Author Topic: Online wishlists...  (Read 5872 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Online wishlists...
« on: October 18, 2009, 03:21:13 PM »
- Antique map of Languedoc, Savoie, Venaissin by Ortelius A.
Gallia Narbonens [on sheet with] Sabaudiae Ducat. [and] Venuxini Comitatus Nova Descr. - Ortelius A. ,1612..
Copper engraving
Size: 35.5 x 46.5cm (13.8 x 18.1 inches)
Verso text: Italian
Condition: Old coloured, light age-toned.
References: Van den Broecke, 49; Van der Krogt 3, 4652+4760+4740:31B.
From: Theatro del Mondo di Abrahamo Ortelio. Antwerpen, Plantin Press (J.&B. Moretus), 1612. (Van der Krogt 3, 1:652)
Item number: 19362
Price: 420 Euro

- Antique map of Southern France by Visscher N.
Nouvelle Carte Géographique de la Partie Méridionale de France, contenant le Gouvernement de Guienne et Gascogne, le Lyonnois, Le Haut et Bas Languedoc, le Dauphiné, la Provence, et une Grande Partie de la Lombardie, &c. - Visscher N. ,1700-1730.
Copper engraving
Size: 48 x 77.5cm (18.7 x 30.2 inches)
Verso: Blank
Condition: Old coloured, two sheets joined.
Item number: 18678
Price: 550 Euro

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
Re: Online wishlists...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 03:23:04 PM »
Lifetime supply of baci dark chocolate ... free...

Willing to share with the right lady...

:wine:
If you try to fail, and succeed, what have you done ??

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 03:29:37 PM »
Cheeky...
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 04:41:49 PM »
Junque le Thread... ;D
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

misha

• Membermn
  • Knight of the RT
  • NO CONFIDENCE
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 06:04:25 PM »
Limited Edition Facsimile Etching

SELF PORTRAIT

Size: 35.4 x 30.4 cm
Price: $3,300
Date Published: 1974
Reference: Norman Lindsay Etchings: Catalogue Raisonné (Odana Editions and Josef Lebovic Gallery, 2006, cat.317)

Self Portrait is the graphic depiction of an artist in torment. A hunched Norman, clutching his etching needle, is presented, manacled, between the male nude satyr and female nude. This central group forms the picture around which are massed the creatures of his imagination: demons, satyrs, nudes and the ominous figure of the sword-wielding dwarf.
Self Portrait is the most revealing of all Norman's etchings and needling the plate was a lengthy process. In a letter to John Hetherington, Norman discussed the ease with which he wrote compared to the consummate difficulty in etching and specifically referred to Self Portrait:
... I have tried both mediums, and can speak authoritatively on their time factors. I could write the major portion of a novel like Cousin from Fiji in the time it takes me to produce an etching like Self Portrait.
It was an etching that continued to preoccupy him years after it was published. In a letter to sister Mary, written in his old age, Norman wrote:
... Self Portrait was done during the period you stayed with us at Springwood. It reflects the state of my mind during those years, which I'll swear I kept well under cover from detection by others. You, who probably know me better than others, could affirm that, I think. Anyway, it is definitely autobiographical ...
Norman had turned fifty in 1929 and the capacity to create had abandoned him. His distress during this phase (which lasted for several years) is portrayed in Self Portrait. It was this etching that brought the criticism of Norman's work, which had been steadily growing over the years, to a head.
It is difficult now for us to comprehend just how much controversy was engendered by Norman and to what extent he was affected by it. At first he simply shrugged it off, but as the attacks on his work gathered momentum he became disheartened and, in the end, fearful. He had been a target for puritanical-minded officialdom since 1899 when he was first involved in police action. This was the result of a poster he had designed for a company marketing a contraceptive called 'Solvit'. Public outcry caused a progressive Venereal Diseases Bill, which was about to pass through the Victorian Parliament, to be abandoned.
pobox486cronulla@hotmail.com    I have NO HERO'S or IDOLS.  I will question everything and anyone having faith only in myself.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 06:15:37 PM »
wow! all this knowledge and not a lick of comprehension in the Peanut Gallery.

Call me "Nuts"; just don't kick them...
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

Poddy

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 07:28:21 PM »
"Methinks Tello protesteth too much". (Sorry William)

Tello, regardless how you try to hide you light under a bushell it shines through  ;D

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 07:35:17 PM »
"Methinks Tello protesteth too much". (Sorry William)

Tello, regardless how you try to hide you light under a bushell it shines through  ;D

First time I've heard it called that..

:wine:
If you try to fail, and succeed, what have you done ??