Author Topic: Another day Another slap...  (Read 55022 times)

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Another day Another slap...
« on: July 16, 2009, 02:36:26 PM »
I just recieved two slaps for mentioning the word "Amazon" on Ebay au boards in two seperate posts... they claimed I was posting links.. ridiculous, it was where i said Ebay is trying to follow an Amazon format I assume.... GRRR

For "Advertising merchandise, listings, services or commercial web sites, including
offers to trade, or charitable solicitations."

This is a copy of my post below-

Strip mall here we come, Amazon..er sorry Ebay we have
seen this coming, you are pushing out all the Mom and dad
sellers in favour of all those selling shiny new items
aka strip mall, more disruptive innovation.

Idiots...
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Another day Another slap...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 02:42:11 PM »
It seems that reporters are still roaming the wild corridors of eBay's forums. But that is such a SILLY slap, Liisa. Have you tried appealing it, or have you given up with a feeling of overwhelming lassitude in the face of moderation based upon reported posts not actually being read?
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

**cupie**

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 03:38:10 PM »

Amazon, Amazon..Am, Am Amazon
Amazon, Amazon..Am, Am Amazon

Amazo...o...on

**cupie**

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 04:06:50 PM »

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 04:12:20 PM »
It seems that reporters are still roaming the wild corridors of eBay's forums. But that is such a SILLY slap, Liisa. Have you tried appealing it, or have you given up with a feeling of overwhelming lassitude in the face of moderation based upon reported posts not actually being read?

I'm not sure an appeal would make a difference, someone has been stalking me around the boards either way, I have also recieved some unpleasant IM's on ebay, those I did report.. not sure how they take offence at me saying Hi on Ebay au occasionaly.. go figure.

Also I am pretty sure that anyone posting the facts on the hot topics board gets it removed pretty quickly..

EBAY... we value your opinion only if we agree with it.... asshats, they are not even smart enough to realise we WANT ebay to prosper in turn making us all happy..again.. Asshats.

**cupie**

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 04:20:30 PM »

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 04:30:03 PM »
can anyone confirm the legitimacy of this address for ebay?

ebayfeedback@echosurvey.com

Thanks

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 04:32:13 PM »
Liisa, I will check when I get home tonight. It does sound familiar... but I need to look at my emails before I can confirm it for certain.

(My head is pounding - perhaps I went back to work too soon...?)
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 04:59:28 PM »
Ok well whoever reported EVERY Post i have made on the Ebay forums is an anatomical conundrum, really they need to get a life, what a nasty twisted little nobody they are.

How Ebay can hand me a slap for saying HELLO to someone is beyond me.

I am now up to slap 7, good job you insufferable, twisted little fool.

A Saint you are NOT.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 05:07:11 PM »
Ouch, Liisa... It's such nasty behaviour. Try not to let it upset you - and use this soothing lotion in the meantime.

:lepink:

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 05:08:02 PM »

Can someone provide me with a direct email link to an Ebay mod with half a brain and a decent reply capacity I can speak to directly and not go through the automated ebay reply email, thanks.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 05:12:08 PM »
shaneoz@ebay.com - if he's still around.

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 05:13:42 PM »
Thankyou I will forward all information to Shane, not only that but I will be seeking police Assistance RE: stalking laws, this WILL stop, and I will not let it go.

They picked the wrong person this time, and if they feel that using a throwaway ID to maliciously report will make them immune they can guess again, they are STILL traceable no matter how smug they think they are.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 05:24:20 PM »
I'm with you all the way on this, Liisa. I do not like and will not support in any way the harassment or trolling of members. It's certainly despicable behaviour, attempting to hide behind anonymity and/or online names, and it may well be criminal behaviour. You have the right to post without fear on the eBay forums. Partly, it was my concern that this basic right was not being upheld to the fullest extent on the eBay AU forums that contributed to my reluctance to post there again.

Let me know if you need any assistance, Liisa. You may need some legal advice to make certain you're pursuing the correct action; we're not devoid of contacts.

**cupie**

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 05:27:56 PM »
Well Lisa...sounds like someone has you in the sights of their narp gun....don't stop at Shane mate....go to one of the horses.....????

dfeiler@ebay.com

Now, when you argue this, also point out that the punitive (and largely erroneous) notifications you receive, threaten your consumer access with no appeals process or dispute resolution process in sight.......and yet....they're erroneous and therefore they represent 'malicious reporting'....aka harassment........Fair? well no, but this is what you can expect if a malicious troll....or several decide to make you their target.....don't worry..you're in good company.  Nasty aren't they?  Who's got the troll spray handy..???

