Author Topic: NPB's - when do YOU give up?  (Read 29332 times)

ernest_price

NPB's - when do YOU give up?
« on: October 21, 2009, 11:01:26 PM »
Must be that season again when the non-payers come out of hibernation.

Getting quite a few of late and, frustratingly, all similar ethnicity, which is sad on the surface of it [is it a language issue eBay needs to resolve?], but may just be a cultural thing. All '0' feedback and all make a few purchases at once but don't make contact or pay. Easy to track them to another seller and see if that seller is having any luck. Invariably not.

At what point do you give up?

Here? Usually if no payment and then no response to my 5 day payment reminder.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: NPB's - when do YOU give up?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 11:11:20 PM »
never give up , if it goes over the week hound them with emails etc until they at least respond with a bs story , the more sellers who bombard these dolphin waxers with reminder invoices and emails requesting payment the less likeky they are to do it again . Email them . physically post them invoices ring them do whatever a normal business would do , you will be surprised at the success rate I have had from "touching base" with bad debtors ... sure I have been told stories but I have been paid for every single transaction on Ebay expcept 1 and that was when Paypal stuffed up the transaction as per my thread from a few months ago ....  

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 11:30:20 PM »
If a buyer doesn't respond at all within 7 days (with friendly reminders sent), I think you could mark that buyer as a problem - and proceed swiftly with a strike.

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 11:34:03 PM »
the thing is you cant move swiftly with a strike for starters you have to wait 7 days b4 you can even start the process and then you have to wait another 8 days to issue a strike so all up 15 days

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 11:37:46 PM »
All right - a hitman is probably a faster alternative.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 11:42:37 PM »
All right - a hitman is probably a faster alternative.
You mean HitYib don't you countess?...

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 11:42:38 PM »
this is what makes me laugh when some sellers (usually ill informed power sellers who think they are above the rules) state all sorts of threats to buyers whom dont pay within 3 days ... truth be known they cant do J.S. about it other than send reminder invoices or call them.

ernest_price

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 07:55:10 PM »
I think I got a 4 bunger the other day [ that probably dates me a little but hey :) ].

Terms included:

MUST [as in caps] pay within 3 days [ what about working days even? ]

Will be reported as NPB after 5 days [ ouch! ]

Once Australia Post has it it's your responsibility [ ouch ouch ouch ]

No returns for any reason [ oh what - not ANY reason like it's not as described? ]

... and this from someone with over 3,500 feedback at 98.2% .

tinker

• New Knight
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 09:07:06 PM »
Hello.

I have had more NPBs in the last few months, it's a pain but only for a small time.

Not something I lose too much time on.

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 11:50:34 PM »
If the non paying buyers are given enough strikes does that stop them bidding? Are they permitted to bid using a newly created ID? Or are they booted out permanently? 
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2009, 11:51:53 PM »
its supposed to be 2 strikes only Centuries but they can appeal them

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2009, 11:59:26 PM »
Centuries, I would think they shouldn't be officially able/supposed to bid using another ID.  I am basing that on the rule that if they are NARP they shouldn't come back to ebay via another id.

However, I would think that many bidders with strikes as well as many NARP ebay users do create another ID and keep going.  If identified, I think ebay would possibly deal with them if they were reported, but it would have to actually be a proven identification.

:duckling:

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2009, 12:08:30 AM »
Thanks smee and fluffy.

“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2009, 12:11:56 AM »
You're welcome Centuries.

How about a hug?

:love:

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2009, 12:32:03 AM »
Big hug ;D

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2009, 12:34:49 AM »
hey you Gals .... what about me it isnt fair !

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2009, 12:36:18 AM »
 ;D

OK.

