Author Topic: IS PAYMATE IN BED WITH PAYPAL?  (Read 44175 times)

Rebel*1*

Re: IS PAYMATE IN BED WITH PAYPAL?
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2010, 02:40:46 AM »
Why don't you all adjourn to your private forum and ask the Adminstrator>  None of of you are it or so I'm informed.  but you have so much to say. funny that !!!!!!!!!!!!  Will the real Admin step forward?

Rebel*1*

« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2010, 02:42:33 AM »
lmao brumby you talk innuendo's?  is there or is there not a private forum where you and Roo and Wheels and other privileged and seemingly empowered members discuss others?

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2010, 02:45:41 AM »
Ducking and weaving.

This is feeling AWFULLY familiar..........

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2010, 02:47:19 AM »
Why don't you all adjourn to your private forum and ask the Adminstrator>  None of of you are it or so I'm informed.  but you have so much to say. funny that !!!!!!!!!!!!  Will the real Admin step forward?

You still like bringing Admin into this .... WHY?

I - as a member - asked YOU - as a member - a very simple question.  It has nothing to do with Admin - unless it's breaching site rules.. Is it?

Rebel*1*

« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2010, 02:49:53 AM »
Admin runs this site, unless you do?  Has something changed?  do you and the elite few now run this site?  Is countessa no longer the admin here? 

Rebel*1*

« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2010, 02:52:44 AM »
Ducking and weaving.

I therefore reiterate:

lmao brumby you talk innuendo's?  is there or is there not a private forum where you and Roo and Wheels and other privileged and seemingly empowered members discuss others?

Who's ducking and weaving?  Is countessa still in control of this site or not?

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2010, 02:54:13 AM »
You still like bringing Admin into this .... WHY?

I - as a member - asked YOU - as a member - a very simple question.  It has nothing to do with Admin - unless it's breaching site rules.. Is it?

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2010, 02:56:28 AM »

Who's ducking and weaving?

Are you seriously asking me that...?

Pointless continuing.  Good night.

Rebel*1*

« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2010, 03:00:03 AM »
Ducking and weaving.

I therefore retiterate:

lmao brumby you talk innuendo's?  is there or is there not a private forum where you and Roo and Wheels and other privileged and seemingly empowered members discuss others?

Who's ducking and weaving?  Is countessa still in control of this site or not?

said again just for the privileged E & C idiots who didn't get it the first time.   Tessa if you are still admin, how can you sanction these unfounded attacks against an otherwise, anonymous member ?  brumby roo and wheels seem to think they have no accountability in their allegations>??  Has admin breached my privacy on that basis therefore?  who knows, I emailed the real admin not the wheels, Roo and Brumby self appointed spokespeople?    Notice how they don't confirm the existence of a private forum where they discuss the rest of us?  LOL

HellWest'nCrooked

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2010, 06:43:49 AM »

Nope.........I have slept on it .....and it has got worse.......!

Interesting about the secret forum.......I don't know about it and as far as I know I am a "general member"....so am just wondering how come you are so sure it exists  Rebel, being a "general member" as well.

Many years ago there was a very funny British comedy show called  "Up the Elephant and around the Castle" or similar.......so if there is a secret forum can I belong to it, it should be a fun place!!

Well......that's just got me fooked!    ( from my post a few pages back)        I would sincerely like to apologise for using that statement.......not my usual terminology.  But I have said it so it will have to stand.
Ain't no rhyme or reason
No complicated meaning

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2010, 08:41:38 AM »
Whoa!!

Rebel, I was the one who called you Cupie in my reply. My post was a suggestion on how to help your friend with trying to get stuff listed on eBay. Nowhere has anyone been derisive, offensive or talking about you. Sorry I bothered to offer my help to you.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2010, 09:21:57 AM »
I've just read through some of the Election thread and thought I'd better come back and read my 'attack' post.

Cupie, eBay now also has the Local Classifieds section for Pick Up only listings. I think the listing and pics are free but I don't know how the FVFs compare.