:troll:

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 05:38:38 PM »
Thank you kindly for the responses, Daniel will indeed be hearing from me, as will my local media Outlet, they always like a spot of news and as Stalking is a hot topic I am sure they will be delighted to pick it up.

I will do just that Countessa, if you have some pointers on which direction to head I will be very grateful, this is just the sort of thing my researchers brain likes to sink it's teeth into.

To the troll -
I hope you have good legal advice :) and hiding behind the anominity of a fake ID will not stop you being traced.

The police Stalking and Fraud Squad have extreme methods of tracing such people, and I am not without some extensive resources don't let your smugness trip you up.  Nothing is ever so black and WHITE.

You are a blight to humanity.

imperfect

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 05:48:38 PM »
Everybodies getting into the act!!

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 05:58:21 PM »
Oh I might add, that on the surface this might seem like an O.T.T knee jerk  :drama: but it's been going on for some time, and I feel it's for the good of ALL posters that I pursue this to avoid anyone else suffering at the hands of such people.

I do not normally react so strongly , I have big girl panties and a level head but enough is enough, too many have suffered under the finger of these sorts of people.

**cupie**

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 06:01:53 PM »
There are so many of them Lisa.....how can you tell the Hatfields from the McCoys?  

RiffRaff

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 06:16:20 PM »
Liisa. It's worthwhile noting that at the moment, eBay staff will be watching the boards like hawks (putting out fires). You may not have a troll following you around, it may be eBay staff. Post within board policy, appeal if it's warranted and you won't get slapped. I'd hate to see you waste time and money because you were advised to pursue the matter.

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 06:29:06 PM »
Hi Riffy,

I'm pretty sure its malicious..

one post I made said "omg where are my posts" it went poof.

On another thread a post I made merely saying "Hi guys *waves* similarly went poof,.

Another post politely asking that the person reporting my posts ceased doing so also went "poof".

Another for supposedly posting links and advertising when all I did was conversationally state the similarity in ebay and amazon RE: the new upcoming BIN formats... also Poof...and might I add many others posted more harshly using the same word "amazon" and they remained.

and other posts no worse, nothing abrasive, nothing argumentative, nothing that was a dispute with anyone else, no harsh words, nothing...

Oh and the latter posts on RT were vanishing within seconds of me posting them there at 4-5am US time so yes malicious reporting and an Automated  Mod team.

I also will not be wasting money pursuing it, I'll be taking one step at a time, baby steps, seeking resolution as I go, I don't think.. should it come to the ulimate conclusion that if I contacted police RE: stalking it would incur a fee unless it went to court.

I know it might seem a little overzealous, but if I am to be curtailed for no reason, I would like to at least attempt to seek some form of justice and the person responsible held accountable in some fashion.

RiffRaff

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 06:38:47 PM »
No worries Liisa. It would pay to have a look at the policy though. You can be slapped for referring to removed posts. Saying 'Hi' can be deemed 'off topic' and of course using the word Amazon is against policy (regardless of an active link or not). Good luck with it if your appeals are unsuccessful.

ernest_price

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 06:40:27 PM »
Just remember that posting about a post that's been removed is a cause for pinkbotification and removal of the new post. Quite a few have been caught with that one.

EDIT: SNIPED by Riff :)

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2009, 07:00:59 PM »
Well I have taped up my mouth and Eyes and broken all my fingers so that I comply with Ebay's Forum policies, even though they are extremely inconsistant as others can post violating far more of Ebay's forum rules in the same threads, above and below mine.

I will concede that if I scrutinize my posts to the N'th degree, I have a violation in there somewhere, no matter how unintentional or slight, I will avoid saying the words Amazon again, does that mean I cannot post any other site name or brand name etc conversationally, like those mentioned in the hundreds by other posters every day in every thread. (by the way this paragraph is just a little footstamp at Ebay not the posters here lol)

Riff, I understand what your saying I truly do and yes it's a different perspective, but as you said it COULD be an ebay moderator following me across the boards looking for some reason, even the tiniest infraction to slap me..(gut tells me unlikely) but why and what could have drawn me to their attention to want to do so when so many others are going hell for leather and being as nasty as possible and getting away with it.

So many questions so few answers lol

again thanks for the input guys as always valued, appreciated and definately taken on board.

**cupie**

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009, 07:15:51 PM »
Id like to see that advice posted on the reunion thread......lmao...

