The Oz Round Table boards > The Round Table

Was Ebay Better Then or Now ? Your feelings about All the Changes

(1/9) > >>

frangi:
Some change is good -- like when a bad hair-cut grows out, for instance, or when sunburn stops hurting.

Other change feels bad and stays bad -- like Hidden Bidders, Enforced Paypal and the awful, skewed Feedback system.

But, maybe I'm wrong.  Gee, I can appreciate that I might be.  But always willing to learn and adapt.

So what do you think .. have the 'changes' improved or worsened your ebay experience and if so .. how ?

Primaryaim:
Sadly I don't think the changes have made it better. There are so many unhappy people coming to the forums upset and angry over problems caused by the new feedback system, DSRs, Paypal refunds, etc. etc.  I am hoping eBay take it on board and take a few steps back.

*CountessA*:
I would love to see eBay return to the standard it had only a few years ago. eBaying was fun then! I remember a friend giving me some advice about how to bid, how to search, assuring me it was safe, etc., etc.

I haven't heard from that friend for a while.

And yes, the changes have been detrimental to my enjoyment of eBay. Some of the changes are so incredibly foolish that I can't understand the mindset that produced them. It seems as though the Community Values are part of a plan that's now completely derailed. I feel as though eBay is running the risk of being - basically bad.

eBay, if you're listening, please take on board what the customers are saying. We do not like what you're become - we'd love to see you move back to what you were, when you were a thriving and successful business as well as fun and with a fantastic range of items made available by the very sellers you're now hurting.

regulus*:
I still don't like the hidden bidders.

saint_phoebe:
Hi Frangi, no, you're right. It was much better when I started on eBay.
You could happily cruise through & sell your bits & pieces & as long as you were an honest seller with decent customer service skills, you did ok.
And the good old days of frantic bidding wars at the last minute...bidding against rival collectors who you could see...checking out what else they were bidding on in case there was something else you just had to have!
No, the fun has largely gone for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version