Author Topic: Another day Another slap...  (Read 55057 times)

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Another day Another slap...
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2009, 05:36:49 PM »
Cupie you misunderstand and I guess I wasn't clear....I have a habit of being ambiguous lol
I meant re: Ebay and terms of resolution, I am persuing other avenues :)

I said in a post further back -
"I do however have some other interesting avenues being pursued.. I'll keep you posted on developments."

I do not accept Ebay's idea of a resolution, I will be seeking my own resolution from other avenues.

I have however emailed DF, he's not replying lol
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2009, 05:40:53 PM »
Good, Liisa!  :knight:
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2009, 05:42:11 PM »
Tello your treatment by Ebay is appalling too.  One wonders whatever is going on in that company to perpetuate this kind of treatment of paying customers.

Tello: 
 :-* :-* :kisshug: :quack: :bgirlpanties: :drummer: :tissue: :roo: :vent: :ambulance: :comfort: :console: :chocbox: :hoola: :chocdip:
:duckling:

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2009, 05:48:31 PM »
Blimey! That is a full bucket of Love, Fluff!

I need it.
I got it.

But not on ebay........
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

**cupie**

« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2009, 05:49:18 PM »
No misunderstanding Liisa, and no need to explain...just having a good old fashioned  
:vent:

I just didn't want you to give up mate......it makes me so angry to see consumers, people, anyone treated like this...i.e. without recourse....we're not cattle to be herded, we're consumers/people and we can, and do vote with our feet and fight with the pen (or keyboard as the case may be)  Doesn't sound quite so poetic though.

;D

**cupie**

« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2009, 06:04:35 PM »
I have however emailed DF, he's not replying lol

He might choose to take his time but be persistent......it shows record of you having gone to great lengths to access dispute resolution......or anything vaguely resembling same......and their subsequent ignorance of your reasonable requests.  It's all evidence that you attempted to deal directly with them first before lodging a formal complaint. (having exhausted all other available avenues)

Give him till mid next week and follow up....in your next email tell him you'll be following up again a week later, whilst lodging an FT Complaint....NSW is not as good as Vic. when it comes to consumer protection, but...(and I'll have to check to see if it's been implemented yet)......last August it was decided at a National conference that Unfair Consumer Contract laws were being implemented Nation wide.  Victoria already has this legislation in place...NSW never has.......but they are supposed to have implemented legislation similar to the Victorian version... So I'd start with that legislation...and argue the sanctions as part of an Unfair Consumer Agreement/contract...JMO....for what it's worth.

:evillaugh:

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2009, 06:56:10 PM »
Tello your treatment by Ebay is appalling too.  One wonders whatever is going on in that company to perpetuate this kind of treatment of paying customers.

Tello: 
 :-* :-* :kisshug: :quack: :bgirlpanties: :drummer: :tissue: :roo: :vent: :ambulance: :comfort: :console: :chocbox: :hoola: :chocdip:

This needs to be revisited:

http://www.ozroundtable.com/index.php?topic=67.20

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2009, 07:19:31 PM »
Good Point Tello and I would like to quote a quotation that Didi posted there.

""There comes a point where complexity becomes fraud""

As many stated, we pay Ebay to list on their site, however they move closer by stealth to telling us what we can say, how we can say it, what we can sell and how we can sell it and to whom.

Disturbing that they are moving so very far away from what made Ebay the megalith it had become. they seem content to be a small fish in the online mall stakes rather than retain that unique and workable formula that made Ebay prosperous. whilst permitting it's users to make a decent living and or Pocket money.

Unique and individual items are the mainstay of Ebay to this day.. they are trying to prevent the "fleamarket" boot sale" garage sale aspects, this will ultimately be Ebay's downfall.

The fact that they are willing to lose more and more customers on a daily basis for a plethora of inane reasons defies all financial logic.

My case is but a mere drop in the bucket, but even the smallest drops can make large ripples, enough drops and you have a Tsunami.

daffy

« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2009, 07:43:42 PM »
definition of a consumer: An individual who buys products or services for personal use and not for manufacture or resale

Lisa`s feedback shows that she has not participated in any transactions ( ie neither sold nor bought) from eBay since December 2008. 7 months ago.

Exactly; how are ebay affecting her rights as a consumer ?, she said herself that she has not been sanctioned.

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2009, 07:55:49 PM »
Give it a rest Daffy... :rolleyes:

How do you know that Liisa doesn't have other accounts that she trades with now?