Lisa if you must post over there, you need to remember........

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2009, 07:24:12 PM »
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

some_other_bozo

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2009, 08:45:01 PM »
YAY!!!

I finally got a slap

I feel like Im one of the in crowd....and all i had to do was to agree with someone that selling on another site might be a better option.

Looks like the pinks were ready for a backlash this time

BOZO

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2009, 08:45:55 PM »
Tello your eyes make my posts hurt  :roflmao:

Poor Bozo, perhaps we could start an I have been slapped itty bitty botty comittee lol

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2009, 08:49:30 PM »
Good onya bozo, welcome to the "slap club".

some_other_bozo

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2009, 08:59:26 PM »
Thanks ubbrd

*high fives all round*

think i'll shoot for ebali next....never been there

BOZO

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2009, 09:00:55 PM »
I am sure I've seen a "Pink Slap Club" badge somewhere...

some_other_bozo

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2009, 09:01:26 PM »
Prepare the BOZOs for battle  :warrior:

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2009, 02:37:33 AM »
I am sure I've seen a "Pink Slap Club" badge somewhere...

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2009, 05:06:08 AM »
Thankyou Tello, I shall wear it with pride.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2009, 05:42:04 AM »
Careful. It's stolen merchandise.
I swiped it off the Soapbox.

daffy

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2009, 10:37:41 AM »
I think Riff gave you the best advice. He is a voice of reason.

Ebay is not the only forum that moderates, at least with ebays forums the moderators have no personal agendas to incite unjust moderation, they are just following guidelines. Wait until you visit a site where freedom of speech is promoted (as long as it suits their agendas), that is a real eye opener!

**cupie**

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2009, 10:45:37 AM »
Thanks ubbrd

*high fives all round*

think i'll shoot for ebali next....never been there

BOZO

Hi bozo.....here's a preview .........to get you in the mood...

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2009, 12:24:58 PM »
Hey Bozo, I think I better issue you a Barret 50 cal, it sorts out malicious reporters & illiterate Pinks.

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2009, 01:31:14 PM »
Here Lisa & Bozo,

This may help your botties...  apply unsparingly....  (I am also led to believe it tastes nice)

:lepink:
:duckling:

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2009, 04:30:13 PM »
Well I placed my appeals and they were rejected with the following incorrect excuse:

I have reviewed the recent warnings that were issued to you and can confirm that they were issued correctly and will remain in place.
I understand that you were upset with having your posts removed but unfortunately you made two mistakes.  Firstly, you reposted the following post that had been removed which is a no-no

That statement is a blatant lie as I did not repost anything period.

Then you continued to comment on another poster reporting your posts and in doing so you were in violation of our policy relating to hostile comments/interpersonal disputes;

OK so that one does breach policy but and a huge BUT.. my words were -
To the person stalking me and maliciously seeking to report my posts I suggest you stop or it will be reported to Ebay.

It seems that I cannot even make a comment to stop an illegal activity.

ON other slaps it was stated -

You were posting Links and or advertising other sites.....

Another outright Lie

As I posted ambiguously stating that the new Ebay Disruptions due in September were Ebay heading down an Amazon-esq path for trading.

There were also no less than 20 other posters saying the same thing and far far worse.

Other posts I received that were general conversation with NO personal disputes and or links, advertising or other breaches were also removed, I received NO response to the appeal on those, I also contacted Shane directly and he omitted to comment on the others, I have since emailed him again in reply and NO response and I will not hold my breath waiting for one.

They cannot make the rules up as they go along and they cannot allow people to stalk others and punish the victims.

I had 8 slaps...8, and only 2 were commented on and no reply is forthcoming for any of the other 6 appeals.

Oddly though despite all the slaps I do not appear to be forum banned as yet...I did a test post then self reported it to see if I was banned or not, having said that I am not currently prepared to post in case my "Hi guys" gets a slap again.

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2009, 04:34:19 PM »
Lisa I am utterly appalled and disgusted at this.

I wish I could say that this is an unusual occurance, but we all know it isn't.  

Words fail me.  (doesn't happen too often he he)

I feel sick.   :sick:

Ebay what are you going to do about this appalling treatment of your genuine members?

**cupie**

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2009, 04:36:18 PM »
As I said.......

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2009, 04:39:10 PM »
Liisa, since Shane's last day has come, I doubt he's given your email the attention it deserves. I'm truly sorry to hear about this. You do deserve better.

