Author Topic: Current Scam  (Read 3662 times)

Poddy

Current Scam
« on: April 20, 2010, 05:28:16 PM »
You may receive this email but dont fall for it, it is a scam

COMMENTS:
Hello, It has come to my attention that you might have an interest in purchasing the operating systemWindows 7 Ultimate version. I am selling Windows 7 Ultimate DVD --- the FULL Ultimate version. This is not the retail version from the store shelf, but it is the one that Microsoft gives out atIT Professional Conference Meetings to Engineers and Sales Professionals who are invited to come to these meetings.  Since it does not have the "Activation" policy files attached to the disk,it was not sold to the public,instead itis used to promote their software which is a regular practice with Microsoft Corp.  It is not a beta version, trial version, pre-release or anything like that.Although this is a copied DVD and not an"official Microsoft disk" it works exactly the same,and has even more benefits since it has no activation files, it canbe installed unlimited times on as many computers as you like which is a big plus!   The only down side to this is that there is no Web Based Support from MICROSOFT because it was not bought from them. This is the same with any preinstalled programs in a store-bought computer. Microsoft states on their websiteregistration page for windows 7 that it is..."Completely Optional"   This Windows 7 version can be updated at any time via windows update(just the same as any retail version though, so thatis no problem either.This is Windows 7 DVD. It is the full version, and as such it can be used to upgrade from an existingoperating system and can be used to perform a "clean" installation on a blank hard drive.Windows 7, the next generation OS from Microsoft is now RTM. This DVD is bootable .  I'd be willing to sell it to you for a very low price of $40.-plus a small shipping & handling fee. If you include64 BIT Windows 7 with it, I will include free shipping for a total of $60.- us dollars.You simply cannot beat this offer.This would cost you $299.-plus tax in any store, or $600 for both items, and you can only install the store boughtversion on one computer.As I said there are not any limitations or restrictions with this type of version other thanthe web-based support, but who really needs that anyways? I don't.  If you want to purchase Windows 7 32Bit($40.-) or Windows 7 64 Bit ($40..-) or BOTH PROGRAMS ($60.-) email me with yourshipping address and inform me which item you want, and I will even send it in advance.   You will receive it in 4-8 business days (sent from outside the United States) and check it out for free to see if itis in perfect condition (just check out whether it is readable on your system or not) just open it up and see if yourcomputer can read the files and if so then it will work with your system. Then email me back and let me know.  After I get your payment via an online-payment service such as PayPal which usually seems to work best for most peopleI will email you the code-number to install the programs .This is the best method to do this type of business online....for all parties involved.  I hope to hear from you soon.Thank You,cc,
 URL:   --------------------------------------------------
BROWSER:  VERSION:  
BROWSER USER AGENT:  
BROWSER CODE NAME:  
IP ADDRESS:  
UK IP ADDRESS:  
WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER VERSION:  
REAL PLAYER VERSION:  
MEDIA SELECTOR:  
SERVER LOCATION:  EDITION:  
FLASH PLAYER VERSION:

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
Re: Current Scam
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 05:44:02 PM »
*scam snipe*
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

callostemma

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 07:54:58 PM »
High hopes.  Don't understand a word it says  not computer literate
Guess I'm safe :saint:

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 09:46:55 PM »
The guy claims to have installation disks for the Windows 7 operating system (both 32 bit and 64 bit) that do NOT require a product key/activation code/etc.

He claims that they are handed out at conferences for IT professionals - but, honestly, could you image Microsoft even allowing ONE unrestricted disk getting out 'in the wild'?

Not on your Nelly.

Even if such a disk did exist, you can bet your boots Microsoft would be taking more than a casual interest.

It smells from every direction..... leave it alone.

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 10:19:35 AM »
report it to microsoft.  I'm sure they can trace his ISP
Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.