:grouphug:

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2009, 02:11:13 AM »
big hug for smee

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2009, 02:14:28 AM »
thank you Fluffy.........  and Centuries a big special one mmmmmmmmmmm

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2009, 04:32:58 AM »
 :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic:

:bigcalibre:    :rifle:
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

cueperkins

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2009, 07:43:05 AM »
never give up , if it goes over the week hound them with emails etc until they at least respond with a bs story , the more sellers who bombard these dolphin waxers with reminder invoices and emails requesting payment the less likeky they are to do it again . Email them . physically post them invoices ring them do whatever a normal business would do , you will be surprised at the success rate I have had from "touching base" with bad debtors ...

Sorry Smee...can't agree with this at all.  Under the Law, it has been demonstrated that Ebay's contract of sale is binding on the part of the seller....i.e. a seller listed a small plane, and then refused to sell it.  The buyer took him to court over it and the seller was ordered to complete the sale.  Must have been a great deal...lol........

This same scenario however, would never in my view, be upheld by a court against a buyer reneging on a purchase..in fact I think you'd find that NOBODY can force a buyer to complete a sale if they believe the 'contract of sale' has been breached in any way, and that's a very grey area.  Item not as described, or breach of contract in other ways (e.g. seller's conduct) will void the terms or contract of sale immediately.   You have to remember, We have CONSUMER protection laws against bad traders, not TRADER protection laws against bad consumers.  lol.  So, who has the of law on their side?

And.....NPB's are not 'Debtors'.  You have provided absolutely no product, and no service, so the buyer couldn't be considered a 'debtor'.  Maybe a reneger but not a debtor. 

Maybe Ernest, if this is a pattern, then block new buyers up to a certain feedback level.  Ebay can't make them pay, and neither can you, so it's best to have a contingency plan to avoid those 'types' of buyers.

Frankly I blame Ebay's greed for this scenario......The only process Ebay provides sellers with to pursue NPB's and achieve a refund of their FVF, is a strike system, which automatically inflames the buyer to leave a neg against the seller.  Conveniently, sellers can't leave a neg feedback for that buyer in return, so it's all just bullshit.   It's basically a system that acts as a disincentive for sellers to pursue NPB's, because for the sake of getting your FVF back, you take the risk of getting an undeserved neg.  Ebay know that....they don't want to make it easy for you to get back your FVF.

Basically, If ebay implemented a system that enforced suspension and even NARU for serial NPB's, then the onus would be taken off the seller, to cop it sweet in every direction or lose money.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2009, 07:47:23 AM »
Conveniently, sellers can't leave a neg feedback for that buyer in return, so it's all just bullshit.

That part, I understand!!!!!

:chair:

cueperkins

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2009, 08:14:41 AM »
 :rofl: :brick:

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2009, 08:34:13 AM »

:congrats:

Bazza

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2009, 08:43:38 AM »
The only process Ebay provides sellers with to pursue NPB's and achieve a refund of their FVF, is a strike system

What about mutual cancellation? It's a far easier and more productive way of getting your FVF back and no waiting. There will always be NPB's. Buyers do change their mind and do make mistakes so why waste time on them. Just move them on.

cueperkins

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2009, 08:55:33 AM »
I agree Bazza, though you'll note that Ebay puts a comment that it is not advisable or words to that effect don't they? 

I agree....no need to get your knickers in a knot.....if you get your FVF fees back....but...what about the listing fee?  Do they refund that too? or do they stitch the seller?.....at the very least, the second listing fee waiver should apply shouldn't it?  i.e. they should get their 2nd round of listing fees back if it sells the second time around?

Really, that's the only thing that irritates sellers, having to pay for it...otherwise, it wouldn't be a problem would it? 

Ernest, why not contact them asking if they wish to proceed...no pressure,  and if they don't reply, cut your losses and explain how a mutual cancellation is done...ebay don't make the link obvious...lol...funny that.

Bazza

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2009, 09:06:30 AM »
I don't think they actively discourage it Cupie but you do go through the resolution centre, same as you would to report a NPB.

The listing fee works as if the item didn't sell so you do get the credit if the item sells second time round.

cueperkins

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2009, 09:34:04 AM »
Well, Perhaps if sellers and buyers adopted that process, a lot of angst and unnecessary negs might be avoided. 

