The Oz Round Table boards > The Round Table

Do You Get the Feeling Ebay Respects You ... or Not ?

(1/7) > >>

frangi:
I'm musing about why I feel so disenchanted with ebay.  Maybe you've done the same ?

They send me emails all the time, encouraging me to buy and to look at my Favourite Sellers and so on.  But for months now, I've just been deleting them.  I don't even bother compiling much of a Watch List any more and these days I don't sit up late into the night waiting for an auction to end.  I don't have much of an ebay life, it's true.

It began with enforced Paypal.  If something's as great as ebay claim Paypal is -- why would they need to force people to use it ?  No-one's ever had to force me to eat chocolate or watch a good movie ...

Then the Hidden Bidding -- it didn't seem a good idea to me.  It seemed as ebay was intent on hiding something.

Along came the one-sided Feedback rules.  Smacks of injustice, everyone can see that.  As a buyer, I decided I'd give great feedback even to useless sellers, just to even the scales a bit, lol.

After a while, even though I protested against all the above in the hope ebay would take its customers into consideration, it dawned on me that ebay didn't give a damn about how its customers felt.  Ebay didn't care if people liked things or not.  Ebay slapped it all in everyone's face and said, ' You don't matter.  Like it or lump it '.

Well, when someone insults you to your face, they leave you no option.  Only response was to let ebay know, in a very small way, that I didn't like it and thus wasn't going to ebay any more.

I feel insulted by ebay.  I feel ebay's shown me no consideration or respect.  It's not the first time, either.  Ebay never helped me when I'd been ripped off, even though I'd taken ebay's promises of 'safe trading environment' seriously at the beginning. 

Personally, I believe ebay deserves to nose-dive into obscurity until it learns to put its customers, its patrons, first.

How do you feel about ebay .. do you feel valued and respected ?  Do you feel ebay has your best interests at heart ?

Primaryaim:
Imp
I think Oztion does works for some but a lot of patience is required and it is definitely not for anyone needing to make a living or some weekly pocket money.

It is different and the buyers buy differently. Once a seller works it out, they do start to make progress but it is slow.

meatloaf20040:
Does Ebay lnow the meaning of RESPECT

Primaryaim:
Hi Gina, Welcome.

I don't think that word is in their vocabulary.

eBay's forum intermediary, Shane, tells us lies and shows favouritism to some. Where is the respect in that?

Primaryaim:
Me too Imp. I have had more success there than I ever expected and if I can get off here I can list some more :)

However, eBay was my first love and you know you never really forget your first love. At the moment they are being the B you dumped because you found aspects of their personality you did not like. If we could just send them to counselling we might get back the eBay we loved :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version