Author Topic: PayPal dispute  (Read 6010 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
PayPal dispute
« on: November 26, 2009, 04:53:13 PM »
We bid and won an item on eBay late on 18th Nov. Paid immediately with PayPal and then early on 19th received a message from eBay and PayPal to say that the item listing had been removed. Opened a PayPal dispute straight away for item not received just to cover ourselves and have received a reply from the seller to say that the item has been sent and to check the tracking details.

http://intmail.183.com.cn/item/trace/itemTraceAction.do

:roflmao:   :roflmao:

Can anyone translate it for me?

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
Re: PayPal dispute
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 04:58:03 PM »
*snipe*

Nuthin' but trubble there!
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 09:41:38 PM »
Hmmmm....

My first reaction would be to contact the seller, saying that you cannot read that site and that since you assessed and purchased the item presented in the english language, that you would appreciate a tracking page in english.

Another suggestion is to check their feedback to get an idea of the typical delivery time (check listing ending time and date feedback left) and see if anything turns up.  I'd keep the INR active, just in case.

You could also simply ask the seller to explain what happened for you to get the notification you did from eBay and Paypal.  I would read their reply carefully to see what whether it seemed fair or fishy.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 09:53:12 PM »
Brumby, we know why the listing was removed, just couldn't believe the speed it was done at! The item was a pair of 'designer' sunglasses.

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 10:02:48 PM »
Wheels, What Brumby said is spot on.
In the meantime, keep the Paypal dispute open.

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 10:04:36 PM »
Wheels. Are designer sunglasses a no-no on Ebay? Is Ebay frightened of copies/counterfeits/forgeries?

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 10:05:21 PM »
Brumby, we know why the listing was removed, just couldn't believe the speed it was done at! The item was a pair of 'designer' sunglasses.

Fair enough - but that makes me even more curious as to the excuse the seller would actually offer you!

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 10:07:19 PM »
Wheels. Are designer sunglasses a no-no on Ebay? Is Ebay frightened of copies/counterfeits/forgeries?

That's what I'm guessing - and yes, eBay ARE nervous about this, for good reason.

Designer sunglass from China .... ?  I'd be very suss about the legitimacy of those.