Is there a link to the process itself?  i.e. mutual cancellation?  Wouldn't be a bad idea to have a thread on that subject here...how to avoid disputes via mutual cancellation.

I'm not saying it should be promoted, but in 8 years membership with Ebay, I've only ever used it twice because buyers are either unfamiliar with it, or sellers don't want to reach a resolution by using it.  I guess once you realise that as a seller you can't force a buyer to purchase, then the only thing left to do is recoup your losses...?

Then an NPB, will only cost you a listing fee that might be recouped on the second round.

Bazza

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2009, 09:50:57 AM »

cueperkins

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2009, 10:32:49 AM »
Thanks Bazza..

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2009, 10:44:16 AM »
Good morning Cupie , I agree with what you are saying , however I dont believe it is possible for a buyer to make a mistake ... there are far too many key strokes required to make a bid or a buy it now for it to have been done by a cat standing on keyboard etc , plus they get all sorts of emails etc and it shows on their my ebay page etc , so I reckon they know they have bid or bought ... So I send them invoices etc and as I said I have never had a buyer who hasnt paid within the 'ebay required time' So really its horses for courses  I guess ... but having said that if a buyer responded to the first invoice or any invoice or message for that matter and simply said they no longer wanted to go through with purchase I would happily mutually cancel , its the rude f#####s that get up sellers skirts , the ones who win and dont respond at all as far as I can make out  and you obviously cant do a mutual cancellation if they dont respond you have to wait till the 15th day minimum after sale before you can get fvf back and relist if they dont respond. 

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2009, 10:45:09 AM »
I have a problem with "mutual cancellation" when it gives bad buyers a let-out.

One of the measures in place with eBay to deal with non-paying bidders (and by this I mean buyers who just happily tot up a page full of purchases, or the occasional purchase every week, but have NO INTENTION of paying for it, thus wasting the seller's time, putting off legitimate bidders, and tying up the seller's money as well (even though it might be retrievable, it's temporarily unavailable). The seller is also losing the potential money in the short-term; anticipating the total being paid once the item is sold, it may be the hobby seller pays a bill which could have waited another week, counting on the payment to be able to pay for his petrol. You can see the potential problems here. And it's no good saying the seller is stupid for anticipating the money; we all function "in anticipation". People earning salaries function on the anticipation of next week's salary. Merchants anticipate that the merchant account they've set up with credit card providers will transfer the money paid by customers via those credit cards to the merchant business account. People performing on contract anticipate their payment. People paying their medical bills anticipate the Medicare refund. Especially for those on a tight income, there may be little alternative but to anticipate that a buyer will perform his end of the contract and actually PAY for the item they've agreed to buy.

Should the whole flow of fiscal anticipation grind to a halt in the case of sellers anticipating buyers to pay on eBay? No. No. NO. I very, very strongly object to this.

If every seller on eBay has to think that a sale is not a sale, that's quite a period of hiatus.

It's incredibly time-wasting to have to go after those bad buyers.

Bad buyers give many buyers a bad name.

A genuine case of the buyer having to ask the seller to allow a little extra time may end up starting from the vantage point of the seller already being mistrustful, having been "burned" many times before.

A genuine case of a payment going to a wrong bank account (one digit wrong) could be seen as a feeble excuse instead of legitimate, if sellers have to deal with bad buyers all the time who are very adept at either stalling or simply ignoring all attempts to get them to pay. Upset sellers make split-second decisions out of concern, bad experience and annoyance. This annoys legitimate buyers... and so on. Everyone becomes annoyed and touchy.

It's rude; it's unfair; it's indefensible behaviour. I have NO problem at all with a bad buyer who does this sort of thing being given an NPB strike. I think such buyers are not suited to eBay because it's unfortunately not set up in eBay to require that someone complete their purchase in a timely fashion. They think of the "you've won" notification as being a sort of "can you put that on hold for me?" request, with no obligation on their part to follow through. It's bad behaviour, and I don't blame sellers for being testy and trying to ensure timely payment. I do think some sellers don't know how to achieve this properly, and only succeed in annoying potential buyers with their unenforceable demand that a buyer pay within 3 days.

