Author Topic: ELECTION AFTERMATH!!!  (Read 142337 times)

HellWest'nCrooked

• Knight of the RT
Re: ELECTION AFTERMATH!!!
« Reply #200 on: January 29, 2011, 02:28:12 PM »

Baaaaa      (snipe)
Ain't no rhyme or reason
No complicated meaning

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #201 on: January 30, 2011, 04:46:36 PM »
An almighty election cover-up

LABOR candidates for the upcoming NSW state election are hiding their allegiance to Premier Kristina Keneally's government, banishing the party's logo from campaign signs and bagging the ALP's record in a desperate attempt to win votes.

Doesn't matter how one looks at it....... even labor thinks labor is on the nose!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sunday-telegraph/labors-almighty-election-cover-up/story-e6frewt0-1225996712093

shyer

• Knight of the RT
  • from UBB & yib thank you
« Reply #202 on: January 30, 2011, 06:21:43 PM »
You gotta love Little Johnny!!

Julia foolya was visiting a Sydney primary school and the class was in
                                The middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings.

The teacher asked Ms Gillard if she would like to lead the discussion on
                                The word 'Tragedy'.

So our illustrious leader asked the class for an example of a 'Tragedy'.

A little boy stood up and offered: 'If my best friend, who lives on a farm,
                                Is playin' in the field  and a tractor runs
                                Over him and kills him, that would be a tragedy.'

'Incorrect,' said Gillard. 'That would be an accident.'

A little girl raised her hand: 'If a school bus carrying fifty children
                                Drove over a cliff, killing everybody inside,
                                That would be a tragedy.'

'I'm afraid not',explained Gillard, 'that's what we would refer to as a
                                Great loss'.

The room went silent. No other children volunteered. Gillard searched the
                                Room.

'Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?'

Finally, at the back of the room, little Johnny raised his hand and said:

'If a plane carrying you,  Rudderless ,Mr. Swaning around, bob brown Mr "commie" coombs and Mr. "house fire"Garrett was struck
                                By a 'friendly fire' missile & blown to smithereens, that would be a tragedy.'

'Fantastic' exclaimed Gillard, 'and can you tell me why that would be a
                                Tragedy?'

'Well', said Johnny, 'it has to be a tragedy, because it certainly wouldn't
                                even be a loss, most of Australia would celebrate, and it probably wouldn't be a f***ing accident either!'

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #203 on: January 30, 2011, 07:19:39 PM »
 :10: :lmao:

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #204 on: February 12, 2011, 07:28:02 PM »
before  the boogeyman goes to sleep at night he checks in the wardrobe and under the bed
to see if Joolya is hiding there 

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #205 on: February 14, 2011, 08:13:50 PM »
K--RIKEY!

Don't ya hate it! People in NSW are being absolutely CLOBBERED by Kristina Keneally on prime time TV. Adds in groups - about every three minutes. Seems she reckons she's a one woman band. and quoting such things as .... "It will Be The LAW". What was it...... "L.A.W. LAW!" Keating on tax cuts wasn't it? GEEEEEEEEZ!

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #206 on: February 14, 2011, 09:33:35 PM »
Poor r3830... It may be a good strategy to avoid watching television for a little while until it all blows over.

Do you have any good DVDs? Try them instead.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

moonlight

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #207 on: February 14, 2011, 09:49:16 PM »
maybe you could find a good Thomas Keneally book r3830 - lol
If people need to know the truth then seek the answers. If I am so unpopular it is because I say it as it is

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #208 on: February 14, 2011, 10:10:51 PM »
SHE'S BAAAACCCCK abloddygain! Although, at least the timing is better.... bang in the middle of the Underbelly series! Sort of fits..... if you know what I mean!

A Thomas Keneally book moonlight? Not on principle! He's related to HER.... can you imagine that.... and I think I've got problems! That poor barstard! I wonder if he asks "how was work today"? Or whether he just catches up on the evening news? The funny thing is - HE has to suffer these adds too! I think I feel better now.

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #209 on: February 14, 2011, 11:00:03 PM »
3 times in row they show that bl00dy ad.  If this is suppose to win voters, anyone that votes for them and believes this crap is IMO an idiot.

Some ppl here think ALP aussie govt is bad.  This one is 100 times worse.
Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #210 on: February 14, 2011, 11:05:08 PM »
Thankyou lacey! I'm pleased - It's not just me who's getting tired of hearing her.

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #211 on: February 16, 2011, 12:23:41 AM »

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #212 on: February 16, 2011, 12:25:02 AM »
did you hear that Joooolya got knocked back for a job at MacDonalds

they've already got a redheaded clown working for them

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #213 on: February 16, 2011, 11:37:45 AM »
Now I'm starting to feel sorry for Julia Gillard...

