Author Topic: Another day Another slap...  (Read 55046 times)

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
Re: Another day Another slap...
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2009, 10:43:36 PM »
tessa is serious!

"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2009, 10:43:36 PM »
You're a party pooper Countess! :neener:

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2009, 10:44:05 PM »
Liisa's recent experiences seem to coincide with the return of another poster. That isn't definitive proof that that poster is the reporter, of course... It's suggestive but not conclusive.

If it's someone else, it does seem odd. Who would target Liisa? She is a valued, loved, highly respected person, always helpful and always a delight.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

**cupie**

« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2009, 10:45:18 PM »
Who indeed...sometimes it's the one you least expect.....

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2009, 10:45:29 PM »
Sorry, Roo - I know, I know, "party pooper" says it all...

Has anyone else received a spate of sanctions such as Liisa described?
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2009, 10:48:18 PM »
Who indeed...sometimes it's the one you least expect.....

Poddy

« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2009, 10:52:37 PM »
Contessa, from past experience, It is not just one individual poster that does the majoriety of reporting but a cartel.

They pick a victim and then go all out to destroy them, most of the reported posts are not in violation of policy.

The sheer volume of reporters and reported posts is enough to get the person sanctioned.

Appeals do no good in those cases because no one wants to read through the vast number of reports and reported posts, It is easier to just use a canned response saying 'Sanction upheld" end of story

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2009, 10:54:54 PM »
Sorry, Roo - I know, I know, "party pooper" says it all...

Has anyone else received a spate of sanctions such as Liisa described?

Yep... :green:

Did you know that the word 'Termite' is a norty word according to Ebay?

A single post...with just one word...lol

The last one I got the other week was a really nice reply to a poster that posted a pic  and alluded that it was some of the posters on the forum.

I just said something like...'That's a really lovely pic of You, Shuggy and Babs'..... :evil:

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2009, 11:01:00 PM »
Ok...I'm off the puter for a bit...Lil Roo wants some time on it before bed and I need to get the washing machine fired up.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2009, 11:02:28 PM »
I was dinged for this:

Seriously.....no humor over there!

Give 'em enuff rope.......

**cupie**

« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2009, 11:11:03 PM »
Seriously.....no humor over there!

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2009, 11:14:15 PM »
Have you seen how folks are being treated on OZRT???

OMG, you should see it, it's terrible!!!!!!

Compliments of the EB RT thread!! Relates quite well - don't you think? (22:14)

RiffRaff

« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2009, 11:20:51 PM »
I think it was Roo who mentioned earlier 'mud sticks'.

Poddy

« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2009, 11:39:04 PM »
Isn't it unfortunate that there are those that just love to sling the 'mud of false assertion' indiscriminately in the hopes that some may stick.

Those simple fools lack the intelligence to realize that they are confirming that they are indeed fools.

The same can be said of untruthful and malicious reporters, unfortunately eBay do not really care if a report is malicious, untruthful or in violation of any policy.

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2009, 01:04:24 AM »

I don't believe how many times this show is played out.....flick the channel Tello....

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2009, 01:12:07 AM »
Yibster .... Where have you been hiding tonight?

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2009, 01:22:52 AM »
Sorry this is a scroller -

I value everyone's opinions, and all the different viewpoints, I admire and have a great deal of respect for all of you, I want that to be known up front and with great clarity.

We do not have to agree with each other, that's the beauty of being an individual, from many perspectives come great things, so please I ask all of you, lets stand together as a band of individuals, not just here, but wherever we interact with others... respecting the colourful and diverse perspectives of all posters, love or loathe it is a valid view point from where someone sits, and yes... sometimes it's hard to accept the criticism of replies formed with honest intentions and not become too passionate.

So please lets not be cross with each other, this would upset me far more than some unhappy person justifying their existance by targeting me for reasons known only to themselves.

The less obvious point I have failed to add clearly, which in turn may clarify my "stalking" statement, the issue is that I have been sent messages Via Ebay messaging by several (I assume) throw away ID's in conjunction with the sudden reporting of my posts following shortly after.

Why? I have no earthly idea, absolutely none.

A few posters here and on Ebay Knew this additional information some did not, the reporting of my posts kicked off with me stating that the person stalking me should cease, this seemed to have inflamed the issue with a staccato of rapid post reporting in reply to my plea.

I really must try not to be so ambiguous, a flaw of mine unfortunately, I will try to be more concise.

I have had no argument nor harsh words of any kind with anyone, no war of words, no nit picking, no sniping or jibe, no purchase gone wrong, it simply is not my style not now nor will it be ever.

In fact usually I post very little, just a snippet here and there really, sometimes I do not post for long periods of time.

