Author Topic: Got a great buy on Oztion  (Read 10987 times)

Bazinga

• Knight of the RT
Got a great buy on Oztion
« on: June 05, 2009, 08:51:35 AM »
Got a trailer ball and fitting for $1 on oztion

http://www.oztion.com.au/buy/auction.aspx?itemid=6740541

Its perfect for a project I have and with a short length of tube is just what is needed to make boat launching easier.

debra9275

Re: Got a great buy on Oztion
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 08:56:12 AM »
A dollar is pretty good going hawk. Nothing  better than finding exactly what you want and at a bargain price too.

It does seem to be a buyers' market ATM. I haven't had a look over there for a couple of weeks & I think I might have a bit of a browse today to see what I can find.

Bazinga

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 10:10:40 AM »
Hi Lilly, I do have a look these days but they dont seem to have the same number of sellers.

Its always worth a look for the odd item that pops up at a very good price.

and it helps fill in a little time now that the ebay boards have been ruined.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 04:46:31 PM »
Have their listings of books improved? I think I'll take a look...
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

cueperkins

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 05:03:06 PM »
I had a look the other day...one seller who I marked a year ago, is still trying to sell the same item 12 months later.....same price....so does it take a while for them to catch on?

The prices are inflated on things I tend to search for.... and I have to laugh sometimes when I read the description....rare antique vintage this or or that...rare?  Prove it I say, Vintage?  to what era?....I wish sellers of so called antique/vintage items would at least invest some time trying to find out what they are selling before making broad sweeping assumptions on its rarity or age to justify an over inflated listing price. 

I'm not impressed and I joined in 2005 when they first opened.

Bellagina

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 11:53:41 PM »
I have some things listed there- stuff that didn't sell on ebay or things I have multiples of, but they do sell VERY slowly. Just when I think I'll give up, someone will buy something, and so I hang in there.
I am now trying to list a little cheaper than ebay, as I don't have the listing fees to cover......

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 02:29:29 AM »
I work with a seller who started out on eBay and has some stuff on Oztion.  They approach their pricing based on goods cost + margin they then add the listing and sales costs for each site. As a result their starting or BIN prices on Oztion are less than eBay.

What they have found is that once buyers have been informed of Oztion, many will buy from both sites - with a preference for Oztion if the same item is listed in both places.

This is for their own, repeat customers who know the seller - it doesn't translate into high confidence in the site for competitive bidding.  At least not in any easily visible way - but I suppose you could track other purchases by those buyers to get some sort of feel.