Whoever's been reporting you probably has personal problems and is a deeply unhappy individual. That's no comfort to you... but you're among friends here, Liisa.  :console:

May the person who's been indulging in this unfair reporting spree find him/herself surrounded by rough pineapples. :roughend:

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2009, 04:44:30 PM »
May the person who's been indulging in this unfair reporting spree find him/herself surrounded by rough pineapples.

Keelhaul the bugguh!

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2009, 05:01:38 PM »
Thank you, everyone.

All of you here and on the Ebay RT thread have been incredibly supportive and it is indeed very humbling to have so many supportive friends.

Sadly Countessa, you are correct regarding my email appeal to Shane.

Changes to the way appeals are handled
18/07/2009 06:55

Hi All,

As today is my last day with eBay, I will no longer be handling appeals for warnings and sanctions. There will be an email address established shortly where appeals can be directed. Once it is active, someone will post the information to the boards.

Regards,

Shane

The eBay team

I guess I am going to have to cop this on the chin as there is currently NO way to appeal to ebay, and given that "there will be an email address established shortly" means there will be NO i repeat NO way of talking to a real person for appeals in the future.

I do however have some other interesting avenues being pursued.. I'll keep you posted on developments.

I am baffled as to why I was given 8 slaps and not Forum banned though...

Fluffy, I agree it IS sickening.

I am post 80/80 In Shane's farewell thread (yes I dared lol) lets see how long it lasts.

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2009, 05:14:23 PM »
Lisa:

:sorry: :tissue: :comfort: :console:  :chocbox: :love: :kisshug: :rose: :-* :-*

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2009, 05:20:42 PM »
Thankyou Fluffy, You are adoreable as always and brought a huge smile to my face!

:thanks:

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2009, 05:24:38 PM »
-- On Thu, 1/15/09, eBay Moderation Team <ModerationTeam@ebay.com> wrote:

Subject: US Discussion Board Policy - NOTICE PROCEDURAL WARNING - BOARD SANCTION - 898sarahg
    To: "898sarahg"
    Date: Thursday, January 15, 2009, 4:23 AM

Hello 898sarahg,

It was a notification that I had all privileges for posting in eBay Discussion Boards, Chat Boards
and the Answer Center revoked. It was for an indefinite period of time. Reason they say is
it was because of violation of this policy:

Including profanity, vulgarity, hate speech, disruptive, or hostile comments,
    interpersonal disputes, or threats of violence in a post.

And Blah blah-blaaaahh.........

- On Wed, 4/15/09, Ron Tello wrote (and I'm allowed to quote this one, because I wrote it):

Subject: Re: US Discussion Board Policy - NOTICE PROCEDURAL WARNING - BOARD SANCTION - 898sarahg
    To: "eBay Moderation Team" <ModerationTeam@ebay.com>
    Date: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 3:21 PM

90 days in the hole. January 15 to April 15.
    Is that enuff time for me to continue to know that I did NO WRONG when this sanction was imposed?

eBay would do well to scrutinize the evil button pushers, rather than to beat-up popular, well-loved posters such as myself.

The canned response list as to why I was booted does NOT apply to my actions. Investigate?
    I have the original posts on file & easy to share.

I can prove my case, but I won't hold out for the hope of anyone really wanting to care about it.

I invite you to checkout my FeedBack.
    See how much money eBay got from me in the past 4 years.

Sanctions are for criminals.
    You have done me wrong.

Can I post to the eBay Forums now, please?

Thank you.
    -RT
    898sarahg

UPDATE:
They ain't talkin' to me anymore.

**cupie**

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2009, 05:30:16 PM »
I guess I am going to have to cop this on the chin as there is currently NO way to appeal to ebay, and given that "there will be an email address established shortly" means there will be NO i repeat NO way of talking to a real person for appeals in the future.

?

And so why not email DF???......You are a consumer of the ebay product, and you have a right to appeal these consumer unfriendly and undeserved sanctions....why does everyone just give up and cop it these days?  

No offense Liisa...but if you don't make a noise, nobody hears you scream.....(Squeaky wheel and all that) Get mad, get writing....unless you forgot....last year sometime Shane confirmed that slaps are cumulative.....which means that they are adding up against your consumer access to an upcoming NARP and then NARU?  

WTF ???.

Who treats consumers like this?  It's more like Gitmo E-Commerce.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2009, 05:32:59 PM »
I have a feeling Liisa's going to pursue other avenues. I will be cheering her on!

I think most of us are with her all the way on this. To be unfairly sanctioned like this, with reasons given that are supported by the evidence, is not right.