The Oz Round Table boards > WELCOME! Rules & Guidelines (read before posting) + Tech Announcements

Post-Apocalyptic Glitch Announcement

(1/3) > >>

*CountessA*:
Dear members,

As you probably noticed, the forum was unavailable all day.

A minor edit resulted in a hard-to-locate glitch. A database restore as well as painstaking code-unpicking has finally allowed us to declare the forum open again.

It has undoubtedly been a frustrating day, and perhaps the main (and only) point of thankfulness is that the backup at least enabled full restoration.

*FluffyDuckee*:
Thank you Countess.

*Hug*  *Kissss*

Have a  :coffeecup: and some choc  :chocdip:

*Brum6y*:
Backup.

It's such a beautiful word, isn't it?

People just don't appreciate it when they have to work out what to backup - where, when, how and then to actually DO it every time.  And DRP is such a waste of time...

UNTIL SOMETHING GOES WRONG.

I noticed a popular (for their niche) crafty web site went down in a screaming heap (recently, I think) and the owners had spent (last I'd read) 5 months putting it back together - with enormous stress levels.  While I don't know the specifics, with even a basic DRP, I could not imagine it taking more than a few days.

Thank you Countess (and cohorts) for yet another example of your commitment and conscientiousness.  It is muchly appreciated.

*FluffyDuckee*:
*Ode to Backups*

Oh Backup is a beautiful word
The loveliest I have ever heard
The sweetest music to my ears
It takes away all my fears...

It can take so long to fix the glitch
When it goes wrong we flick the switch
DRP is a waste of time
To not backup, is a crime...

Chorus -

We love backups
Oh yes we do
Without them
We are thru

Bellagina:
I'm just glad OzRT is back online!! I missed it badly yesterday.

(Backup..hmmmmmmm..... I wonder how you do that?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version