Author Topic: Selling feedback on eBay  (Read 7748 times)

eBuster

Selling feedback on eBay
« on: December 03, 2009, 03:10:42 AM »

The amount of feedback being sold on eBay is incredible and despite many complaints from Buyers and sellers alike, eBay continues to pretend it’s a small problem they can do nothing about it so I decided to names and shame about 1000 as shown in the link below and this includes the adverts, feedback and ‘Feedback left for others’ so we can see who the buyers are.

http://www.ebuster.co.uk/SellingFeedBack/AllSellingFeedback.aspx

Feeback on eBay is a bit of a joke as it is since fraudsters are quite welcome to open as many new accounts as they like once the members catch up with them and reporting multiple fraudulent accounts to eBay is as likely to get you removed as get any action taken against the fraudster but if the fraudster comes from China and is selling fake gold then eBay goes one better and deletes negative feedback or removes posts in the forum if anyone tried to warn other members as shown in the link below that got deleted by hittler youth.
http://www.ebuster.co.uk/eBayPages/ForumSellingFeedBack.htm

I tried to speak to the manager at eBay and took my camera along.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Selling feedback on eBay
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 08:56:57 AM »
Hi, eBuster. I agree that the whole purpose of feedback is made a mockery of by the process of being able to buy and sell feedback (thinly disguised).

If feedback is to be a legitimate indicator of being a good seller (of course it's largely pointless now for buyers, except that some eBay forums require a minimum of 10 purchases with commensurate feedback in order to post there*), then it needs to be regulated so that feedback itself cannot be bought or sold.

* There is another purpose for buyers buying feedback, of course. eBay display both the buying and selling feedback of a seller, and a 100% positive feedback seller's account based solely upon having bought positive feedback gives a misleading impression of "seller reliability" to someone who doesn't take the time to actually click onto the seller's feedback, to see to what the feedback actually pertains.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 09:17:35 AM »
Smee Enterprises sells negative feedback on eBay Ireland ... doing a roaring trade !

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 11:42:18 AM »

Hi ebuster...eBays complaints department. this is Gold !...PMSL.. very unusual site you have there... ...{ Are you the owner of this site ?}... http://www.ebuster.co.uk/

cueperkins

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 11:53:55 AM »
Yes Yib....I agree...Hi Ebuster.

Ebay Au are equally indifferent to fraud and scamming on the Aussie site...seems to be a Worldwide culture........We could use a similar reporting system on this site....but the naming of sellers/buyers part might be a bit precarious under our laws.... may I email you via our message system to discuss further ?

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 12:25:50 PM »
Bring on the
DIRT!
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

eBuster

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 03:05:28 AM »
Yibida - Batteries not included.

You might like this one too.

*Cupie*

Yes feel free to contact me.

i've wanted eBay in court ever since i got scammed for £4000 and ebay took 3 months to release information on eight accounts used by the scammer and then it was only to say that all accounts had been openned using fake details and after a year scanning eBay pages i have some interesting evidence i am more than willing to share with the courts, press and last but not least the police who are tuning a blind eye to fraud on eBay.

now and then you have got to kick back.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 07:42:28 PM »
I'm sorry to hear of the event that motivated you, eBuster, but I can only encourage your efforts.

now and then you have got to kick back.

That old saying about the sqeaky wheel is so true.

Philip.Cohen

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 07:44:21 AM »
And, it’s not as though eBay could possibly be unaware of this unscrupulous “trading in feedback” problem.

A one-minute introductory podcast on the below “heavier” study:
http://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode.cfm?id=597C6DC0-E7F2-99DF-3AD9AC6F383A289B

The full study:
http://are.berkeley.edu/~brown/BrownJen--Reputation%20in%20Online%20Markets.pdf

You have to understand that as far as eBay is concerned it’s all about appearances; they will take the most outrageously deceptive action (masking bidding aliases for instance) and, with a straight face, blatantly claim that it is for the benefit of consumers (and some naïve consumers will believe them) when in fact any action taken (or not taken) by eBay is for the sole benefit of eBay; absolutely everything eBay does is purposed towards either lowering eBay’s costs or increasing eBay’s revenue—nothing else matters and eBay will use every deception to that end, or has no one noticed?

