Author Topic: Re: What camera/s do you use for what shots?  (Read 5142 times)

shyer

• Knight of the RT
  • from UBB & yib thank you
Re: What camera/s do you use for what shots?
« on: August 26, 2010, 09:14:52 AM »
Opinion from all you photographers who are wiser than me. Has anyone used one of these for Macro photography?

Ubbie I have used them and found you need a VERY heavy tripod or tripod you can add weights to as with large macro lens easly for tripod to overbalance or flex. Studio use only as any air movement will move tripod anyway.

I suggest adjustable bellows as a start point instead, useable outdoors and indoors and a lot more forgiving.

Like these

http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.806~search.bellows

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 06:09:18 PM »
Shyer, Coins & all. What do any of you think of this lense for macro photography? Didn't you recommend something similar Coins?

http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/store/product.asp?idProduct=1381

shyer

• Knight of the RT
  • from UBB & yib thank you
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 07:51:10 PM »
An interesting lens I would try a local camera store to get in, a demo model . Feel and personal happiness is not a ABC thus 123 prediction, the store staff would be just as interested as you for a hands on opportunity.

photos are still an art as well as a science.

Coinfucious888

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 12:12:27 AM »
Shyer, Coins & all. What do any of you think of this lense for macro photography? Didn't you recommend something similar Coins?

http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/store/product.asp?idProduct=1381

Yipe, I use this lens for my macro shots of wild life (refer to my photo of the two owls over at the coin section).

Top lens and it does not cost the world. Good price too, I bought mine a couple of years ago for closer to the $1K mark.

Cheers

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 05:45:22 PM »
Coins, Shyer, Brum6y et al

The Sigma 150 Macro lense arrived this afternoon. I whacked it on the camera (after reading the instructions which is rare for me) & took some shots an different setting and at different distances.

I took them hand held at various speeds down to about 1/30. The photos came out excellent considering it is a bit breezy & the light was going. I'm amazed at quality considering the hand held & slow shutter speeds. I even took one of Winston the cat in half light about 10 metres away & it came out.

I'll download a couple of photos later & post them here.

Now I better get a set of 4-Way Macro Focusing Slide Rails & one of those miniature Gorilla type tripods with a ball head & a set of flashes for Macro.

I wonder what else I need, any suggestions?

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 05:59:00 PM »
I even took one of Winston the cat in half light about 10 metres away & it came out.

I hope it was a wide angled lens for that fat begger