"MUTUAL CANCELLATION" is designed to be used when a buyer has a genuine reason (or the seller has a genuine reason) for not proceeding with the sale. I should say "a genuine EXTRAORDINARY" reason. It shouldn't be used when a buyer's just found a cheaper or better item elsewhere, or decides he's changed his mind, or has just spent so much on another win that he doesn't want to spend any more. Those aren't extraordinary reasons. Buyers can't be forced to follow through with purchasing, true - but why should they get away with wasting everyone's time and putting the seller into a disadvantageous position completely?

These reasons are why I believe the NPB strike is the only way to handle a non-paying bidder who doesn't have a genuine extraordinary reason for not going ahead.

Acceptable reasons would be along these lines: sudden loss of income; robbery; having died; being kidnapped without access to a computer; the seller's item is subsequently discovered to be fraudulent or in bad condition or the seller's feedback suddenly drops; the buyer has legitimate reason to suspect the seller of not offering the goods or service as described in timely fashion; the goldfish REALLY DID leap out of the fishbowl and flop about on the computer keyboard to enter the winning bid.

If the buyer's lost income or security or been robbed or had a flopping goldfish, it's up to the buyer to communicate with the seller. It's not fair to leave the seller hanging.

If the buyer's lost confidence in the seller, he should communicate with an offer of mutual cancellation on the grounds of the transaction not bearing scrutiny, to avoid potential SNAD disputes - OR report the seller to eBay if it's serious and a case of fraud.

If the buyer's been kidnapped, he should not be bidding on other items during this period. (Ditto if the buyer's been ill and put in hospital; sympathy for an ill person is natural and right, but sympathy fades like dew in the dawn if the hospitalised person has been racking up 20 other purchases in their bidding activity, since clearly the "hospitalisation" doesn't stop the person from accessing the computer and making electronic payments and even - lord help us - communicating with his sellers.)

If the buyer's died, his account will need of course to be reported to eBay if it shows signs of moribund activity. FRAUD! Someone's hacked into the deceased's account! Alert! Alert! (Genuine cases of death are different to fake assertions of death simply to get out of paying for a won item.)

Thus - legitimate and good reason for not paying should result in mutual cancellation.

Unsatisfactory non-payment without a reasonable excuse and without response should result in NPB strike.

NPB strikes given to someone who's a serial non-payer should not be lifted.

Wasting people's money and time is not fair behaviour.

Bazza

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2009, 10:56:41 AM »
In an ideal world countess, yes I would agree. The distance between online buyers and sellers creates a whole different playing field and needs to be treated as such. Online selling has it's conveniences and it's pitfalls and sellers need to take the bad with the good.

I like smees way of dealing with NPB's but I can't afford that time.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2009, 11:14:39 AM »
Bazza, how long do you generally give NPBs?

There are some sellers who attract NPBs to a horrific extent, and what works for one seller probably isn't the best procedure for another.

Of course I'm speaking from a "moral outrage" point of view, which necessarily isn't based on best practice! *sheepishly admits it but crosses arms and stays on soapbox lest someone take it to stuff cakes of soap inside it*

cueperkins

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2009, 11:19:45 AM »
Hey smee...I know what you're saying...it's annoying as hell to go to all that trouble only to have an NPB....but it's also expensive. I'm just saying when it's clear they're not going to pay, it might be best to agree to cancel the sale. 

There's no doubt people bid on purpose...I don't think the old cat pressed the button excuse really washes does it?...lmao. Just saying, why get to the point where you end up with a neg because a buyer is a pratt. 

