Author Topic: eBay automated Reminder Emails  (Read 5875 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
eBay automated Reminder Emails
« on: December 15, 2009, 12:33:20 PM »
I've read about eBay sending out automated emails to remind buyers to pay, but do the little autobots at eBay send out reminders to sellers who haven't shipped?

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: eBay automated Reminder Emails
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 12:36:41 PM »
I have never sen one wheels but I always mark mine as posted , same day as paid on very next day if paid in evening

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 12:53:39 PM »
The cynic in me says ...
 - No

because the conspiracy theorist in me is looking at eBay squeezing out 'old school' sellers ...
 - sellers won't be phased by it
 - buyers will be more annoyed by their reminders and take it out the only way they can - and the way that seems appropriate because of the way these messages are presented - which is on the seller's feedback and DSRs.

Even if they did start sending messages like that, it wouldn't negate those points.  If anything, it might add more weight against eBay's claim of just being a 'venue' - and sellers are more likely to retain them as evidence.  So that's a further vote for 'no'.

shyer

• Knight of the RT
  • from UBB & yib thank you
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 01:11:33 PM »
I have all auto emails I can turned off and I rarely mark items posted I email buyers when posted but if mark posted on ebay lots of post auction details now locked out from seller access. Thus rarely mark posted and never get auto reminder

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 02:31:56 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

So, is it too early to remind a seller to ship an item to me? Item was purchased and paid for on Thursday night and the only communication so far from the seller is the auto "Thank you for your payment" message.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 02:35:22 PM »
I've just checked the listing and it says: SHIPS NEXT BUSINESS DAY

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 03:56:38 PM »
... I was going to ask when do they ship ... and the other silly question ... the payment wasn't an Echeque was it...?

Realistically, it could be that the seller doesn't mark items as posted or will do it a little later.  Tello gave an example of this when he had received an item the day before the seller updated the posting details.  Since eBay are the masters of understatement, underthinking (and under the table) they presume the day the seller updates this info is the day the item was sent.

While not an illogical assumption, it does not reflect the way the real world operates and it would take a very disciplined seller to comply all the time.

If I were in your shoes Wheels, I'd probably ask the seller if it has been sent, since it does not show as having been sent in the listing details.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 04:41:53 PM »
Thanks Brumby, I've sent them a message but no reply as yet.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 05:27:58 PM »
When you will get a reply is another question.

Some sellers will get back to you in under an hour - some could take a day ... or more.  It will depend on the size of the seller's business, how well they are set up, the approach of the seller and other things. Check their communication DSRs for a feel of that one.

For a really slack seller, the question might become "IF you get a reply" - but that's not good business.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 08:33:29 PM »
Evening all.

I have just received a reply from our seller:

Congratulations on purch a xxxxxxxxxxxxx and not one of the many fakes being sold on Ebay.
Your Consignment No Is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Your item was posted using our fast and friendly delivery partners Australia Post e-parcel delivery system. We would like to take this opportunity in thanking you kindly In Advance for your purchase with us, all that we ask is when you receive your item, if you would be so kind as to please leave us some nice feedback we would very much appreciate it.The greatest compliment you could give us, is positivefeedback and a referral to others who may want our products.We want to be the best xxxxxxxxxxxxxx sellers on Ebay and your Feedback can help us do that. Should you need to make a claim regarding warranty simply email us and we will respond to you as soon as we can. We have a greatturnaround time in getting your item back to you asap in the event your item needs to be repaired or replaced. Please Allow 3-7 business days for delivery.

;D  Now I'll never know whether it took my email to prompt them to send the item or whether their usual turnaround takes this long.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 11:40:44 PM »

;D  Now I'll never know whether it took my email to prompt them to send the item or whether their usual turnaround takes this long.

Unless you buy a few more things from them, then, NOPE!