And as we all know....if one account is sanctioned...they ALL are!

:taunt:

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2009, 08:00:24 PM »
I have a selling ID, Daffy, this is affecting me, and has the potential to affect my Sales and purchases.

Might I add Stalking IS a crime, and stalking is what is occurring, regarding the malicious reporting of my posts, this affects not only me but every individual that sells on Ebay either directly or indirectly.

The fact remains we have according to Ebay no real right of reply, and as Shane stated in his farewell thread, until the new Address is posted Members of Ebay do not have a direct method of Appeal, nor does it seem likely there will be one in the near future.

The fact that my feedback shows I have not participated on that ID in any transactions recently is Moot.

I HAVE been sanctioned, the accumulative effect of these slaps can and would eventually lead to the termination of my Ebay account, thus no longer permitting me to buy or sell on ebay due to malicious reporting of my harmless posts.

The Ebay automated moderation system does not look at the content of posts reported it merely removes and auto sanctions (slaps). I replied to each and every "slaP" and got no response at all, nothing.

I then had to Email Shane directly, it is clear from his reply to me he also did not read it properly but gave a canned reply, likely due to his imminent departure.

I have copies of the content of my posts and one of which was "Hi Guys" the sanction reason given to my two word "Hi Guys" was ( Interpersonal dispute and or harrassment), I'm not seeing any harrassment or dispute in "Hi Guys", do you?

I appreciate your input Daffy, and I hope this answers your question satisfactorily.

**cupie**

« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2009, 08:02:21 PM »
I thought the days of dragging out feedback ratings and tit for tat were over....oh well...some things don't change.  What Liisa does or doesn't do, or whether she's chosen to engage in Ebay's one way street idea of E-Commerce, in the last whatever months is completely irrespective.  She's a member, therefore, she's an ACCOUNT HOLDER.  

When she sells, she pays ebay to lease a listing space, and as such, she is a consumer of their service......Even as a small business trader.... by all rights she should have some say in the way her products are marketed, paid for, and ultimately the ease of which customers will view and buy her product.  But she doesn't.

When she's a buyer...she's a consumer.....even if no money changes hands...but I bet you didn't know that eh?  I can give you a link to a rather illuminating case against Ebay, wherein they were defined as a 'Service Provider' under the Consumer protection legislation in that state.   It further highlights that no money has to change hands for this relationship to exist...the account holder is a consumer.  JMO. ;D

And.......what Roo said....ditto.

RiffRaff

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2009, 08:29:02 PM »
As many stated, we pay Ebay to list on their site, however they move closer by stealth to telling us what we can say, how we can say it, what we can sell and how we can sell it and to whom.

Liisa, I understand why you feel you have to go down this path and wish you luck with it. The above statement though, indicates that you feel eBay is more than just an advertising website which eBay members use to ply their wares.

I don't understand why anybody would think that a company that makes money through the selling of advertising space and provides a number of free forums for it's members to use, would not have a say in what is said, how it is said, what you sell and to whom you can sell it. It's a business Liisa, nothing more, nothing less. It is not an evil entity who, will stop at nothing to 'get' you.

Some of the reactions to your case aired here are extreme over-reactions. You have suffered nothing as yet other than some slaps (some justified and some not). It's the 'these are my rights....give them to me' mentality that gets in the way of common sense sometimes. Particularly when it's not the advice givers account in jeopardy.

daffy

« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2009, 08:36:02 PM »
Lisa

I agree, being slapped for saying "Hi Guys" is malicious but does not prove that you are being stalked. As Riff has suggested before, be aware of what you post on what boards, keep to the topic at hand. It is possible that more than one person reported you, a coincidence, really, it can happen.

And to those who suggested I give it a rest, really, as Lisa has posted this on a public board, I am equally entitled to my own opinion, freedom of speech et al.

daffy

« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2009, 08:37:37 PM »

Liisa, I understand why you feel you have to go down this path and wish you luck with it. The above statement though, indicates that you feel eBay is more than just an advertising website which eBay members use to ply their wares.

I don't understand why anybody would think that a company that makes money through the selling of advertising space and provides a number of free forums for it's members to use, would not have a say in what is said, how it is said, what you sell and to whom you can sell it. It's a business Liisa, nothing more, nothing less. It is not an evil entity who, will stop at nothing to 'get' you.