And I agree with you....when a buyer doesn't respond....issuing a strike is sometimes the only option for a seller to get their FVF's back, but it shouldn't be that way Smee....you know yourself that you risk a neg for no reason because the system itself is flawed.  Buyers are notoriously unreliable.....

cueperkins

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2009, 11:32:34 AM »
Countessa I just want to reiterate that it's next to impossible to enforce Ebay's contract of sale on the buyer....I agree with Bazza....as a seller of many years, you have to cut your losses and get on with it after making at least a first attempt.  I've had buyers who have been put in hospital and couldn't pay....those who were called away with work, and paid when they returned home and various other life issues that get in the way when we've made other plans.   As Smee and Ernest have demonstrated previously..if you contact the buyer courteously....it may work itself out without fuss...but if you come on strong.....the buyer is likely to tell you to take a hike.  I would.

Look...Let's just say you go to a retail site like Chaos music...and you go shopping there putting a whole lot of things in your shopping basket, and at the end, you decide not to go ahead with the purchase......Should Chaos be allowed to make you purchase?  Would they last long if they did?

And then extending that to Ebay...I've bought items where a seller has said they'd combine for weight price and then after the auctions end, slugged with double the postage?  Like, that's what I call breach of contract.  In that instance, I will very much tell a seller to go take a flying leap.  If they issue a strike..so what....I'm not going to be extorted into paying double the postage over a threat....and it's not entirely legal under Consumer Protection laws to threaten or extort a consumer into a purchase...just saying.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2009, 11:33:05 AM »
Buyers are notoriously unreliable.....

SLAM!!!!!

Sure glad I'm NOT one of those anymore!

tinker

• New Knight
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2009, 07:02:21 PM »
you know yourself that you risk a neg for no reason because the system itself is flawed.  Buyers are notoriously unreliable.....

The buyer can't leave FB at all once a NPB strike is given, which is a good thing IMO.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2009, 07:21:37 PM »
Tinker, true - but it's not difficult for a buyer who knows the system to have an NPB strike lifted. (Someone I know did this to an astonishing degree. I can't give details except to say he used excuses such as "worried about dealing with seller", "just lost my job and can't pay", "tried communicating with seller who was rude", etc., etc. (or in words to that effect - not exactly the same words he used).)

Ah, sellers, think about this: if you are kind and simply give a bad buyer the opportunity for "mutual cancellation", the buyer can give you negative feedback - and it won't be removed by eBay.

He can also refuse to agree to the mutual cancellation request. If he does so, you will lose your FVF. (At least, I've heard that this is so. Can someone confirm, or correct me if I am wrong here?)

I think the whole buying and selling process on eBay has to be considered as markedly different to other purchasing, such as purchasing from a b&m shop. I know what you're saying, Cupie - and of course I agree that the sale isn't final until the goods are received and payment made. But in a b&m shop, the shop owner loses absolutely nothing if a buyer puts goods into a shopping trolley or basket, then ends up not buying them. (It might get the seller's hopes up, of course!) But an eBay seller does lose something.

1. He loses the advertising opportunity for which he's paid. The listing ends; other potential buyers outbid move on; he can't relist immediately - he has to wait until he knows that the buyer isn't going to buy, and that might take 2 weeks.
2. He loses the other interested buyers. As far as they are concerned, the item is sold.
3. He loses time (as said, it could be 2 weeks or more).

Some sellers who sell small items or are a large business are probably not affected by that to any major extent. But hobby sellers may well be affected. They're also the sort of sellers to be least able to defend themselves in a gone-wrong transaction.

Getting back to the shop analogy... I've just thought of this: the situation is more analogous, I think, to someone placing an order for a completely obscure book or something like that; something which the shop must order in specially. If the person ordering is not asked for a deposit when making the order, and tells the shop when informed the book's arrived that "Oh, I don't want it anymore", that's not fair behaviour. I've even heard of people who did have to give a deposit when ordering, and who asked for their DEPOSIT BACK when they changed their minds!