Umm, 'attack' is hardly the word I would use. Why do you think my post was so offensive and personally attacking you?

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2010, 12:03:07 PM »
Has admin breached my privacy on that basis therefore?

You may find this rather difficult to comprehend, Rebel, but:

1. I am not privy to any information covered by privacy and have only formed any opinions from the style and content of your posts.  If anything, you are simply reinforcing people's suspicions by what you say and how you say it.  One could almost say you are going out of your way to identify yourself ... and then blame others for simply being observant about your posting style and content.

2. I have not made any allegations on your possible alternative identity - what I have said is that I cannot argue against what others have said. Read through my posts again - and if you still can't see that, get a lawyer to explain it to you.

3. It would seem there is more than one person who is puzzled by a simple declaration of the "I know that voice" observation is considered by you as an attack?  Is there something about that ex-member that you find offensive or threatening?

4. I have never made any claim to being a 'spokesperson' - to make such an accusation is desperation in argument and, if viewed negatively, defamatory. If my personal opinion happens to coincide with that of others, then you can claim 'conspiracy theory' all you like - but maybe ... just maybe ... it's because your style and content in communication is perceived in the same way by others.  That would require you to take responsibility for your own actions - something (from the way it comes across to me) you are going so far out of your way to avoid.  Much easier to blame others.  Being objective about onesself is difficult for some.

Personally, I find it rather curious that you have reacted so extremely.... and you keep highlighting an 'issue' that you seem to want to be left alone.

"Methinks the lady doth protest too much".

callostemma

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2010, 02:48:42 PM »
cough    cough
MIsha was victimized on oztion becuase his style was similar to someone -else who had gotten off-side the other members. It can happen. :chair:

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2010, 12:19:33 AM »
I realise this may be slightly in the wrong thread but it is interesting none the less.

Ebay openly admits it deters other payment methods:

A poster on the eBay forums asked eBay why bank deposit was greyed out in the payment options checkout , making it appear unuseable however when clicked on it was functional.

curraone (584)

"Well I stuck my neck out and asked ebay why the payment by bank deposit was significantly different, i.e. greyed out and -- no surprise - they really mean it to be that way ... see their reply":

Email from eBay
I understand you would like the payment options to appear the same for
your customers. I don't see this change being made any time soon.
However you can submit your suggestions through a link I'll provide
below as eBay is always pleased to hear from members of the eBay
community and welcomes their comments regarding eBay's products and
services.

Sending Suggestions to eBay:
Link

We encourage the community to pay with a safe payment method. The
benefits of PayPal, for both buyer and seller, far outweigh the risk of
paying /receiving via bank transfer
. we do not force anyone to use just
PayPal, anyone can use Bank Deposit if they choose. But we are not going
to encourage a payment method that potentially be unsafe.

For more information about our Accepted Payments policy please refer to
the following link:
Link

I realise this may not be what you what to hear; however, but eBay has
this policy in place to protect the community.
I am grateful for the
opportunity to have answered your question to your satisfaction.
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

callostemma

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2010, 08:47:02 AM »
Is paypal really a safer option?
In its defence I must admit I have had the odd payment come back when the seller did not front up with the goods.   I never use it unless I have to.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2010, 11:01:11 AM »
Callo, I always use PayPal for purchases on eBay, unless I have bought from the seller before, or the item price is only small and the seller has good feedback. We've learned the lesson the hard way, paying a seller over $1000 and trusting they will deliver the goods. There is no way to get your money back if you have paid by bank transfer and the seller shuts up shop.

Liisa, we have had several payments by bank deposit in the last week. Obviously some buyers still prefer bank deposit.

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #117 on: August 07, 2010, 12:55:56 AM »
The thing is.. Paypal may well be a safer option, I use it myself.... but to make the visibility of another payment option almost nil and in fact to go so far as to 'trick' people into believing it is not available by making greyed out to appear as if it is inactive is dishonest, then to openly admit they deliberately steer people away from it....

Oddly on the other hand a large number of Sellers are reporting an increase in payment via bank deposit of late..go figure.
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!