Author Topic: How to defeat Paypal Held transactions, get money back in 2 clicks!  (Read 10205 times)

surf-inside

I found yet another bug in the paypal software.  (Information removed to avoid its being made available to Nasty Horrible Dishonest Sellers, as per OP's request)

This is just one of MANY bugs I have found.  This one was simple to find.

On a side note, Paypal called to interview me for a position in their QA department yesterday, but it did not go well.  If they only knew everything that I know, they'd hire me on the spot but instead they felt I was not qualified, even though I have found more bugs than they have.

I also know how to defeat the fraud detection engine and make a purchase using a TOTALL BOGUS CREDIT CARD and have them mark the transaction "OK to Ship"

I won't disclose how that is accomplished because of the legal implications.  I have not defrauded anyone, but have used a separate account on ebay to test this against one of my listings that I was able to successfully purchase and pay for using a fake credit card number.

Mike

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Re: How to defeat Paypal Held transactions, get money back in 2 clicks!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 03:26:35 AM »
I like this fella Mike.

ROFL at the two-click override.  Wonder how long it'll take PayPal to 'fix' it.  If too hard to do properly (what am I saying? ... this is PayPal) then I reckon I know the quick and dirty answer, but I won't give them any clues.  (The OZRT is monitored by eBay)

Once discovered, it is easy to imagine the coding behind that behaviour ... but it shows up a huge hole in the design and/or coding and/or testing. Not very clever. Not very thorough. Not professional in the least.

Not surprised about the bogus card payment - and nobody here would want you to give the details either.

Makes you apprehensive though... There could always be someone else out there who has worked that out - who is less than honest.

surf-inside

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 03:36:47 AM »
The way that I found out how to create a fraudulent transaction that will pass the chinese fraud/security detection that paypal bought last year, is because someone used it on me and stole some merchandise.  It took me a little while to figure out he he did it.  If these boards are monitored by ebay, perhaps I should remove my posting?  Wouldn't want to get banned here also !  Or let too many cats out of the bag.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 04:30:53 AM »
Getting banned here won't happen unless you break site rules ... this is NOT eBay.  We do have moderation and we have had memberships cancelled - but for very clear breaches.

Even with moderation, if the post can be edited to take out the 'offensive' bit, but still leave the message of the post intact - then that's what will happen, with a note indicating that this has been done.

As for letting cats out of the bag.......     that could be a point worth considering.

surf-inside

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 10:38:24 AM »
Yea letting the cats out of the bag probably isn't a wise thing.  Some of these techniques could be used to your advantage.  In my case, the dispute halted my business.  I had to put my store on vacation until I could get the insurance settlement in another two weeks.  But this simple  3 click workaround gave me this...

Temporary Hold To   Ebay Dispute   Removed   Details Temporary Hold To Ebay Dispute       -$861.57 USD

Now I'm back in a positive cash flow and able to conduct business again, and then refund the amount once the insurance pays out... :)

callostemma

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 09:20:06 AM »
A message is coming through   LOUD  and CLEAR
insert crystal ball smiley
Don't be a seller :ebay: :drama: :vent:

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 11:18:33 AM »
Keep up the good work Mike & please keep us informed.

Don't worry about getting banned here, as Brum6y said, banning is only for clear (& repeated) breaches of the rules.

Unlike the Ebay forums the moderators & Admin are very tolerant here.

Those who were banned in the past deserved it, as they were argumentive trouble makers.

shyer

• Knight of the RT
  • from UBB & yib thank you
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 01:01:22 PM »
Best way to beat PAy$pal is NOT use it. Use paymate instead . I know as a seller you will lose a few sales. However Pay$pal costs mean it is not worth it. P$P costs are over 10 % on sales over $200 .

You are in business for YOUR profit. FULL STOP....... NOT scambay profit.

From 3% Paypal fees, a 3% fake charge back rate that pay$pal never questions and pay$pal holding of monies and limiting funds withdrawal another 5% in lost interest total 11% on $1000 that is $110 plus ebay fees ,postage, internet costs, time (wages are not free) , petrol is not free to PO.

Most people can not be bothered signing up to paymate so other fair , fast and cheap payment methods used. If paymate is used costs only about 4% and can charge most of cost to buyer by padding receipted delivery charge.

Ebay is dying and when ebay dies paypal will follow as it is managed worse than ebay