Author Topic: And where's my OTHER parcel?  (Read 9048 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
And where's my OTHER parcel?
« on: November 04, 2010, 10:15:38 PM »
On the Australia Post "Track my item" page, it says the status is "Transferred".

TRANSFERRED? What does that mean?

Tracking summary
Tracking ID: EVxxxxxxxxxxSG Status: Transferred
Product/Service: EMS
Origin Country: Singapore
Destination Country: Australia

Tracking details
Date/Time    Activity    Location     
17/10/10 10:40    Scheduled for delivery  
17/10/10 09:57    Received and awaiting clearance for delivery         
15/10/10 14:17    Processed - enroute to final destination     
15/10/10 13:17    Item lodged 
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
Re: And where's my OTHER parcel?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 10:38:58 PM »
It means you may be SOL.
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 10:56:53 PM »
Sucking On Lemons?
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 11:09:17 PM »
Shhit-Outta-Luck.
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 01:09:19 AM »
The transferred status usually means it has been sent to your post office for delivery... mostly it's when a delivery has been carded..no card in the letterbox? Maybe give the PO a call *fingers crossed*
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 02:04:19 AM »
"No card in letterbox"

Yes - VERY possible!!

My seller friend likes to check up and see where their registered items are for buyers who haven't informed them of receipt. Just last week, there was one customer who had TWO registered parcels waiting for them at the post office - but they had NOT been left a card for either. One of them had been there for nearly two weeks and was in danger of being "returned to sender".

Fortunately, my seller friend contacted the buyer to sort out the situation - which I have no doubt saved them from an undeserved reaction from the buyer.  Needless to say, the buyer was none too pleased with Australia Post about the matter, but did get their items and were thankful of my seller friend's efforts.

Another local story is an example of delivery short-cuts that just gets you angry.... There is a guy who get a number of items sent to his 90 year-old father (who lives in our area), because he cannot ensure his whereabouts to take delivery, but his father is ALWAYS home and is happy to oblige.

However, the contractor who was meant to deliver a particular parcel apparently has this rather poor habit of driving up to an address and if it LOOKS like nobody is home, simply leaves a card.  No knocking on a door.  Needless to say, the 90 year-old had to traipse up to the post office to collect the item (which I believe was bulky and awkward) when all he should have had to do is accept it at his front door. Apparently, even the post office staff know this gentleman and were appalled at seeing him having to go through all this - because of some lazy, selfish contractor.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 02:16:32 AM »
Oh, and if you DO come across a contractor NOT doing their job properly - COMPLAIN!

Please - go to the Post Office, ring up, get a form and COMPLAIN!

If it has happened to you, then it is quite likely happening to a LOT of others - and Australia Post are rather reluctant to kick a contractor out - unless there is a lot of formal complaints. Complaining to the staff at the counter of the Post Office is of little value, because the powers-that-be can ignore it as unfounded hearsay.

COMPLAIN IN WRITING.

Seriously, your local Post Office staff cop enough abuse as it is (though some DO ask for it).  Since it is NOT under their control, I'm sure they would be more than happy for you to formally inform the powers-that-be that there IS a problem.

Written complaints - enough of them - will get a resolution.  Whingeing at the counter staff is just going to get you and them frustrated as hell - while the slob who is causing all this angst continues to get away with it.

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 07:31:16 AM »
I get the feeling there is some sort of hold up with parcels from overseas at the moment

perhaps they are over come with the amount flooding in thanks to the low US$

I am still waiting on a parcel from New York that was sent over 2 weeks ago and a friend has not had his parcel from the UK delivered and he's been waiting over 3 weeks

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 11:07:02 AM »
... Then there is always the possibility of stuff-ups.

I had a parcel travel from the USA to Australia that took an extraordinary length of time to get here. Evidence suggested it came via Sweden.

Nice little detour.....

shyer

• Knight of the RT
  • from UBB & yib thank you
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 11:17:21 AM »
Air or express from USA and china has been normal. Sea or regular has been slow slow slow last month for me.

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 02:53:49 PM »
in fact further to my post of yesterday I am starting to think there is some sort of conspiracy

apart from my new york parcel and my friends UK parcels which both have still not arrived I had two eBay parcels both sent on tuesday from Melb. ....normally they'd arrive on a thursday, here it is friday and neither have turned up

then just to top off my conspiracy theory I did an order with two different suppliers in Sydney on wednesday ... both shipped that afternoon by courier ... normally delivery would be the next day ..... here it is two days later and neither courier company can find my cartons

so that is 5 items that have not arrived  .... FIVE

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 03:22:37 PM »
Five is the number. That means that "five is [not] right out".

I'm starting to get chills up my spine...

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 03:46:53 PM »
number 5 is alive

not disesembled Stephanie