Author Topic: EBay gallery pics - glitch? Explain this someone, please.  (Read 4014 times)

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
EBay gallery pics - glitch? Explain this someone, please.
« on: November 03, 2009, 01:13:12 PM »
First, I am not a seller - but I do work closely with one and tend to be trouble-shooter on technical issues.

This one has me shaking my head....

On the 14th and 18th October, this seller added a number of BIN items, with listings they have created and used before.  These listings are kept in Turboblister.  (my spelling)

Of those listings, about a third of them ended up displaying the same pic for the gallery photo - which was the gallery pic of the first item uploaded on the 14th.

Clearing cookies and files, forced refresh and even a restart on my machine made no difference - the erroneous gallery pics remained on the same items.

When I told my seller friend, they were (understandably) quite horrified and after some steam had been issued, they fixed the problem by simply calling up each offending listing in Turboblister, 'saved'  - without making ANY changes - and then synchronised.

All is now well  (well, on that score anyway).

Any thoughts....? Anyone else had this problem....?

... or do I just cut my emotional losses, apply that wearied philosophical vision by calling it a GLITCH and move on.

<rant>

Seriously, though, in addition to the issues with the conscious decisions and declared directions eBay is taking us, their delivered IT facilities could only be categorised in one of two ways:
1. A very cleverly constructed series of applications that can be configured to perform a variety of eBay desired behaviours - such as disadvantaging sellers they want to get rid of.
 or
2. Utter negligence (and I wouldn't argue against putting the word 'criminal' in there.)

EBay have, it seems, absolutely no qualms in inflicting their screw-ups on their membership and hiding behind the windowless walls of their ivory tower.

There again, everybody who has worked in applications development knows that, however well developed your testing scripts, real life will deliver more weird and wonderful tests than you could have imagined... So I suppose just implementing changes into the live environment offers the most thorough testing opportunities.

... and if a seller loses 50% or 95% or 100% of their sales then it's a matter of "Hmmm, why did that happen?" (assuming it was even noticed!!).  Bad luck if you can't pay the food bill...

</rant>

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
Re: EBay gallery pics - glitch? Explain this someone, please.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 03:18:55 PM »

C):-{= <" dude, i can take a joke, but pleeeeze dont let that giant snowflake drop on me....snipe? "<<
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"