I think she was much better working as deputy leader than as Prime Minister.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #214 on: February 17, 2011, 09:46:29 AM »
NZ applauds Aussie and US decisions on trade

Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard drew a spontaneous round of applause from MPs during her address to Parliament yesterday when she confirmed Australia would accept the ruling of the World Trade Organisation and allow New Zealand apples back across the Tasman.

"In Australian sporting matches, sometimes people might give a little bit of advice to the umpire along the way," Ms Gillard said. "But the umpire has now spoken and we will abide by the decision."

Makes perfectly good and sound economic sense..... really! Why do we need an Apple Industry in this country when we can simply buy them off-shore? We can now knock the local trees down and sell this land to the Chinese. What a benevolent lot we are! The world must be laughing at the absolute bloody stupidity of our government..... and us for allowing these 'characters' to endure!

Keep working on it Julia..... you and your mob of dipsticks will have us totally dependent on other countries in no time at all! Oh - and action replays are available when the umpire is in doubt!!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/4666910/NZ-applauds-Aussie-and-US-decisions-on-trade

Poddy

« Reply #215 on: February 21, 2011, 01:51:26 AM »
JOOLYA!! was seated next to a little girl on an aeroplane leaving from Sydney ..  She turned to her and said,
'Let's talk. I've heard that flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passengers.'

The little girl, who had just opened her book, closed it slowly and said to JOOLYA!!, 'What would you like to talk about?'
'Oh, I don't know,' said JOOLYA!!. 'How about global warming or health care', and she smiles smugly.
'OK, ' the girl said. 'Those could be interesting topics.  But let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a kangaroo all eat the same stuff - grass.  Yet a kangaroo excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?'
The Prime Monster, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, 'Hmmm, I have no idea.'
The little girl replies, 'Do you really feel qualified to discuss global warming or health care when you don't know shite?'

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #216 on: February 21, 2011, 05:46:21 AM »
Hello Poddy.  Good to see you.
:duckling:

Poddy

« Reply #217 on: February 21, 2011, 06:57:55 PM »
Hi duckster :) :mankiss:

How goes it ?

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #218 on: February 21, 2011, 07:20:45 PM »
Ah, it is the Grand Podster.

How is everything with you, Poddy?

:romanrelax: (Now take a cushion and lie down; you've been far too absent of late.)

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #219 on: February 21, 2011, 07:58:39 PM »
send him to the comfy chair

Poddy

« Reply #220 on: February 21, 2011, 09:02:13 PM »
Duty called but although I was not visible I was here on a regular basis :) Lurking ;)

Poddy

« Reply #221 on: February 21, 2011, 10:01:05 PM »
Are my eyes deceivuing me? Or is that a TRALAA!! I caught a glimps of in this thread? Was it the real TRALAA!!?

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #222 on: February 21, 2011, 11:05:15 PM »
Behave Poddy.

Address the issues, not the person.

I, too have wondered about your absence, but am glad to see you back on deck.

Poddy

« Reply #223 on: February 21, 2011, 11:49:22 PM »
I is on my best behaviour. I am sure that TRALAA!! would know that we disagreed, but  not on a personal level :)
What say you TRALAA!! ?

Elantra

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #224 on: February 22, 2011, 12:54:55 PM »
I is on my best behaviour. I am sure that TRALAA!! would know that we disagreed, but  not on a personal level :)
What say you TRALAA!! ?
:saint: :saint: :saint: :saint:

Poddy

« Reply #225 on: February 22, 2011, 02:20:49 PM »
A picture says a thousand words TRALAA!!

I look forward to some interesting debate when JOOLYA!! is deposed from within :)

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #226 on: February 22, 2011, 02:23:13 PM »
Arh Poddy, you are back.

I had a zillion questions for you but I can't remember what they were now.

Poddy

« Reply #227 on: February 22, 2011, 02:34:28 PM »
Put on your thinking cap lacey :)

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #228 on: February 22, 2011, 02:49:28 PM »
I had one .... Bumped in the Fountain.

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #229 on: February 22, 2011, 06:44:10 PM »
That won't help much poddy.  I think my brain has gone on a holiday  ATM.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #230 on: February 22, 2011, 07:17:36 PM »
Ah, I can see it's almost Situation Group-Hug.

One of the things I find most commendable is the ability for us to disagree and yet enjoy each other.

:girlfight:  :-*  :angel:

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #231 on: February 22, 2011, 07:23:32 PM »
Countessa...

Poddy is one of the most easy going people I have ever met!