On the subject of people paying later - yes, I've heard some very lovely anecdotes about patient sellers who did finally hear from their buyers, and found that the delay was due to some sort of disaster. Remember when the bushfires and floods created so much worry, grief and upset? So many sellers, fearing that their buyers were in affected areas, tried to give the highest degree of understanding and helpfulness; ditto for buyers who showed the utmost patience and concern rather than annoyance if they felt their sellers were in some of those dangerous areas.

We all pulled together, all of Australia.

Poddy

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2009, 07:23:43 PM »
Tinker, have you overlooked the fact the a buyer can leave feedback as soon as the auction or BIN ends?

No waiting! No delay! Get your red hot neg here

cueperkins

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2009, 07:29:53 PM »
Here's a beauty for the shoe being on the other foot....I bid on an item  the other night and the auction ended, but the item went kapoof...So I emailed the seller to ask what happened to my bid....this was her reply.

Hi there,
I wasnt willing to sell the doll for this amount,so I will be
relisting it with a higher reserve.
thanks for your interest.

As a consumer....so much for the so called Ebay contract of sale?  Now how do you report a non performing seller these days? 

Bazza

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2009, 07:34:19 PM »
Bazza, how long do you generally give NPBs?

5 days countess. They get a friendly reminder after two days if no contact made. then the offer to cancel on the 5th day. If no response after 7 days, the FVF is refunded. If they agree, no problem and I move on.

tinker

• New Knight
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2009, 07:35:16 PM »
Countessa & Poddy, yes that's very true. It's one of those things that is in the back of many seller's minds after each sale, "is this one going to be the one"

I didn't know it was so easy to have them lifted.

I'm not sure how many strikes it takes to get banned, does anyone know?

tinker

• New Knight
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2009, 07:39:13 PM »
I like smees way of dealing with NPB's but I can't afford that time.

Sorry Bazza  but not issuing a strike is just laziness IMO, that allows them to get away with breaking the rules. I feel we have an obligation to prevent them from going and doing it to another seller and the only way to do this is by issuing a NPB strike. IMO

Bazza

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2009, 08:02:06 PM »
You are entitled to your opinion Tinker. If I don't receive a payment for an item, I know I need to sell it to someone else. That's what matters to me. Not giving strikes to buyers who may wish to buy from me in the future. Strikes are overated.

Laziness??? Some opinions are best kept to yourself. *shrugs*

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2009, 08:07:36 PM »
Every seller will find a strategy that works best for him/herself.

I am sure that there's a great deal of thought given to the issue when a seller has to cope with it regularly, and it's partly due to the type of items being sold.

The number of strikes to get someone banned is unknown, if I recall correctly. It does take two strikes (in general or for all sellers? Not sure which) before sellers are able to block such buyers by setting their buyer preferences in my eBay.

Poddy

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2009, 08:13:18 PM »
As with all infractions and transgressions of rules and laws, if the perpetrator is allowed to go unwarned then that is a green light for them to push even further. It also signals that the infraction is an acceptable activity.

A lot of people just cant be bothered to see justice done because they consider that it takes too much effort, I blame that type of person for a big portion of the mess our society is in now in this ME, ME, ME, money driven society.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2009, 08:18:44 PM »
I think that once a person gets 3 x npb's there should be a public stoning of them all proceeds from the selling of bags of stones  to go to the sellers who have been 'bundahed'   

or worse still maybe they should get sent to 'ebay classes' in Bondi

That would put a stop to their little games

tinker

• New Knight
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2009, 08:18:59 PM »
*shrugs*??

OK so you're happy to let a NPBer get away with messing sellers around and wasting there time?

Do you care that others will face this person too?

The strike function is there for a reason.

tinker

• New Knight
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2009, 08:20:50 PM »
I think that once a person gets 3 x npb's there should be a public stoning of them all proceeds from the selling of bags of stones  to go to the sellers who have been 'bundahed'   

or worse still maybe they should get sent to 'ebay classes' in Bondi

That would put a stop to their little games

LOL!