Author Topic: Feedback abuse  (Read 6232 times)

Philip.Cohen

• Knight of the RT
Feedback abuse
« on: November 17, 2009, 07:51:10 AM »
An interesting article by Chris Dawson on Tamebay on feedback abuse, at
http://tamebay.com/2009/11/powerseller-suspended-for-low-dsr-feedback-attack.html

“eBay say that they’ve only seeing a trickle of cases where feedback abuse is occurring and that the fear is, at least in most cases, greater than the reality. However they are stepping up the sanctions they impose for feedback abuse and will police feedback abuse strongly. eBay are determined to protect Top Rated Sellers from attack by competitors.”

If this “trickle” (with stepped up sanctions therefor) is anything like the “trickle” that eBay claims shill bidding to be then you may safely assume that it is a very real and very serious problem. Not that eBay will ever admit as much. Regardless, eBay’s attitude will be to evaluate the effect of such activity on eBay itself and then thrash the offending PowerSeller with probably the same small feather that they use on shill bidding PowerSellers. eBay is determined to protect eBay. But not doing too well in this regard of recent times.

That such activity can have such a detrimental effect on a seller is simply one more example of the incompetence of the people at eBay who re-designed such a “clunky” mechanism in the first place. Can’t they get anything right? If the record of the past several years is anything to go by, probably not. And eBay’s inevitable slide into the abyss continues.
“Today we’re dealing with phase two or phase three [he can’t even remember which one] of disruptive innovation. We’ve had the disruption, now we must disrupt our own disruption.”—John Donahoe (2007).

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
Re: Feedback abuse
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 07:56:05 AM »
What Phil said, snipe!

FB ain't what it's SUPPOSED to be.... :(
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

gr8-expectations

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 12:34:41 PM »
http://tamebay.com/2009/11/powerseller-suspended-for-low-dsr-feedback-attack.html

“eBay say that they’ve only seeing a trickle of cases where feedback abuse is occurring and that the fear is, at least in most cases, greater than the reality. However they are stepping up the sanctions they impose for feedback abuse and will police feedback abuse strongly. eBay are determined to protect Top Rated Sellers from attack by competitors.”

If this “trickle” (with stepped up sanctions therefor) is anything like the “trickle” that eBay claims shill bidding to be then you may safely assume that it is a very real and very serious problem. Not that eBay will ever admit as much. Regardless, eBay’s attitude will be to evaluate the effect of such activity on eBay itself and then thrash the offending PowerSeller with probably the same small feather that they use on shill bidding PowerSellers. eBay is determined to protect eBay. But not doing too well in this regard of recent times.

That such activity can have such a detrimental effect on a seller is simply one more example of the incompetence of the people at eBay who re-designed such a “clunky” mechanism in the first place. Can’t they get anything right? If the record of the past several years is anything to go by, probably not. And eBay’s inevitable slide into the abyss continues.

ebay would call the amazon "a trickle" lol

gr8-expectations

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 12:38:38 PM »
a trickle of disgruntled feebay and preypal customers = the niagara falls......

i just signed up again (silly moi) for an ebay store, FAR OUT their prices have increased so much its incredible I have to go into it all properly but i noticed a huge jump when listing some things, cant see the benefits yet but I wanted to list things for longer than 10 days

is anyone knowledgeable on ebay stores and the perceived benefits here? I notice the top of the range store is like $499 a month or something for an anchor store? must be some  huge benefits for the top sellers to pay that

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 12:49:51 PM »
Hey Gr8! Why don't ya stop being a dupe and get a REAL Store???

...just a thot.... ;D

gr8-expectations

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 12:51:40 PM »
thanks for the advice tello, yes actually i did do that but just cant figure out how to add anything to ut yet lol

gimme time, its an auctiva ecommerce one, pretty cool features (whuch i cant understand yet lol)

gr8-expectations

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 12:52:06 PM »
i only dud ut last night

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 01:00:37 PM »
There's not much talking to you until ya clean up that kiwi lingo. Freak!

C):-{= <" dont let me shop in its store. i might lose something there... "<<

gr8-expectations

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 01:05:37 PM »
thu wund un thu wullows

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 02:18:31 PM »
thu wund un thu wullows

That does not compute. Loooozer!

C):-{= <" flocking 'ell! "<<

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 07:42:18 PM »
Whaddya mean?

It's a good story!

eBuster

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 03:40:30 AM »

Maybe Chris Dawson would like to take a look at the 1000 of members that have been named and shamed in the link shown below that includes adverts, feedback, 'feedback for others' and then come back and talk about it being a trickle of cases and beleive me this is the tip of the iceburg and i would list more was it not making the page slow to load.

http://www.ebuster.co.uk/SellingFeedBack/AllSellingFeedback.aspx

These people are not always easy to spot but take a look at the link below where i have colour coded then names so that you can see how they are all buying and selling from each other in order to build up feedback before scammiong buyers ! was reported to eBay but you can guess the results.

http://www.ebuster.co.uk/Scams/ShillBidders/song33li.htm

and feedback is being deleted for our friends from China

http://www.ebuster.co.uk/machushu200288/eBay%20Feedback%20Profile%20for%20machushu200288.htm

Are you sure you can trust eBay to monitor DSR for the big sellers that they prefer or will the stars be topped up by a web-bot since no one can see who says what.

[/list]