producing actually.

I have three starburst or sunburst clocks from the 50's, which would once get up to $200.00.....even the repro's go for more than that....but I wouldn't dare list them on ebay right now, they would be unlikely to get more than 50.00.  Ask anyone who's been selling for years, how low the return is these days?  Are collectors disappearing from ebay?  seems so......are people getting sick of the spam listings, hidden bidders, malfunctioning email system, absence of customer service, or once bitten twice shy after being ripped off etc etc etc etc?  Are they tired of forums that allow only 20 posts in the event of a consumer issue, or being slapped silly as a consumer for having an opinion ebay doesn't agree with?  Are we tired of being pushed around and herded like sheep into this pen or that?  As a consumer of almost 8 years membership on ebay........I am.

Innovative disruptions?  I could think of another term.

brumbymg

Disruptive Innovations.

I'll leave it at that.

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
Welcome back Col,

Hope you're feeling better..

As for 5***5 being a problem... Why ??  When I bid I show up as 4***4 coz my buying ID is barny1944...

Can we assume your absence is as a result of minor surgery to allow you to become fully upstanding ??  :potstir:

:wine:

If you try to fail, and succeed, what have you done ??

col52

Col......NUMBER 5 IS ALIVE !!  bleep, bleep.....

OH NO !!!!!

ebay has robotified me!

:'(

col52

Welcome back Col,

Hope you're feeling better..

As for 5***5 being a problem... Why ??  When I bid I show up as 4***4 coz my buying ID is barny1944...

Thank you barny, feeling a bit better but not quite "all there"  :exorcism:

Well mr smartybrick............you have two "4's" in your ID, I only have one "5"

Can we assume your absence is as a result of minor surgery to allow you to become fully upstanding ??  :potstir:

That brick gets crushed...................tomorrow!  :goth:

Poddy

Please eBay rectify this.

This is a graph of eBay and Amazon plotted with the same scale for each and the same time frame in the same economic climate.

How can you still say that the down turn is due to the world financial crisis?

Reverse the policies that caused the downturn and and claw your way back up from your fatal decline.

col52

How can you still say that the down turn is due to the world financial crisis?

I've seen graphs and figures that totally blow that statement by ebay right out of the water!

Poddy

Yes its a bit hard to explain how one company can make a 105% improvement and another in a similar business makes a 62% decline

Could it be the different policies?
A deathwish perhaps?
Bad management maybe?

col52

1. Possibly
2. Perhaps
3. Definately

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
G'Day Col,

Smartybrick here...

If the selection of characters from your user ID for the 5***5 is really random... There is certainly a possibility that the same character could be selected twice.

Now, on a serious note..

As to your idle threats of brick crushing  :blah:  :blah:  :blah:

:uthewoman:

col52

G'Day Col,

Smartybrick here...

If the selection of characters from your user ID for the 5***5 is really random... There is certainly a possibility that the same character could be selected twice.

Now, on a serious note..

As to your idle threats of brick crushing  :blah:  :blah:  :blah:

:uthewoman:

:tazdev:

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Barny!

Are you calling Col a girl?

:bgirlpants:

Surely not!
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
Barny!

Are you calling Col a girl?

:bgirlpants:

Surely not!

Of course not  :liar:

col52

Poddy

I don't believe it !!!!

eBay providing FREE entertainment via their fora

The RT Reunion thread has all the elements of an ongoing soap opera  ;D

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
But Poddy,

There a so many episodes being "poofed" ,  that it is hard to follow.

Poddy

Barny, that is the whodunit element of the thread hahahaha, nothing like some mystery huh ?

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
But Poddy,

There a so many episodes being "poofed" ,  that it is hard to follow.

Yeh Barny...kinda like Twitter...all senseless ramblings for lobotomized Twits...

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT

Hey Ebay ...... in case you haven't noticed ....ya dieing....those Buzzards aren't there to sun bake Pal......

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
Spam Alert #4

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
OUCH  !!!

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
Another Ouch !!!

I just got three slaps on the re-union thread...

This first

Posting disruptive or hostile comments, including interpersonal disputes.

which is not permitted at eBay.

This is a copy of your post:

> let me spell it out, for you.   try to keep up  

>  
 > if you think that i tried to get your email
addy. you'd be wrong.

OK I see (I think)

Are you saying that I said that you had leaned on
me in an attempt to get my e-mail addy ???

