Author Topic: eSayer Surveys........are they worth the time at all  (Read 12342 times)

Poison_Ivy

eSayer Surveys........are they worth the time at all
« on: May 16, 2009, 09:57:10 AM »
I admit I haven't done the last two or three (oops naughty me) and do wonder what is the point of them.

I became an eSayer right at the beginning of it with an open mind that perhaps my opinion as a member would be of value and also as it was only supposed to be 5000 members participating, bit like a private study group so to speak.   

Does anyone else consider these surveys worth their time and effort?, as I wonder now if what we have to say as members truly is given value, or is that program ment to just humour us.

I did note that many of us that participated on the boards were afforded the opportunity to be eSayers and I spoke to several friends who are both sellers and buyers but who had never posted to the ebay forums and none of them had been offered a chance to be eSayers, one friend is a PS and she hadn't heard of it at all.

Primaryaim

Re: eSayer Surveys........are they worth the time at all
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 10:25:56 AM »
Morning Ivy, It was not offered to me but I would have been ambivalent about accepting.

Over the years eBay carried out many surveys. Almost without exception they were worded in such a way that you could only give a reply which would suit eBay.

On their forums members discussed how they answered and what they wanted but none of these ever seem to have been utilised. eBay just keep making ill advised decisions regardless of their surveys.

I am still living in hope they may take notice of their members insightful input to try to help rebuild eBay but it is a long wait.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 10:47:02 AM »
I tried to complete a PayPal survey the other day (I would have liked to win the laptop offer) but after a few questions and answers I was told that I was not suitable for their survey! What is that old saying about survey results? Something like, "tell me the answers you want and I'll tell you the questions to ask".  :evil:

Primaryaim

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 10:55:24 AM »
Exactly Wheels.

I wonder if those companies who pay people to complete their surveys realise that most have worked out which answers to give to get to the end of the survey and earn more money regardless of what you really think of their product. Such a waste.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 11:48:07 AM »
I'm an eSayer, but I know that my answers haven't been used in any decisions.

I have an eSayer voucher for a download music track from eBay's new http://play.ebay.com.au. I stated in the survey that I wouldn't be using it, because I'm not the sort of person who is interested in downloading a single track. I like entire albums, or complete operas.

Oh well, I just had a look at what was on offer for classical music. Unbelievably naff stuff - I would not call Katherine Jenkins "classical"; I wouldn't be putting someone like Rieu there all over the place (he is essentially a flamboyant showman rather than a classical musician); Bocelli's there; Blake is there; other "popularised" performers are there, but there are only 2 or 3 albums that anyone would really want to collect as a serious classical music lover.

And those I purchased as CDs months ago.

I knew it wouldn't be for me; I was right.

Does anyone else want my "free voucher"?
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 12:34:23 PM »
Does anyone else want my "free voucher"?

Will that be BIN ?? Or auction starting at 99 cents ??

Can I pay by Paypal ??

:devil:

:wine:

If you try to fail, and succeed, what have you done ??

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 12:44:36 PM »
You can pay in "smile" currency. I'm starting the bidding at 2 smiles.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 12:47:58 PM »
Well that puts me out..

I have only got one perpetual smile.

;D

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 12:53:07 PM »
Can't you get a loan from the Smile Bank?

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 01:00:15 PM »
Nah,  Banks is Grumpy mongrels..

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 06:34:03 PM »
I did the music survey saying I would never use it but the automated email sent me a free download voucher which I trashed

then a few days later I got another email reminding me that I had not used my voucher .... I trashed that as well

am I a cynic or are they wanting hits on the site so they can boast how popular it is ??

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 06:41:15 PM »
No, not a cynic, sounds about right to me.