Some of the reactions to your case aired here are extreme over-reactions. You have suffered nothing as yet other than some slaps (some justified and some not). It's the 'these are my rights....give them to me' mentality that gets in the way of common sense sometimes. Particularly when it's not the advice givers account in jeopardy.

Once again, the voice of reason, well said Riff

**cupie**

« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2009, 08:47:36 PM »
Once again, the voice of reason

Deja Vu Anyone?  Spooky right?  Yes Really !!

And with that said, let's throw out the TPA, All consumer protection legislation in every State,.....and hey why not also dispose of that pesky little stalking law in the Crimes Act from State to state while we're at it eh?.....

Declare a free for all, and let all dominant monopolies take consumers and small business people to the cleaners, while placing them at risk from stalkers and fraud?? and even better, excuse Ebay of all accountability by law...now we're talking........yippee...I can hear em cheering in the boardroom already...

BOHICA   :yess:

(Bend Over, Here It Comes Again !!)

Who's got your back?.....lmao

JMO ;D

RiffRaff

« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2009, 08:58:05 PM »
Thanks Daffy. My only reason for participating in this thread is out of concern for Liisa. It is after all just an opinion which Liisa can do as she chooses with.

Edited - profanity or abuse removed by moderator

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2009, 09:04:11 PM »
Liisa, whatever you choose to do, you have people supporting you. *hug*
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2009, 09:39:38 PM »
And to those who suggested I give it a rest, really, as Lisa has posted this on a public board, I am equally entitled to my own opinion, freedom of speech et al.

Nothing wrong with your opinion or freedom of speech or the price of apples today.

But at least make sure that when you do give your opinion....you aren't just assuming that you are right.

You know what they say about someone that Assumes..... ;)

daffy

« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2009, 09:47:47 PM »

Nothing wrong with your opinion or freedom of speech or the price of apples today.

But at least make sure that when you do give your opinion....you aren't just assuming that you are right.

You know what they say about someone that Assumes..... ;)

I am just going with the flow, so many other assumptions were already posted *wink*

Interesting that you would target me, no really, interesting.

Riff
What you said was sensible and she would be wise to consider your advice, as you said it is her account, not those who are pushing her in the wrong direction.

RiffRaff

« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2009, 09:48:13 PM »
Why would anyone give an opinion if they didn't think they were right Roo?

**cupie**

« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2009, 09:51:15 PM »
OK Liisa   This is the NSW Crimes Act being examined in a Discussion paper, re: 'stalking', and 'harassment causing distress or detriment'.  

Bear in mind this paper is 2002....Laws have no doubt evolved and grown since then but the definitions don't change... it's a good baseline to build your research on.  I'll find you some updated info on any amendments to this part of the Crimes Act....and in particular cyberstalking when I have time tomorrow...in the meantime, this is a good overview...you just have to apply it to the net..

The definitions are particularly interesting and informative.

http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/lrc.nsf/pages/dp45chp13

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2009, 09:55:04 PM »

Maybe they just like to hear the sound of their own voice? :blah:

Poddy

« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2009, 09:57:19 PM »
Riff,

As we both know, there are a group of people with no other agenda than to give erroneous opinions in the hopes that they cause disruption.
If that is the case, I would find it very disheartening to see that type of creep infiltrating this otherwise peaceful forum.

I live in hopes that any who would be lthose creeps will eventually spit the dummy and go of their own volition.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2009, 09:57:43 PM »

They might be Trolls.

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2009, 10:02:41 PM »
Yeah....and what Tello said ^^^^^ :roflmao:

There are also those that I call mud slingers.....throw enough of it...and some is sure to stick... ;)

RiffRaff

« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2009, 10:05:30 PM »
So anyone that offers a differing opinion to that of the admin team here is a creep or a troll who just likes the sound of their own voice?

Brilliant !!!

I'll be sure to spread the word.

ernest_price

« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2009, 10:06:32 PM »
Margo - please just come clean. It's getting embarassing.

**cupie**

« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2009, 10:07:54 PM »
 :rofl:....Hi ernie

Poddy

« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2009, 10:09:04 PM »
Riff,

Now why would you want to do that?

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2009, 10:11:04 PM »
The hope of causing disruption is certainly one of the defining elements of a troll.

The content of a troll posting generally falls into one of several categories. It may consist of an apparently foolish contradiction of common knowledge, a deliberately offensive insult to the readers of a newsgroup or mailing list, or a broad request for trivial follow-up postings. The result of such postings is frequently a flood of angry responses. In some cases, the follow-up messages posted in response to a troll can constitute a large fraction of the contents of a newsgroup or mailing list for as long as several weeks. These messages are transmitted around the world to thousands of computers, wasting network resources and costing money for people who pay to download email or receive Usenet news. Troll threads also frustrate people who are trying to carry on substantive discussions.