If he could survive living under my roof for about 3 weeks...I reckon that would just about have him earmarked for sainthood..lol

I like to sometimes just sit back and watch..lol

bnwt

• Knight of the RT

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #233 on: February 25, 2011, 09:17:19 PM »
I think not bnwt. As JooLIAR said..... "we all should have known". She quite plainly doesn't give a rats bum about the community....... and as that Greens imbecile said - there was a very specific clause in the agreement that stated we would have a carbon tax. The things one does to hold the reins.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #234 on: February 25, 2011, 09:52:23 PM »
The things one does to hold the reins.

Those holding the reins haven't done much - but I think the bridle is probably annoying Julia.... :D

Poddy

« Reply #235 on: February 26, 2011, 02:43:41 AM »

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #236 on: February 26, 2011, 04:56:49 PM »
lol I'm not sticking up for Julia but, do you guys honestly think little Johnny was any better?

I dislike all pollies.  They all squawk like birds, sit on their perches and do nothing creative.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #237 on: February 26, 2011, 06:42:19 PM »
I might have to challenge the "do nothing creative" comment.

Its when politicians DO get creative that we all need to start worrying.

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #238 on: February 26, 2011, 06:53:56 PM »
you may well be right there Brum6y but, in my book, almost all pollies are tarred with the same brush.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #239 on: February 26, 2011, 06:58:52 PM »
I would like politicians to be positively creative, rather than creative in the same way that a demented psychopath might become creative with a drill and a bottle of vinegar.

I would like politicians to avoid being a roi fainéant, being led by the nose, the ears, the stomach or the little toe by another who rules like a scorpion in the shadows.

I would like politicians to do what is honest and right rather than what is expedient and would continue to gain them support from businesses or corporations or those who have powerful influence.

I would like businesses to BUTT OUT of politics. I would like this butting out to be in practice as well as in name, in all subtleties as well as in blatant under-the-table handshakes.

I would like the people who work, who pay taxes, who vote, who may often be struggling financially but haven't turned to a life of crime or professional couch-potatory, to be the most important people to the politicians who are there, after all, to SERVE THEIR INTERESTS.

I might as well ask for all disease to be cured and all evil in the world to cease. That's as likely. I'm sorry to feel that a cynic is a realist when it comes to politics.

Poddy

« Reply #240 on: February 26, 2011, 07:15:43 PM »
I would like to see politicians accountable for their actions and subject to the same laws that apply to companies and business.

I would also like to see them personally liable to pay restitution if they have been found to have squandered taxpayers' taxes, if they cant pay restitution a jail term would apply. that should stop them from stealing taxes for crap schemes.

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #241 on: February 26, 2011, 10:16:11 PM »

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #242 on: February 27, 2011, 07:55:36 AM »

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2011, 10:10:21 AM »
Do you mean that bloke who used to do movie reviews bnwt? I thought his name was Collins..... not Combet?

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #244 on: February 27, 2011, 12:24:05 PM »
Is this who you're thinking of?

Greg CombetBill Collins

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #245 on: February 28, 2011, 07:56:09 PM »
A man on his way home to Port Macquarie from work, comes to a dead halt in traffic and thinks to himself, "This traffic seems worse than usual. Nothing's even moving."
He notices a police officer walking back and forth between the lines of cars, so he rolls down his window and asks, "Constable, what's the hold up?"
The constable replies, "It's Robert Oakeshott. He's just so depressed about his personal life - the realisation has hit him that he has sold his soul to Joooolya and the Greens.  
He has tried growing a beard but everyone still recognises him and yells obscenities at him and his family in the streets  , he's stopped his car in the middle of the main road  and he's threatening to douse himself in petrol and set himself on fire. He says his family and all the people in his electorate now hate him and he knows that a re-election is just around the corner and he will not get voted in again and he doesnt have any skills to do any other work that pays enough for him to support his young family in the manner to which they are accustomed and they will face financial ruin and lose their house.
 We're taking up a collection for him."  said the copper
"Oh really? How much have you got so far?" replied the Man
"About three hundred litres, but a lot of people are still siphoning."

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #246 on: March 02, 2011, 07:32:40 AM »

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #247 on: March 02, 2011, 10:10:35 AM »

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #248 on: March 02, 2011, 11:16:21 AM »
Greens' gay marriage victory

JULIA Gillard has opened the door to the nation's first legal same-sex marriage laws, removing obstacles to the social agenda of the Australian Greens despite her personal opposition to gay unions.

And the Greens, whose support the Prime Minister relies on to maintain her minority government, are also pressing Labor to facilitate a conscience vote aimed at reversing a 1997 bill that outlawed Northern Territory euthanasia laws.

FOR THE LOVE OF BOB! The things we do!

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/greens-gay-marriage-victory/story-fn59niix-1226014411240

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #249 on: March 02, 2011, 01:36:34 PM »
This is ridiculous.

Julia Gillard - please, for the sake of what dignity remains to you, end this now.