Author Topic: Alternative postage methods  (Read 5451 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Alternative postage methods
« on: December 16, 2009, 09:37:47 PM »
With the industrial action seriously threatening all incoming letters/parcels and outgoing letters/parcels, it seems that a lot of sellers must be deeply worried about the impact this will have on their DSRs. Buyers of course will be looking at it from the point of view of "AAAGh, will my goods arrive on time?"

Sellers, one and all, what are your strategies for getting parcels to their recipients in a timely fashion? Are there couriers you can recommend? What sort of time-frame and cost is involved from your experience or from what you've found out?
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
Re: Alternative postage methods
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 09:42:00 AM »
No, I haven't used alternative means.  I have simply posted as usual and hoped for the best.  I will monitor to see if items arrive and when and keep in touch with the buyers regarding the progress.  I feel this is the best I can do and I hope that buyers will understand.  

I will admit that it is a bit of a worry not knowing if things will arrive and I can't imagine how some high volume sellers much be feeling.  It is unfortunate that Ebay is not set up to deal with things like this.  ie Have a DSR category that may show how the seller dealt with the item under extenuating circumstances.
:duckling:

gr8-expectations

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 09:51:14 AM »
Hunter Transport Industries, Hunter Express are quite a good courier company, I use them locally but they have a quite cheap parcel service for interstate and were cheaper than Aussie post recently on one going way up north queensland, imo fastway and some of those pre paid ticket ones are not that good or reliable, but i am basing that on a big stuff up from years ago lol they may be better now, they managed to lose about $400 of framed prints on me and their insurance was dodgy and unable to claim even though their drivers were at fault (fastway) but that was a while back

Hunter Transport Industries have never lost anything in years of using them, recommended for interstate, ok for local too but not as cheap as post for local, become more competitive for larger boxes interstate, for large items like furniture E.J Shaw Removals at Harbord Sydney are very good and reasonable

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 10:35:23 AM »
That's good to know - one reliable courier service mentioned.

If we can include as many as possible with factual information, it could be a help in the event of further industrial action by AP.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 11:01:15 AM »
So, the Oz Chrissycards are coming to me on a lorrie?
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

gr8-expectations

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 11:42:57 AM »
no, carrier pigeon ... an old one but it should make it

also there are a number of good freight companies other than the ones I mentioned, when i got the freight to FNQ quoted Hunter Transport Industries were about $40-100 cheaper than most of the others so they are good if you have a big box to send a long way, I think they service most of the east coast, cheaper than aussie post and will carry oversize items that aussie post wont

shaw removals for heavier items, example ... 3 piece "javi" 30's lounge suite with cane sides and all cushions, very heavy and delicate, sydney to gold coast, $220 aud very good price imo and delivered cafefully and safely, customer very happy with delivery on time and intact

ps i dont work for either of them lol they are just good

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 11:46:22 AM »
Two carrier pigeons walk into a Bar.
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 12:53:25 PM »
One of my all time favourite movies
'Picking up wheat' - starring Walter Pigeon and Gregory Peck !

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 06:50:43 PM »
One of my all time favourite movies
'Picking up wheat' - starring Walter Pigeon and Gregory Peck !

Smee's probably got the DVD...

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2009, 07:04:11 PM »
one of my other fav's is called 'making baskets' starring Hugo Weaving 

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 07:05:55 PM »