Why this individual or individuals suddenly took it upon themselves to send me nasty mail I do not know, this is NOT just about the slaps, were it that alone, no big, I would appeal and move on, being ever mindful not to Breach Ebay Forum Policy with extreme care, and in fact were it the slaps alone, you probably would not have even heard about this matter other than a quiet.. "grumble" and a silent appeal process.

It is however quite alarming though that this person or persons have the capability to affect my buying and purchasing should they succeed to the point where my account is banned completely.

We cannot forget a great many of the RT (and of course others) have had a plethora of slaps for very vague and harmless reasons as well, Poor Lionrose springs to mind and her husband.

Moderation is necessary but not when ill policed and automated.

This is about being targeted for no good reason, on the Forums (and yes I concede I breached policy inadvertently on two posts) I will not be appealing those two posts, and targeted via messaging, but that leaves 6 unwarranted slaps remaining.

The messaging aspect was reported, I got an automated response, that had NO bearing on the subject I reported and a customer service survey in my email, none of which changed a thing, thus I am persuing another avenue to have this behaviour halted, I am careful to note all information and to make informed and intelligent decisions based on fact and appropriate courses of action while remaining level headed and rational and not expecting the earth to move for me just because I was wronged, I do expect to be treated as a loyal customer with some rights.

Riff once again you are absolutely right, Ebay is a business, they can do whatever they like, sometimes it just seems that the decisions are counterproductive for all concerned and the care they extend to their customers seems to dwindle, we cannot help but be passionate about things sometimes, which can cloud our vision of the cold harsh light of reality in the business world.

So there you have it, in the scheme of life, the big picture, this is but a tiny thing and I most certainly could walk away without further issue and likely not give it another thought, I could simply delete those messages as they arrive in my Ebay inbox, and cease posting until they have forgotten me and are off seeking another person to target.

But ... would I be remiss in having this person/s held somehow accountable for their actions, or at least try?

Should I look apon their next victim and think ..well... at least it's not me...

I can cope, it does not frighten or intimidate me.. I have coped all my life with far far worse than this little hiccough on lifes highway....

but can the next target ?.....
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2009, 01:58:50 AM »
Liisa...I wish you all the success in the world with your endeavors to halt this happening to others.... I know personally of another husband and wife member who has been targeted for no reason other than posting, this member emailed me and pleaded to help them understand why they were singled out, I only knew the id from reading their posts, and they never ever said a bad word about anyone, there email was heart felt, their eBay business suffered as a consequence in false bids with no payment, charge backs and other disruptive actions, I gave all the assistance I could, but in the end all they could do was stop posting and lay low under the radar till another target was acquired, I now have new friends and keep in contact with them as they are really nice people, I sincerely hope you achieve the result you want, but deep down I feel we are helpless when this happens......may you succeed.         

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2009, 02:03:10 AM »
Lisa,

Very eloquent and heart felt words.  Thank you.  It is obvious you have a well balanced objective mind and have approached this whole issue from that point of view from the beginning and also to stop others from suffering this injustice. 

I don't think like the rest of us you have any wish to knock Ebay at all and your posts certainly don't convey this.  We would all like Ebay to be a place where we can trade and post and feel safe.  And my personal opinion is that if Ebay opens up a public forum for all members then each and everyone of those members are entitled to feel safe and you are not exception. 

I know Ebay as a business is entitled to do what they want, however they have provided these forums but as far as I can see are not managing the issues created by this and because of this injustices have arisen and other issues that are against the Australia law such as cyber stalking and intimidation.   

1.  At a minimum, Ebay need to have an adequate appeals process or shut the public forums down. 

2.  I don't know how the law stands when it comes to harassing emails as I am not a legal person, but at a minimum, I believe that the person/s who sent those emails are personally answerable under the law and there has been cases where people who have done this have been bought to justice, so not only is there a law against this, there is also precedence, upon which the application of the law relies.

And to top it all off, why should an innocent and well meaning person such as Lisa be targeted.  This goes against the law of natural justice and is something that the law also takes into consideration.

Lisa, I am right behind you and thank you for being courageous enough to see this through.

:duckling:

jonnjenn

• Knight
« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2009, 10:43:24 AM »
Interesting thread ?(haven't been here for a while)

I received 2 slaps for saying liisa was being targetted by the gang of 7 and their hangers on.
Previously davefishing and ozgirl had messaged me  presumably in the hope of eliciting overreactions from me.
Based on my experience in April masked zeller seems to have  a "special"immunity .

Time to go a weeding (garden beds!) while  the sun shines.
Regards John.

**cupie**

« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2009, 11:40:55 AM »
Riff once again you are absolutely right, Ebay is a business, they can do whatever they like, sometimes it just seems that the decisions are counterproductive for all concerned and the care they extend to their customers seems to dwindle, we cannot help but be passionate about things sometimes, which can cloud our vision of the cold harsh light of reality in the business world.

No Lisa, can't agree...once again, Riff is not absolutely right....and ebay extend absolutely no 'care' to their customers on any level from what I've seen.

