Author Topic: Net prices ‘fixed’, warns eBay  (Read 5169 times)

Philip.Cohen

• Knight of the RT
Net prices ‘fixed’, warns eBay
« on: December 07, 2009, 04:09:27 PM »
“Net prices ‘fixed’, warns eBay”
http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/the_web/article6945943.ece

“BRITAIN’S biggest online marketplace, eBay, has exposed big brands for fixing prices on its website at inflated levels for popular Christmas gifts, from flatscreen LCD televisions to £300 coffee makers.”

My below comment did not make it past the “Timesonline” censor so I post it here:

Fancy that, eBay has the gall to complain about unscrupulous behaviour by others! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

No matter how hard eBay’s Department of Spin works it is not going to be able to stop unscrupulous eBay’s continuing slide down the sewer …

And, as a matter of interest, it would be more accurate for eBay seller “stuffusell” (David Bracken comment) to say that it “lists a lot of stuff on eBay” rather than “sells a lot of stuff on eBay” because, of their completed listings for the last 14 days, they have sold about 680 items out of total listings of about 5600; that’s about 12% success rate. eBay’s selling fees aren’t so bad as long as stuff is selling but, at that rate, eBay must be about at the point of making more money from Insertion Fees than from FVFs, which must be rather disappointing from the seller’s point of view …
http://completed.shop.ebay.com.au/StuffUSell/m.html?LH_Complete=1&_trkparms=65%253A5%257C66%253A4%257C39%253A1&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&_sc=1&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_sop=3&_sc=1
“Today we’re dealing with phase two or phase three [he can’t even remember which one] of disruptive innovation. We’ve had the disruption, now we must disrupt our own disruption.”—John Donahoe (2007).

eBuster

Re: Net prices ‘fixed’, warns eBay
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 08:44:06 AM »
because, of their completed listings for the last 14 days, they have sold about 680 items out of total listings of about 5600; that’s about 12% success rate.

Sorry to pull you up but if you think 12% eBay sales return is bad then you don't want to see this report on eBays top sellers listings

http://www.ebuster.co.uk/BigSellerReport/BigSellerReport.aspx

Buy.com is the only green in a sea of red but if you look at the full report then you will see that on average smaller sellers manage to shift more items and yet eBay wants rid of them.

i'll see if i can post that link for you in eBays forum and get a second ban for pointing out the error of ebays ways  ;D

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 09:19:29 AM »
eBay and Free Speech don't mix.
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

Philip.Cohen

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 03:58:13 PM »
Hi Alan,

And, if you could deduct all the nominal-start and private listing auctions that are most probably infested with shill bids, what would the success rate then be?
“Today we’re dealing with phase two or phase three [he can’t even remember which one] of disruptive innovation. We’ve had the disruption, now we must disrupt our own disruption.”—John Donahoe (2007).

gr8-expectations

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 08:41:34 PM »
far out looking at those figures buy is hands down the leader phenominal business only non fiction books and very high ticket items with average of $48 odd $ us

gr8-expectations

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 08:41:54 PM »
phenomenal ?

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 09:48:52 PM »
Phenomenal, yes.  :professor:
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"