Author Topic: Advice welcome with a problem I have: shipment from Italy  (Read 27240 times)

*cupie*

Re: Advice welcome with a problem I have: shipment from Italy
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2009, 08:54:24 PM »
Well if there is, I'm sure you'd know about it.

imperfect

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2009, 08:55:38 PM »

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2009, 08:57:41 PM »
Oh, yes, PayPal... I don't consider it a fair solution that a seller's funds should be frozen while a dispute is in progress, unless there's reason to think the seller is a scammer planning on running off with mega-funds.

Oh well...

Smee, from what the seller has said, he's willing to give me a refund, but in order to do it, he says I have to close the dispute because his PayPal account is in the red due to the dispute. I've not been in that situation, so I'd really like to hear what a few sellers have to say about this situation...

I'm inclined to say I'll close the dispute; after all, the refund in question is only going to be 12 euro, which is nothing about which to jump up and down in excitement and is a "token partial refund" rather than real compensation.

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Bellagina

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2009, 10:16:00 PM »
I have never gone through this as either a buyer or seller, but I do know from reading the Ask a Member board,
that the advice given is do NOT close a dispute until you have your refund!
From what I have read -Seller should message paypal telling them of the partial refund, they should then message you,
then refund done.
If you close the dispute, there is no way you can re-open it, and seller will be laughing all the way to the hmm.....bank!?

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2009, 10:44:27 PM »
I have always seen members given the advice in Bellagina's post.

Do not close the dispute until either the item or, refund, is received. If you close early before you actually receive the refund:-  

1) You cannot reopen the case.    

2) You cannot report the seller if you found that to be necessary.

I have never had this experience. But I would not close the case, regardless of what the seller is saying.
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

col52

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2009, 10:46:05 AM »
I would be calling Paypal for advice, Countess, before closing the dispute.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2009, 05:43:58 PM »
Europe: Pffftt...

"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2009, 11:47:37 PM »
I haven't replied to the seller's offer... I feel less inclined to simply close the dispute and hope for the best.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2009, 01:50:19 PM »
The situation is now resolved.

(Not entirely to my satisfaction, but it's resolved.)

The day before I'd have had to either escalate to a claim or close the dispute, I contacted the seller again and informed him that PayPal had stated very definitely that he could certainly refund me without my closing the dispute - and that this was the proper way to go about it.

(I had rung Paypal just to confirm - in case there really was some reason why the seller would be unable to refund in this instance unless I closed the dispute.)

I said I would accept his offer of 12 euros partial refund, not in that it covered my loss, but that it gave us both a partial degree of satisfaction. For me, it was really a token acknowledgement of responsibility from the seller. I stated that he had to refund me before I would close the dispute, and that I would prefer not to escalate to a claim.

The seller agreed, and sent me 12 euros. (Unfortunately, he didn't seem to follow the link I gave him, which would enable a partial refund - which would mean no fees when I accepted the payment. AAAAgh. He just sent it as a payment rather than partial refund (hence I was charged a fee). A LOT of sellers don't seem to understand how this works!)

I shrugged, and closed the dispute.

I haven't left feedback. If I did, I'd probably give a neutral. Because he did carry through with the partial refund, I consider he kept his end of the bargain and I must deem myself partially satisfied.

Thanks, everyone, for your helpful advice! I made good use of it and refused to close the dispute until being refunded. I truly appreciate all the help you've given.

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2009, 02:57:08 PM »
A reasonable result Countess and better than you were originally expecting.

Very sad that the seller made it so difficult for you though. 
:duckling:

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2009, 03:28:45 PM »
Dredging up old threads for fashion's worth here, eh?
Suppose I do it and get me arse whooped out of principle?

A risky proposition at this point.

Later never seems to come unless it already went.

Not very efficient, am I???

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2009, 03:43:03 PM »
Tello, this particular problem has only just been resolved. Not 100% satisfaction, but the result is... acceptable.

And feel free to dig up some older threads. (As long as they're not so old that they've already entered the fourth stage of putrefaction.)

col52

« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2009, 03:46:03 PM »
That seller sounds very inexperienced!

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2009, 03:50:12 PM »
Tello is very inexperienced.
I know the guy personally....

What a Heap of Human carnage and folderol!!

Digging up the riteous past is futile in the world of "Instant Gratification NOW!".....

Look for the Movie, based upon the notes that never became a book. Suppose the Hanky Panky IS what it's all about???

CUE: This is a case where the man is the passive joker in an aggressive environment full of clowns

Poddy

« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2009, 04:00:27 PM »
Pssst!.........Cupie, dont mention George W Bush.

*cupie*

« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2009, 10:05:36 AM »
Tello, what have I got to do with this one? or were you just cuing another joke....and was it on me?  usually is...and how do I get the stains out?.....and and and what's George Bush got to do with it Poddy?...he's gone with the wind.  Not more NutBush Silly Minutes?  the world can't take anymore of what's 'Good For us...or is that U.S.'

What does it all mean? U.S. vs the home team.....(If you're not with us....then your against us)......the hooter sounds......and there's the kick off.  Why do American Footballers wear so much padding?....do they bruise easily?

Does anyone else understand it?  Do I need a Montello Babel Fish? and a Towel for spillage?  *makes note to self....Don't Panic*  It's only a nightmare......*lead break*