Does anyone imagine that Ebay was entitled to do whatever they liked when they attempted to breach the TPA with their notified conduct?

Does anyone imagine that it's OK, for any corporate entity to sit by and watch as consumers are defrauded by unverified sellers? or stalked by similarly unverified members?  

Anyone ever heard the term 'Duty of Care'?  OK, let's bring it to reality...let's just say, you went to Paddy's market and every time you went there you were mugged......do you think that the Market Authority would have no accountability in mitigating this criminal activity in their marketplace?  

And if the same 'venue' stood by and did nothing while shoppers were being stalked around their marketplace by individuals hurling abuse and inciting others to join into their gutless gang bashing......does anyone imagine that the Market Authority would be devoid of any responsibility for failing in their duty of care to provide a safe marketplace?  

The fact that these things happen on a cyber marketplace quite regularly, makes no difference.  Stalking is a crime.......Cyber Stalking is a descriptive term for the way that stalking is carried out, it's not a legal term as such....but it's still stalking.  Just like assault is still assault, whether physical or mental, specific or implied.  Just because it's on the net makes no difference.   See recent Victorian case.

And as for the next victim?  bit late for that mate.....this conduct has been going on for years...and ebay is well aware of it.......and it's not just the ones you suspect....The Trolls come in both colours and they don't care who they target.

Tell you what Liisa...I'm currently researching legal remedies and evidence requirements of stalking under NSW laws and Federal laws etc (I'm sure I don't need to elucidate on the what and whom do I?).......I'll forward you links to all of the current data for what it's worth...

lady rose

• Rosieloins/Katyettes
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2009, 01:24:40 PM »
I feel for you liisa, I have been through this many times, think I have been banned at least 5 times once for life LOL.
Shane is useless and in the end would not answer my emails, I once like you said hello and shane would not lift my ban.
I guess I am just not of ebays inner circle LOL

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2009, 02:46:05 PM »
I feel for you liisa, I have been through this many times, think I have been banned at least 5 times once for life LOL.
Shane is useless and in the end would not answer my emails, I once like you said hello and shane would not lift my ban.
I guess I am just not of ebays inner circle LOL

Hi Lion, (((R)))... I've been following your progress over the last few weeks and see you are recovering well, slow but recovering and that's the main thing, remember..... if you feel uncomfortable on the Ebay forums you are always welcomed here with open arms, I find it help's to be absent from there from time to time to gather your thoughts, it's good to alternate between the two sites, you can discuss things here they restrict you with over there, and in my opinion we have the most experienced ebayer's around for accurate information if you have ebay related questions, Ebay word bot's can't get you here, this is the most tolerant site I frequent and you will never get slapped... unless you virtually kill someone!...a virtual murder?...hmmm?..LOL... I just wish all the mis-information would stop about this site... I personally feel very safe here as I can say what I think and not worry about retribution from the obsessed troll's or word bot's....God's speed with the recovery....kind regards .....The Yibster...

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2009, 08:43:37 PM »

so....how long before we get back on the main road again....               

Poddy

« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2009, 08:52:22 PM »
Yibi,

Yes we should get back on topic, there was another thread that was more appropriate to where is going but one of the paticipants likes to get as much public exposure as he can.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2009, 12:36:36 AM »
The topic is slaps without recourse.

Please do not disrespect Liisa's thread by hijacking.  :hijack: Remember that Ubbrd has been longing to add to his keelhauling record...  :keelhaul:

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2009, 12:41:41 AM »
This thread was locked.
What-change of heart?

Never seen that board action before....

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2009, 12:42:54 AM »
Liisa -

We do not have to agree with each other, that's the beauty of being an individual, from many perspectives come great things, so please I ask all of you, lets stand together as a band of individuals, not just here, but wherever we interact with others... respecting the colourful and diverse perspectives of all posters, love or loathe it is a valid view point from where someone sits, and yes... sometimes it's hard to accept the criticism of replies formed with honest intentions and not become too passionate.

So please lets not be cross with each other, this would upset me far more than some unhappy person justifying their existance by targeting me for reasons known only to themselves.

Loved your post! Beautifully put - and thankyou for sharing it!

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2009, 12:43:49 AM »
Tello..... are you new to this place??? Mystical things do happen!  ;D

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2009, 12:45:06 AM »
I suppose yer right!

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2009, 01:04:44 AM »
Tello's been around here for a few weeks ... and he has presented us with a style of his own....

Never pedestrian, always enthusiastic and sometimes inscrutable... except when it comes to drums!

Poddy

« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2009, 01:06:59 AM »
Brumby you forgot to add

'Sometimes out of his cotton pickin' gourd'

heheheheh

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2009, 01:10:30 AM »
Yeah, yeah.....

How can I make a buck on my newfound fame?

