Author Topic: The Thread of Uncommon Sense!  (Read 10854 times)

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
The Thread of Uncommon Sense!
« on: May 20, 2010, 05:30:26 PM »
This is an interesting starting point..... See what you people think!

Don't try to run our lives

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/dont-try-to-run-our-lives/story-e6frfhqf-1225868870608

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: The Thread of Uncommon Sense!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 05:33:46 PM »
Snipe ..... should this thread be moved to the Coineez section ?

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 05:39:36 PM »
I agree Loco. Don't try to run our lives. But .. everyone needs to take responsibility for their own actions. Instead of always blaming the other guy or the government or the police or the cat when something goes wrong.

We already live in one of the most over-governed countries in the world. I'd like to see an end to the State Governments for starters. Think of the savings in our tax dollars if we could get rid of the duplication of services.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 05:46:46 PM »
What...? !!!

Anti 'Brave New World' thinking?!!!!!

* Watch out... the Thought Police will get you *

wyzeguy60

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 05:51:08 PM »
no most definitely not smee.

we make good decisions most of the time, well sometimes occasionally.
We don't impact on anybody else - well not many anyway. We certainly don't intrude into others realms, well not much anyway. okay a little perhaps, but that is irrelevant isn't it. perhaps not, I don't really know. Who cares anyway, I'm a coinee.
We certainly don't antagonise anyone. That is for sure. Well some do but most don't, well maybe a little but not often, okay sometimes when it is warranted.

damn - maybe I should collect politicians. They would be less trouble, especially dead ones - lol

;D

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 05:52:46 PM »
I understand Wyzeguy ..... I think

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 05:53:10 PM »
Wise words oh wzeguy

:indupitably:  :lol:

wyzeguy60

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 05:56:11 PM »
understand what - I don't remember anything. In fact I deny i ever said anything. Do you have emails or proof.

Oh I forgot - I am a coinee not a politician and I am always sometimes correct most of the time occasionally.

;D

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 05:58:13 PM »
Wyze.... those last two posts represent something awesomely special. Just what that is.... well... I'm unsure. But nonetheless - many thanks for sharing... I think!  ;D

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 07:21:46 PM »
Wyzey was on topic, though...  I think.

"The Thread of Uncommon Sense!" ....

Well, it was in threads ... and it sorta made sense .... in an uncommon way...

* Walking away before my headache comes back *

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 08:32:09 PM »
I agree Loco. Don't try to run our lives. But .. everyone needs to take responsibility for their own actions. Instead of always blaming the other guy or the government or the police or the cat when something goes wrong.

We already live in one of the most over-governed countries in the world. I'd like to see an end to the State Governments for starters. Think of the savings in our tax dollars if we could get rid of the duplication of services.

I agree wheels, but does that mean I cannot blame the cat for her actions when I was watching as she jumped up on a curtain pelmet and brought the whole thing crashing down? I couldn't help it and it was all her fault.
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 10:08:46 PM »

I agree wheels, but does that mean I cannot blame the cat for her actions when I was watching as she jumped up on a curtain pelmet and brought the whole thing crashing down? I couldn't help it and it was all her fault.

No.

But it means you cannot blame the cat if YOU jumped up on a curtain pelmet and brought the whole thing crashing down.

OK?

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 10:24:28 PM »
Oh! Good... I must remember not to mention exactly what I was doing when I was watching the cat watching me.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

retribution

• Knight of the RT
  • Hey! Don't clap. Throw me money makes less noise!
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 12:27:16 PM »
This is an interesting starting point..... See what you people think!

Don't try to run our lives

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/dont-try-to-run-our-lives/story-e6frfhqf-1225868870608

That was a brilliant comment. Loco.

I must listen more to that guy re radio.

He is not only brilliant but super brilliant in being able to extend one sentence into a short story.

I enjoyed the read immensly. (probably because I've been preaching same stuff since I was knee high.)

I'm actuallly on ASIO files. LOL.

:crazy:

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2010, 06:11:45 PM »
I found it a refreshing read too retro.

everyone needs to take responsibility for their own actions. Instead of always blaming the other guy or the government

wheels - I have no issue whatsoever in taking responsibility for my own actions or decisions. Where I do find a problem - is where other people choose to direct me in the manner that I choose to live. Their self declared far greater minds in fact, stifle my personal choice. If a party disagrees with where I find my 'lawful' enjoyment - then, fine, perhaps they could exercise their personal choice.... and just disappear.... without attempting to force me to comply with their desires. I'm not about forcing people to take up smoking..... but the same people apparently have the right to force me not to - to comply with their way of thinking..... and the hell with my freedom of choice. (that's an example by the way!)

Freedom is a priceless thing - but it is being eroded, and under ongoing threat at every level. The posted link perhaps shares these views far better than I can. "For we are young and free". Wait until the politically correct get their hands on that statement!

My father left this world around five years ago. He could have perhaps stayed longer had he wished.... but the fact was that he simply didn't want to. He had seen many changes in his 86 years..... many of them not good in his opinion.

retribution

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 07:07:22 PM »
I found it a refreshing read too retro.

everyone needs to take responsibility for their own actions. Instead of always blaming the other guy or the government

wheels - I have no issue whatsoever in taking responsibility for my own actions or decisions. Where I do find a problem - is where other people choose to direct me in the manner that I choose to live. Their self declared far greater minds in fact, stifle my personal choice. If a party disagrees with where I find my 'lawful' enjoyment - then, fine, perhaps they could exercise their personal choice.... and just disappear.... without attempting to force me to comply with their desires. I'm not about forcing people to take up smoking..... but the same people apparently have the right to force me not to - to comply with their way of thinking..... and the hell with my freedom of choice. (that's an example by the way!)

