Author Topic: Amazon Customer Service  (Read 8851 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Amazon Customer Service
« on: April 07, 2010, 10:01:07 AM »
Last week we received a delivery of two cartons of items purchased on Amazon, fulfilled by Amazon. One carton was fine, the other carton had split apart after being dropped/crushed and the items were damaged.

I logged on to Amazon Customer Service to see what to do about the delivery. The website gives you three options to contact them - email, phone or an Amazon call back. They claim to respond to emails within 12 hours so I emailed them and told them about the order and the damage. I received a personal reply (with some cut and paste sections) about half an hour later.

They offered me 3 options: keep the items and receive a partial refund of the original cost, return the items for replacement or return the items for refund. They would pay the shipping costs because they accepted the damage was their fault.

After a couple more emails, again with prompt replies, they considered the cost of shipping the items back to the US and suggested I keep the items and was offered a 100% refund of the original cost plus shipping. The refund was processed the same day and back in my creditcard the following day.

:t2:  :t2:  :t2:

I am very impressed with Amazon's Customer Service. Their responses were fast, personal and relevant.

Shame that eBay Live Help or Trust and Safety don't have the same service.

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
Re: Amazon Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 10:06:47 AM »
With service like that - is it any wonder that Ebay is fading away?

Oh - "Snipe" by the way!  ;D

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 11:40:02 AM »
I have, in the past, bought a lot of fishing, fly fishing & fly tying books from Amazon & I found them to be very reliable with reasonable O/S post costs.

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 11:51:21 AM »
Ubbie - I found a 14' beach rod on Ebay - $22 delivered! Caugt a bream and a catfish in trials.  ;D

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 12:52:14 PM »
the difference is - and I see this as eBay's major problem - that you were dealing with Amazon direct and not some shonky retard seller

a lot of eBay sellers are extremely professional but sadly there are also a lot that don't even begin to understand what customer service is

I can see this as part of the reasoning by eBay to attract larger business sellers .. chances are big sellers will offer a more enjoyable buying experience

as ecommerce gets bigger customer service will be become even more important ....... I'm not sure how eBay would go about deleting the shonks but the sooner they do it the better

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 03:16:59 PM »
... chances are big sellers will offer a more enjoyable buying experience

It's a gamble - even with big sellers - but it is more of a gamble with smaller ones.  The pity is that there are some really hard-working and conscientious smaller sellers that don't deserve to be tarred with that brush.

as ecommerce gets bigger customer service will be become even more important ....... I'm not sure how eBay would go about deleting the shonks but the sooner they do it the better

My concern is that eBay will use a very wide brush, because it's 'easier'.

Unfortunately, from past observations, they are likely to impact sellers they really should keep and miss many of the shonks that will simply duck under the radar, or become reborn to survive any new regime.

gr8-expectations

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 03:29:36 PM »
i agree with brumbies comments also, big seller in ebay experience denotes less attention to detail and poorer service the concept of ebay which people liked originally was tons of small sellers doing the right thing (generally), the format does not suit the big seller because ebay dont have the backup and service that amazon obviously are willing to provide, ebay have no concept of customer service at all and are happy to pit seller against seller unfairly, also the argument that ebay make that they are "just a venue" is a lie, for one example alone, a "venue" does not tell its sellers what the maximum they can charge to post something to their customers and a venue does not interfere with the buyer seller relationship as ebay/paypal do to the detriment of both

there should be laws to stop ebay doing this type of thing, i do agree though bnwt that the shonky sellers should go, but so many are ebays biggest fee generators so they are in no rush and not likely to be

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 04:16:04 PM »
bnwt, I know I am dealing with Amazon as the seller as well as the 'venue' but I wouldn't rate eBay's Customer Service (Live Help and T&S) responses as acceptable let alone recommend them.

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 04:35:30 PM »
"14' beach rod on Ebay - $22 delivered"

Brilliant buy Loco, did you bid for it or do a buy now? If it was a buy now what's the sellers details? As I've always said, ya can't ever have enough rods.

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 09:43:54 PM »
This mob were really good - and quick

premium-fishing-auctions
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-PELAGIC-MAGURO-BIG-Beach-Surf-Fishing-Rod-4-9m-15kg_W0QQitemZ310211919271QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_15?hash=item483a123da7

As were this lot.