Also, just so you know: NOT ALL Americans should be held to my standards.
I can't handle the competition..... ;D

Poddy

« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2009, 01:13:42 AM »
Tello,
We hold you way above any mere American, that way you can do your daily evacuations over the average mundane uninteresting American :)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2009, 01:14:37 AM »
Liisa, can I echo what Brumby said? You expressed yourself with honesty and eloquence.

It will be interesting to see what avenues of appeal may open now.

:please: :please: :please: :please: :please:

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2009, 01:16:05 AM »
you can do your daily evacuations

What's that mean? It sounds nasty.

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2009, 01:26:40 AM »
you can do your daily evacuations

What's that mean? It sounds nasty.

Means your cool Tello, you got a style all your own, people come from all over the world just to read your thread here...pity you can't make a buck outta it... maybe you can put links to your own site and then sell advertising on it?.....I'll be your manager...Trust me...hehehehe...would I lie to ya?..

Poddy

« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2009, 01:27:23 AM »
Ummm Tello,

The put it very bluntly..............that way you can do your daily defecation and empty your bladder  

Without being too crude hahahahahahha

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2009, 01:32:58 AM »
people (i.e. LURKERS?) come from all over the world just to read your thread here..

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2009, 01:35:09 AM »
Trust me...hehehehe...would I lie to ya?..

I'd have to see your straight face, first.......

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2009, 01:36:37 AM »
Trust me...hehehehe...would I lie to ya?..

I'd have to see your straight face, first.......

Poddy

« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2009, 01:37:03 AM »
Anyway no more hijacking Grrrrrr

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2009, 01:41:05 AM »
Yeah, Yib! This means you. Take yer Freak Show over to my house.....I need the big numbers on the view counter!

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2009, 02:05:33 AM »
Thread hijackers - hands up. You will be frisked by a large and very butch guy in a pink ballerina outfit.

Back to Liisa's thread...

Has anything been posted yet on the eBay forums about how to appeal unfair slaps?

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2009, 02:17:00 AM »
You will be frisked by a large and very butch guy in a pink ballerina outfit.

That's creative. Bring it on!

Has anything been posted yet on the eBay forums about how to appeal unfair slaps?

That's the stuff "Poofed Posts" are made of........

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2009, 02:24:05 AM »
Shane was someone who at the very least did look at the tsunami of appeals that washed up on his shores. His email box was - I know - stuffed to overflowing. He has probably long since become fed up with the work involved... I would suggest he did not always make the right decision, being human, overworked, working for eBay and having to therefore work within its corporate guidelines. But he very often DID overturn slaps that deserved to be overturned.

I don't think he addressed Liisa's issues fairly, based on what Liisa's mentioned. I don't think he's had the time or leisure to address those issues, given the fact that he's now no longer employed by eBay as a moderator for the AU forums.

But what happens now? It's all up in the air, from what I gather. I hope that this doesn't result in a spate of nasty reporting while there's no way to have the malicious-reports-resulted-in-automatic-slaps overturned.

Liisa, if you're able to mention any sort of response you receive from Mr Feiler, that would be heartening.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2009, 02:31:40 AM »
Has anyone suggested maybe ya'll should just bail from the ebay boards & get the hell out of eDodge???

Ah! Simplicity in all of its complexies!!!!!

Just sayin'.

daffy

« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2009, 09:52:51 AM »
Has anyone suggested maybe ya'll should just bail from the ebay boards & get the hell out of eDodge???

Ah! Simplicity in all of its complexies!!!!!

Just sayin'.

LOL, too much common sense!

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2009, 01:14:08 PM »
Just another example.

Looks like someone else has had a similar situation to mine occur recently too

http://forums.ebay.com.au/topic/Community-Spirit/Thank-You/500112813

They replied in a similar fashion to mine but no slap or post removal as I received,(in the above link) as I previously mentioned the moderating is not consistant, I do hope however for this persons sake they can dodge the mods and malicious reporters.

I had again replied to slaps I received to appeal the decision and still no reply from the Mods or DF.

Currently 2 Emails to DF
12 Emails to mods (replies to individual slaps)
No reply to any of the above.

Complaints to Ebay regarding unwanted abuse messages (report this message) Got a canned response and a lot of email spam advertising Ebay and another customer service survey. (never received Ebay spam before).

One Email to Shane (now gone) he replied with an ill thought canned response, with inaccurate details.

As I understand it there is no real right of reply to mod decisions via Ebay currently, they are working on changes to the reply and appeal system..when they know what it might be they will let us know via an announcement (phone call to ebay).

I will keep you posted on any progress.
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2009, 04:59:23 PM »
Hi everyone,

Please note that the new email address for any moderation appeals is aumoderation@ebay.com.

Appeals sent to any other email address will not be actioned.

I'm now locking this thread so this post can be easily found.

Regards
Michelle
The eBay team