Freedom is a priceless thing - but it is being eroded, and under ongoing threat at every level. The posted link perhaps shares these views far better than I can. "For we are young and free". Wait until the politically correct get their hands on that statement!

My father left this world around five years ago. He could have perhaps stayed longer had he wished.... but the fact was that he simply didn't want to. He had seen many changes in his 86 years..... many of them not good in his opinion.

The longer I live the more constricted one becomes with laws for just about every move you make or what you want to do. You can even be accosted for having a crap in the bush 1000 plus kilometers from any civilisation. (that's if they happen to catch you.) You are to carry a shovel and bury it. I know because I have been a Prospector (Gold and Opals. It's all part of the licensing to prospect.). When you ask why such a stupid law knowing the vast expanses. The response is healthwise "what if everybody did it???" Well the news is not everybody is ever going to be in the bush 1000 kilometers from anywhere. It's all to do with control. I wouldn't crap on a beach I know others frequent but I'm irresponsible and can't make such a decision on my own.  (Another example. LOL)

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 09:54:05 PM »

This century, like all the centuries before it, will see amazing changes to the way humans live and think.

I hope that people in our country,and elsewhere, will not become so over- governed, restricted and locked into a technological world, as to lose all their freedom and the ability to think and act as individuals.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 10:09:31 PM »
This century, like all the centuries before it, will see amazing changes to the way humans live and think.

and Nanna knows this from personal experience !

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 10:14:00 PM »
"In just 24 hours there have been three sit-up-and-take-notice examples.

The first, and probably the worst, is this planned health and lifestyle survey, courtesy of Kevin Rudd.

According to this concept, 50,000 people will be required to answer intimate questions about what they eat, what they drink, what they weigh and how many times they can run around the block without keeling over.

If previous surveys are repeated they may be sent a book with pictures of different-sized spoons and plates so they can report whether they are anorexic or a glutton.

Effectively, they will be asked by the Australian Bureau of Statistics to hand over everything of personal importance except their first-born.

And it will be compulsory. If you  are selected in that mysterious way bureaucrats select such things, you  will do what Kevin from Kirribilli says or you will be fined $110 for each day you refuse.

They would also like to weigh you, take your blood pressure, collect your blood and have you leave a sample of what is usually left as a sample in those sterilised little bottles.

That part is not compulsory, but good luck if you object.

The Heart Foundation and the Australian Medical Association support the survey because they like nothing more than a book full of statistics to justify their existence.

But the problem, as with the Census, is that you have no option. It's compulsory."

I hope that people in our country,and elsewhere, will not become so over- governed, restricted and locked into a technological world, as to lose all their freedom and the ability to think and act as individuals.

centuries...... I think we're already there!

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2010, 12:34:08 AM »
centuries...... I think we're already there!

loco, I am loathe to think that, but I am becoming less of an optimist every time I hear of the next bright idea brought into being, supposedly to save us from ourselves.

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2010, 12:40:39 AM »

and Nanna knows this from personal experience !

smee  :)  You have uncovered my secret----I have the ability to see into the future and have been given the gift of eternal life! 

I wonder what I will be wearing in 2080 :D

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2010, 12:37:30 PM »
Why dont you wear that outfit you wore to the nudist beach last summer ?
it looked very nice just could have done with a bloody good ironing

:rofl: :rofl: :roflmao: :roflmao: :jk: :angel:

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2010, 02:32:35 PM »
 :slappy:
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2010, 12:08:23 AM »
Why dont you wear that outfit you wore to the nudist beach last summer ?
it looked very nice just could have done with a bloody good ironing

:rofl: :rofl: :roflmao: :roflmao: :jk: :angel:

Aha! You were there ! I will lend you my iron when I have put some finishing touches to the odd crease. ;D      :evillaugh: :rofl:

da_ewok

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
    • It Ain't Always My Life!
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2010, 11:25:18 AM »
don't get me started on 'common sense' - I get the feeling it's been governed out of the typical Australian Resident

But........ here are my thoughts http://itaintalwaysso.blogspot.com/search/label/common%20sense

Many varied examples of what the government are trying to do, what should be done, and things that I have done, that I consider to be 'common sense'

Remember, that common is not so common and that the Darwin Thoery often takes effect where common sense does not
"I've just been in a bad mood for 40 years"

http://www.marysvillecookbook.com/ $7,800 **Raised as at 22nd March 2013**
Photos by Enigma - Iphone cases too! :D http://www.redbubble.com/people/photosbyenigma

retribution

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2010, 11:35:37 AM »
Hi da_ewok.

Quite a site you have there.

Well put togerther.

Very interesting read.

Only read a couple of your headings but will look in again later.

da_ewok

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2010, 11:57:18 AM »
Hi da_ewok.

Quite a site you have there.

Well put together.

Very interesting read.

Only read a couple of your headings but will look in again later.

Anytime - some of it is pretty heavy going - so you are forgiven if you don't return ;)

I call it my therapy - I don't think there is another word for it :(

Photos by Enigma - Iphone cases too! :D http://www.redbubble.com/people/photosbyenigma

retribution

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2010, 12:21:06 PM »
Hi

I liked the one about the "Electricity being turned off in very hot weather"

Unbelievable their thinking????

Just trying to get out of any responsibility for neglect of maitenance of power poles etc.

da_ewok

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2010, 12:30:00 PM »
pass the buck - it ain't responsibility - I don't want to know - It's not my fault - Blame the Government, they didn't tell me

Need I go on?

People just don't think sometimes :(

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2010, 02:52:52 PM »
Thinking gets me in trouble.

But not lately.
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2010, 06:19:50 PM »