People post such messages to get attention, to disrupt discussion, and to make trouble. The best response to a troll is no response. If you post a follow-up message, you are contributing to the resulting clamor and most likely delighting the troller. Before posting a response, consider the following questions:

* Have responses already been posted by others?

* Will my post add any information that others are not likely to be aware of already?

* Is the issue resolvable, or will discussion turn into name-calling?

* Should I send private email instead of posting publicly?

* Will I later regret the contents of what I am posting?

Please deal with trolls constructively, and do not participate in trolling. You will help make mailing lists and online forums much more enjoyable venues for discussion.

This is the definition as per Indiana University's Knowledge Base.

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2009, 10:11:40 PM »
So anyone that offers a differing opinion to that of the admin team here is a creep or a troll who just likes the sound of their own voice?

Brilliant !!!

I'll be sure to spread the word.

Noooo...a differing opinion is always welcome.

It's opinions that are made up bits of rubbish that aren't wanted or needed.

There is a difference.... ;)

RiffRaff

« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2009, 10:14:50 PM »
You do realise Roo that occasionally, not everything your friends say is going to be correct just because they are your friends.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2009, 10:15:26 PM »
It's opinions that are made up bits of rubbish that aren't wanted or needed.

So's ebay policies.....

Poddy

« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2009, 10:15:28 PM »
You are quite right Roo.

It is FALSE opions that are painted as truth that are the obnoxious tools of the trolls

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2009, 10:18:57 PM »
Liisa has at least the tools now by which she can make an informed decision about her options. I firmly believe in being aware of the possibilities. Making a decision in ignorance of what avenues are available might well be detrimental to one's best interests.

RiffRaff

« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2009, 10:20:30 PM »
Poddy, that is laughable.

I'd suggest you go back and read liisa's comments to me early in this thread. There is no arguement between us. It's Liisa's thread and I gave her my opinion.

So why the attack???

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2009, 10:20:43 PM »
You do realise Roo that occasionally, not everything your friends say is going to be correct just because they are your friends.

Well....that is a very astute and deep thought there Riff! :o

Lucky I pick my friends wisely..lol

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2009, 10:22:47 PM »
Poddy, that is laughable.

I'd suggest you go back and read liisa's comments to me early in this thread. There is no arguement between us. It's Liisa's thread and I gave her my opinion.

So why the attack???

Lighten up Riff!

He wasn't talking about you...lol ;)

RiffRaff

« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2009, 10:25:39 PM »
Three separate comments on that post Roo ;) Not all directed at Poddy.

Poddy

« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2009, 10:26:39 PM »
Roo,

Maybe Riff is thinking of the old saying..........you know the one........."If the shoe fits........"

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2009, 10:29:00 PM »
Sorry Riff....but I read your post 3 times...just to be sure.

It still looks like you were accusing Poddy of attacking YOU!

Poddy

« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2009, 10:29:45 PM »
Oh and perhaps Riff like the ambiguity od statements, SOME people use that tactic to sidestep any detrimental comments back.

They can then say "thats not what I meant"

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2009, 10:31:41 PM »
Let's get something straight here....

RiffRaff

« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2009, 10:33:20 PM »
Take your pick Poddy. I write what I mean.

Roo, the attacks appear to be coming from a number of your friends.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2009, 10:34:15 PM »
Poor Liisa will be wondering where this thread's next off-road expedition will take us!

Please help to keep it on track.

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2009, 10:37:56 PM »
Take your pick Poddy. I write what I mean.

Roo, the attacks appear to be coming from a number of your friends.

What attacks????

Examples please....

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2009, 10:38:21 PM »
Please help to keep it on track.

You bet!

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2009, 10:40:10 PM »
Thanks, Tello. It may be smashed, but it's ON TRACK!

Just to reiterate - I am asking everyone who posts on this thread to keep in mind the topic, and try to stay true to the topic.

Poddy

« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2009, 10:41:12 PM »
OH! Dear !

Do I detect a touch of paranoia from certain quaters??

Now to be back on track, I have first hand knowledge of unfair sanctions on eBay.

Once you are targted by a particular group you better head for cover, and it has NOTHING to do with board policy