If
so, No you didn't lean on me at all...

And I
challenge you to put up the proof of your claim, or
apologise.

You insults as to my lack of
intelligence are acknowledged, why do you think I use the
brick ??

Then this

> > let me spell it out, for you.   try to keep
up  
 > >    
 > > if you think that i
tried to get your email addy. you'd be wrong.  

>  
 > OK I see (I think)  
 >  

> Are you saying that I said that you had leaned on me in
an attempt to get my e-mail addy ???  
 >  
 >
If so, No you didn't lean on me at all...  
 >  

> And I challenge you to put up the proof of your claim,
or apologise.  
 >  
 > Your insults as to
my lack of intelligence are acknowledged, why do you think I use the brick ??

Waiting

Then this

> If so, No you didn't lean on me at all...  
 >  

> And I challenge you to put up the proof of your claim, or
apologise.  
 >  
 > Your insults as to my lack of
intelligence are acknowledged, why do you think I use the
brick ??

Waiting

C'mon Eloi.....Keep up

OOps

Ebay, if your watching, why do I get slapped and Eloi doesn't ???  Get some fairness into the moderation.

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
A follow up...

I just got eBali for 7 days, without making any more posts, or receiving any more slaps..

Go figure..

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
Unbelievable Barney. 

A plot is afoot me thinks.

:duckling:

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
Yes friend Duckee,

somebody don't like me.... I was challenging Eloi at the time... Does she use "the button"

Cheers

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
Well I never !!!

I always thought that when a trip to eBali was made, the vacationer could read but not post on the eBay boards... But for me, I have been banned from even reading..

**sob**

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
A legitimate means of appeal needs to be made available. I suppose it is too much to ask for moderators who will not issue sanctions or ban (even temporarily) without taking context into consideration, hmm?

Barny, I'm sorry about this.  :brick: :console:
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Barny...

If you there and don't try to sign in...you can read as a guest....or you can use your dogs ID or something and read to your heart's content.

You just can't post..... :(

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
A follow up...

I just got eBali for 7 days, without making any more posts, or receiving any more slaps..

Go figure..

Never mind barny.....you need a free holiday.........

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
But for me, I have been banned from even reading..

NO WAY!!!!! Really?

I'm on ebali for life, and I can both read and copy.

You musta pizzed them off more than I was perceived to have done.

Or: ebay is INSANE!!!!!!
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
Hi Roo,

I thought that everybody would have forgotten the dog by now.... I have only used him once in six months... Strangely, no one slaps the dog, even though he only partakes of interpersonal disputes..

I guess it is who you are, not what you say, that counts. But why me ?? I have always been polite, discreet and friendly to ev'rybody (nearly), and never use sarcasm (hhmmmm).

cueperkins

That's why I don't post over there any more Barny.....it's like duck shooting at a carnival....(we're the ducks) and no appeals process worth bothering with in the face of obvious bias.  Ebay is a kingsize joke these days....Extreme Commerce hardly sums it up....and they continue to argue that they are a 'venue' only?  Oh yeah...that's why they interfere with and stand over every aspect of consumerism, and community, imposing this, that the other...... charging fees, but providing absolutely no customer service or accountability on the basis of their 'venue' only argument'......It's all Bullshit !!  They are a service provider, and until they are challenged publicly over their unconscionable conduct, then they'll continue to ignore the rights of consumers. 

Ebay is becoming more hassle than it's worth these days....can't sell anymore unless I agree to be extorted into joining Poopal.....can't post on their troll forums because they allow thugs with Posting ID's to ride rough shot over real members.....and then impose punitive sanctions on consumer access......can't find anything worth buying anymore so, it's almost complete...Ebay is useless to me as a rural collector and consumer.

I know of many rural consumers who can't be bothered with Ebay anymore...who wants to be treated like trash, pushed around, extorted into using a payment system that benefits only Ebay, given no redress of any kind, just to access e-commerce?  Who needs the stress of it all?....once upon a time, Ebay did bridge the gap for rural folk in terms of buying and selling access/availability of goods etc and it was FUN...but now it's just more US extortion disguised as commerce?  Haven't we seen the whole world suffer because of US extremists and their 'sell your grandmother' (white collar crime) dog wagging? 