Vic Trading

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Melaluka-SP8240-2-4m-2-Sect-6kg-Spinning-Fishing-Rods_W0QQitemZ120553435221QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_15?hash=item1c118b7055

Both sellers have some spectacular offers on reels - and that braided line stuff!

I've used both these sellers Loco... great service... premium-fishing-auctions also have an outlet store in Melbourne where you can pick up ebay winnings and also  anything else they sell on ebay and in store...prices are roughly the same..

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 09:48:45 PM »
I swear by braid for all freshwater fishing & estuary & deep sea fishing. I generally use Power Pro or Tuf Line XP on baitcasters & overheads. I use the cheaper Big W/KMart braid for eggbeaters & as fly line backing.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 09:48:51 PM »
Fishing must have been successful down at the beach on the weekend. I overhead one group talking about how they could hardly get the bait on the hook quickly enough.

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 09:55:11 PM »
I just looked at the first site & saw this, NEW PELAGIC SWAP CLASSIC 3/4 ARBOR FLY FISHING REEL*. Good quality reel & not in the extreme price bracket. I might bid for the 3/4 weight one. I only have 32 fly reels & it's not enough.

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 09:57:04 PM »
Good to see you Yib. I agree, great seller.... both of them. I had a giggle to myself when I won my beach rod. Said to he missus..... what sort of rod should I expect for twelve dollars? She laughed.... Very loudly. But, when it came - I couldn't believe how good t was. Went back and bought three more. The reels for these things were less than thirty dollars. Beat the absolute crap out of Kmart!

Ubbie - I had never used, let alone seen braided line until about six months ago. Still not sure whether I like it or not.... but it does seem to cast well.

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 10:02:25 PM »
The beauty of braid is, it does cast further & with Deep Sea fishing you can feel all the bites & nibbles. I use standard knots with braid but I double the amount of knot twists & loops of Mono or flourocarbon.

If you buy some, put a meter or two of mono one the reel first & tie the braid to the mono. Make sure you wind the braid on very tightly especially, on baitcaster reels.

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 10:22:15 PM »
Good to see you Yib. I agree, great seller.... both of them. I had a giggle to myself when I won my beach rod. Said to he missus..... what sort of rod should I expect for twelve dollars? She laughed.... Very loudly. But, when it came - I couldn't believe how good t was. Went back and bought three more. The reels for these things were less than thirty dollars. Beat the absolute crap out of Kmart!

Ubbie - I had never used, let alone seen braided line until about six months ago. Still not sure whether I like it or not.... but it does seem to cast well.

One of the rods I bought from premium fishing was an 8 foot land based game rod... it's magic on big sting rays... very stiff and it has a Gimble... by biggest ray so far is 80 kg and only took 1 hour to land... the same fish on my surf rods would have taken at least 2 to 3 hours..great work out !...

Braid is the ultimate line in my view... but you need an exceptional drag on your reels to compensate for the no stretch...

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 10:28:59 PM »
yuk ..... catching big sting rays .... a waste of energy and normally perfectly good gear .....
Yibs I landed one that would have been all of 80kg too , lucky I was using heavy duty gear .... It was massive ..... filled the deck of our 26' Bertram .....took me 3 nearly 4 crown lagers to haul the waste of space in and I was roooooooooooooooooooooooted ! he just wouldnt get off the ocean floor for ages and when he did he made a run for the safety of South African waters !

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 10:33:59 PM »
Yeah Yib. Setting the drag is very important with braid. I generally set it with the rod bent at about 45 degrees maybe a bit more.

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 10:35:18 PM »

I only do it for a work out smee... better than the gym !... occasionally I'll keep a small 20 / 30 kilo and fillet it.... I have perfected filleting these beasts... you wouldn't tell the difference between ray and flake when I'm done filleting it...

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 10:37:34 PM »
I've never tried ray but, I love flake, battered & deep ried, beautiful.

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 10:39:12 PM »

Ubb's I hold the rod straight at the line spool when setting the drag... always did it this way from the old days when I used to game fish off the NSW coast...

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 10:44:46 PM »
I've never tried ray but, I love flake, battered & deep ried, beautiful.

It's all in the filleting ubb's... slightly stringy flesh but hardly noticeable and tastes like flake... I fillet them side ways....