In my opinion eBay is a most amoral, unethical, deceptive, disingenuous, unscrupulous, indeed criminal organisation that deserves the condemnation of the whole world. (Please excuse any tautologies.)
“Today we’re dealing with phase two or phase three [he can’t even remember which one] of disruptive innovation. We’ve had the disruption, now we must disrupt our own disruption.”—John Donahoe (2007).

eBuster

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 08:00:40 AM »
In my opinion eBay is a most amoral, unethical, deceptive, disingenuous, unscrupulous organisation that deserves the condemnation of the whole world.

Ebay has big back pockets as did  Enron when it came to the FSS and our even our FSA in the UK say they can not touch eBay.

Them days are coming to an end if i have anything to say about it and i have proof that our police won't touch eBay serial fraudster even when serious fraud and a danger to the public is involved and the Birmingham trading standards are in on the plot too.

remember eBay is not an auction and no-pal is not a bank so just what type of world are we living in where night does not follow day.

cueperkins

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 11:05:34 AM »
Hi Buster....In Oz...Ebay have already been defined by one consumer affairs tribunal hearing as a 'Service Provider'...it was determined in that case that no money has to change hands for that relationship to exist......(The old Venue argument didn't work)......Therefore, under any of our State's F/Trading guidelines, they would no doubt be similarly categorised, irrespective of their UA. (See Evagora V Ebay - Vic V-Cat database).

Further...Oz has agreed to implement Unfair Consumer Contract Laws in Every State, which gives consumers the right to dispute Ebay's/Paypals convoluted take no liability UA, that has more twists and turns than a black snake in a bush fire.

As for police, well, after a huge precedent study by Comslaw in Mellbourne in 2006 called 'Going Going Gone', assessed the level of consumer fraud on Ebay, it was concluded that Ebay profited by fraud and hence, the reason they do nothing to clean it up. 

Shortly after this study was released, an Online Auction Police Reporting initiative was started.  In it's first year, it was found that half of QLD's fraud originated from 23 recidivists who signed up under one ID after another to defraud thousands.  Such is Ebay's non existent member verification.....Make up dodgy details and bingo...access to a Nation Wide Platform of potential victims.

In 2008, Oz Ebay members witnessed five of the biggest frauds on record.....4000 defrauded in one scam alone by EBS, while Ebay did nothing.....over 700 negs later and an outstanding account of over $200,000.00 owed to Ebay, the seller account was STILL not shut down until we stirred the media up and forced Ebay into it.  Meanwhile the owners of that account had hit the frog and toad to China a month earlier? 

In the same year thousands of holiday makers were also defrauded with dodgy holiday deals in QLD.......not sure how that all panned out.  I think the perpetrator was charged, but of course not ebay, which is bizarre when you consider that their indifference to verification practices aided in facilitating his crime spree.....????? 

One thing that has come to light recently however, is that Paypal/Ebay are in breach of our Anti Money Laundering legislation, especially concerning their lax verification & hence security, and they have been told to straighten up and fly right or else....they'll be fined. So when it comes to verification practices, Ebay seems absolutely determined to ignore our laws, all forms of crime mitigation or consumer protection, arguing they are a venue and hence, have no duty of care....bullshit !!!!   Their day is coming.

I believe that Ebay should be made to operate in the same manner as every other business in this country.  Verification of sellers would be a good start.  Phone access for all consumers would be another.  At least then, if a seller defrauds, they are completely traceable by Police and can be prevented from signing up again.  At this stage, Ebay don't assist police in investigating anything, crying 'Privacy Laws' whenever it suits their purpose.  So, the cost and time involved in chasing up a petty consumer fraud is prohibitive for police.   Basically, it's about time the Consumer protection agencies and Policing agencies worked together and imposed regulations on Ebay in terms of its anonymous marketplace. Perhaps if they were implicated in these frauds for facilitation and failure in their duty of care, we might get somewhere in terms of making them and dodgy sellers accountable. 

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 03:40:49 PM »
(The old Venue argument didn't work)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  :zombiesuit: :zombiesuit: :zombiesuit:
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"