Until Ebay get real, get fair, and get honest, they can get nicked. !!!

bobbybigbear

Barny they are checking IP's now, and interlinking them with different id's, that's why forums like this are under scrutiny.
If you have a dynamic IP which changes when your modem has been off for more than 5 minutes, simply clean out your cookies, your cache and your history, and don't sign into ebay, and you will be able to read whatever you like.

Poddy

Checking IPs .....hhhhhhmmmmmm.

No wonder eBay systens are in meltdown mode !!!

Bruce must be really keeping them busy, so blame Brwoosie for all the eBay glitches

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
The problem is that the AU eBay forums do hide some of the forums unless you are signed in - hence, if you've been given an eBali holiday, the instant you sign in you will be unable to so much as see those forums.

But surely you should be able to view the public-view forums if you are not signed in. Barny, that's decidedly odd.

(And yes, you're a lovely guy even though oddly rectangular and kiln-fired. But we're all of us made of clay, so that can't be the problem... And who could accuse you of sarcasm? Your use of it has seemed to be within the accepted Sarcasm Meter levels...)

bobbybigbear

Common names appear to be in and around and when boarding passes for eBali Air get handed out.
They are common because they have been there for so long.

:ebali:

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
When the only apparent consumer redress is through Live Help (helpfulness level well below sea level) and the eBay forums, it seems to me to be problematic that eBay buyers/sellers can be sanctioned so as to have no access to the eBay forums. I'm not sure what solution there is. Clearly there ARE some eBay members who post with the sole intent to be insulting, demeaning, bullying and disruptive - but when someone does not fall into that extreme category but is still sanctioned, their ability to be given helpful advice about their eBay transactions or presence is cut.

Clearly that is not acceptable.

bobbybigbear

It's not, but that's how the Trolls play. They no the system, and they know how to get you to bite.
They also know it's an automated system that works off the number of reports.

They bait & wait, in the we hours of the morning, when all are asleep bar them, they use multiple ID's (which never get checked ) through different proxies, to report each of your posts.

You wake up the next morning with an inbox full of pink slaps, with the last two containing your final warning, and then your boarding pass is your final message.

You may well receive more after that but the damage has been done.

Having it overturned is almost impossible if the Trolls have done their job.

I tried with 3 moderators, and you get nowhere, like the automated replies, they never answer a direct question. The closest I got was with Shane, but he left, just like all the others, immediately after they said the ban stayed.

Because innocent members are treated like dirt, can you blame them for registering fake id's to retaliate against the Trolls.
The whole thing ends up in a vicious circle, and uncontrollable, and that's why they decimated the forums, because the trolls had won.

M@ggie

You know, the reason eBay has lost a lot of traffic recently is because of sheer boredom with the auction model, I reckon (as well as general disenchantment with it's management, that can't be denied). I know I'm seriously over waiting days for an auction to end, and then mostly not winning unless you snipe. Yawwwwn.

I can see the attraction of Amazon's model - have a look around, see it, like it, buy it. Like the customer reviews, too. They often give you more information than feedback ever does.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Maggie, good point about the product reviews. It wouldn't be much use for the things I buy on eBay (or used to buy - still buy if I can FIND them), though, because I usually look for rare things, beautiful things, out-of-print things, things that I know I want. What I'm looking for, then, is not for the PRODUCT in order to make up my mind, but the AVAILABILITY and the SERVICE from the seller.

I enjoyed auctions very much... The fun's gone out of it with fewer people listing things for auction, or - pivotal for me - fewer things that I'm interested in buying on eBay. People in the UK and Germany and so on are no longer listing the sort of things they used to, and if they won't list them, I can't bid for them.

In my opinion (and after all, eBay wants to know what the buyers think), the auction/collectible heart of eBay should never have been ripped out. They could surely have added the BIN function - even focused on that as a separate addition - but to discard the auction side is detrimental.

M@ggie

Hmmmm, yes, excellent points, Countessa. I hadn't thought of the collectables side of things. I buy a lot of kitchenalia and yes, feedback IS important in this instance, whereas product reviews are less than useful. But still, if I want to buy a widget that everyone else has, I love finding out about other people's experiences. Deals Direct has some absolutely priceless reviews if you ever get the inclination to have a look-see  ;D

The antiques and collectables categories are what made eBay. More and more they're filled up with Chinese junk and crap figurines that will become the landfill of the future. They should hang their heads in shame for that alone ...