Author Topic: !!! BE AFRAID......BE VERY AFRAID !!!  (Read 11839 times)

Poddy

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: !!! BE AFRAID......BE VERY AFRAID !!!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 12:01:56 AM »

That's so cool Poddy.... is there one for Ebay?.... would be great entertainment...LOL

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 01:49:31 AM »
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 08:06:47 AM »
If one could properly analyse that "clock", I reckon we would find that the US economy is stuffed (to use a highly technical term).

The lack of prudential oversight on financial institutions led to this situation, and the US Government has yet to do anything about it.... You can bank on them crashing again in the future...

On the other hand, this cavalier attitude mixed with can-do guts, has made the USA the saviour of many free countries (Iraq and Afghanistan excepted).

I have always thought that the best thing about the USA, is also the worst..

Their nationalism.

:wine:
If you try to fail, and succeed, what have you done ??

cueperkins

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 09:51:58 AM »
On the other hand, this cavalier attitude mixed with can-do guts, has made the USA the saviour of many free countries (Iraq and Afghanistan excepted).

And with the exception also of South America........!!!!!  they don't especially LOVE the US brand of Egomaniacal Empire driven 'Democracy' now do they?

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 04:45:33 PM »
Aawww Cupie,

Picky, picky.

cheers
If you try to fail, and succeed, what have you done ??

cueperkins

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 05:06:12 PM »
:rofl: I think that might have been what N/America, said to S/America when they rejected the US' idea of democracy.......picky picky picky....lol

There's an incredible doco done by Pilger on this issue...very much worth watching..you'll be shocked...

War on Democracy.

Acclaimed Australian journalist John Pilger's feature film début, The war on democracy, lifts the lid on US foreign policy by looking at the world through the hopes, dreams and extraordinary actions of ordinary people.

In his second inauguration address, Bush pledged to ‘bring democracy to the world'. In his speech he mentioned the words ‘democracy' and ‘liberty' 21 times. Most of the world, it is fair to say, will have recoiled, many in fear.

The war on democracy explores the theme of disenchantment with democracy, concentrating on those parts of the world where people have struggled with blood, sweat and tears to plant democracy, only to see it brutally crushed.

Set in Latin America and the US, it explores the historic and current relationship of Washington with countries such as Venezuela, Bolivia and Chile.

Pilger travels with Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, showing that true popular democracy and people power can be found among the poorest in Latin America whose grassroots movements are often ignored in the West. He speaks exclusively to US government officials and ex-CIA agents who reveal that what happened in Latin America in the 1980s is a metaphor for how the rest of the world is being 'ordered' today, with the Middle East as its epicentre.
"The film tells a universal story," says Pilger, "analysing and revealing, through vivid testimony, the story of great power behind its venerable myths. It allows us to understand the true nature of the so-called war on terror"

A very powerful doco...I recommend everyone see this one....

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 03:21:49 AM »
Link?
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

cueperkins

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 11:51:31 AM »
I'll go one better than that...I'll see if I can find a copy and burn it for you to CD?  It's a fascinating doco...it would be interesting to hear what an American derives from it...all we ever get here is wagging of the dog........the ex CIA bloke makes a statement that is chilling...i.e. that America will get involved in whatever it decides is in their National Interest and in whatever country they consider fits that description....with or without an invitiation......Arrogant as hell....Scary actually.  Not sure if the doco, is able to be watched online...I'll find out for you and maybe you can watch it and tell us how much of it sounds right and how much is bullshit.   As I said, we get the frilly PR version.