Author Topic: paypal - online criminals???  (Read 22955 times)

gr8-expectations

Re: paypal - online criminals???
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2009, 01:02:22 PM »
denial is a ruver un ejupt

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2009, 01:03:45 PM »
yeah Ive got rellies there... Denise and denephew !

cueperkins

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2009, 02:18:56 PM »
So...should we be calling Countess, Cleopatra?

Queen of Denial????

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2009, 02:26:24 PM »
This talk is cheap.
The subject is cheezie.
Yer all OFF TOPIC.

On this account...I care!
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2009, 02:38:07 PM »
Call me Cleopatra if you want. (I have often toyed with the idea of a CD featuring various Cleopatra arias - Samuel Barber, Handel, Graun, Hasse, Cimarosa, Berlioz perhaps - but another soprano did get there first with at least some of the arias. Still, who knows? I may still do it!)
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

misha

• Membermn
  • Knight of the RT
  • NO CONFIDENCE
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2009, 03:03:03 PM »
Which Co did you work with Countessa?

OA ?   VSO ?
pobox486cronulla@hotmail.com    I have NO HERO'S or IDOLS.  I will question everything and anyone having faith only in myself.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2009, 03:10:10 PM »
I said I care and you brush me off.

What the flock?

huh.....chicks.........

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2009, 03:19:00 PM »
ABOC, EMO, and now with my own company/group, Sounds Sublime. It's almost impossible to actually make a living from classical/operatic singing in Australia, unless one happens to have connections that will consistently ensure one gets the roles... and I'm not into game-playing. All I was and am interested in when it comes to singing is the singing itself, not any political boot-licking. Just the singing... the quality of the music, the standard I set myself, the combination of an intellectual, musical and emotional approach to create something I hope will move the audience. Even when I'm hired to sing something I don't particularly want to sing, such as being a Nazi interrogation officer aka the Jewish people being tortured and killed aka all humanity's suffering aka all humanity's inflicting of suffering - in bad poetry and modern atonal stuff - I believe it's the responsibility of the artist to make the thing work. It's an abuse of one's gifts if one just doesn't bother... or gives half-measure...

Er, blimey, this has got off the PayPal track a bit! In a weak attempt to steer it back, I will say that I do not accept payments by PayPal for my singing. Customers and clients can pay me online as I have a merchant account with my bank, and a payment gateway which makes it all secure and simple.

Unlike waiting for a PayPal payment, credit card payments online to my account appear in my bank account within 24 hours. It's fast, easy, secure and the fees are less than a PayPal account. However, that's not going to help people wanting to transfer money to relatives or friends...

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2009, 03:21:23 PM »

What the flock?

huh.....chicks.........
No one brushed you off, Tello! At least, not unless you were masquerading as lint... We care that you care, but do you KNOW that you care that we care that you care?

misha

• Membermn
  • Knight of the RT
  • NO CONFIDENCE
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2009, 03:34:58 PM »
Yes... off on a tangent but I was curious.
And I do understand about the in house politics and 'cultural wasteland' nature of many parts of Australia.
LOL  I'll always remember a full dress rehearsal staged at SOH and open to the public for free, where everyone applauded a performance where 10% of the score was 'marked' by the singers.... the difficult bits like high F's etc.  99% of them didn't know the difference between good and bad let alone the meaning of the words in the Italian it was being performed in.  LOL
Yes... the way to make money in the field is to work in Europe.

OK... back to the nasty paypal situation.

pobox486cronulla@hotmail.com    I have NO HERO'S or IDOLS.  I will question everything and anyone having faith only in myself.

cueperkins

« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2009, 03:43:03 PM »
Er, blimey, this has got off the PayPal track a bit! In a weak attempt to steer it back, I will say that I do not accept payments by PayPal for my singing.

Fraid not...throw yourself in the sin bin immediately.... :foot:

Isn't that right Tello?  Hey Yib....did you see this.....this.....blatant off topicness?????

:o

cueperkins

« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2009, 03:45:30 PM »

What the flock?

huh.....chicks.........

Who's YOU???.....Roo was chatting you up last time I looked....lol....count ya blessings  Ron.

I still don't do grovelling...care, don't care....whatever....I'm indifferent...lol

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2009, 04:19:23 PM »
Now we're getting somewhere!

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2009, 07:50:56 PM »
This can be nothing more than a theory ... but the circumstances fit.

Indeed, Paypal can play around with your money before they decide to actually deliver it to the recipient you specified.  The short-term money market is a classic place for these games.  When they are working with the same currency, the risk is pretty low - but when they are playing with currencies traded through (volatile) exchange rates, they step into a brave new world.

Scenario: Paypal takes our Aussie dollars pledged for the USA and sinks them into some local activity and then the Aussie dollar plunges.  Whoops! All of a sudden the Aussie dollars they took the week before can't buy the US dollars they promised! - even with the money they made in the mean time.

Solution: Slow more money down, so they can use this week's Aussie dollars to help buy the US dollars they need ... and then keep this up until the Aussie dollar works its way back up AND they can climb out of their very own Forex hole.

Comments?

Should be self-evident from the events earlier this year.

Would you consider this:
   Criminal? - arguable
   Ethical? - not a quality many associate with Paypal
   Moral? - (no laughing, please)

Commercially viable? - Would seem to be, since it continues.
   Risky? - Indeed it is, but the cost is borne by we punters.  So long as Paypal continues to have money flowing through it, they can ride out these storms - using us as ballast.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2009, 10:10:47 PM »

gr8-expectations

« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2009, 10:57:23 PM »
most likely exactly what is happening brumby, if they were signatories to the eft code of conduct i imagine they would constraints on the amount of their liquid capital they can use in this manner, but of course they are not

gr8-expectations

« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2009, 10:31:09 AM »
update -

my email to paypal

Hi Manuela,

I have received your reply, shortly i will be closing my Paypal account(s) forever and do not intend
returning, that money was used for too long by Paypal before being sent on which is fraudulent and deceptive and misleading conduct
under the trade Practices Act.

What should have been 3 days clearing was 7 and would imo have been 8-10 days without my complaint;
we are not fools your customers yet you treat us as such, not only that, but the recipient now faces a wait of
a further 5-7 days for the "cleared" paypal funds to hit her bank account, in total that makes 12-14 days (or two weeks
almost) that Paypal get to play with other peoples money - again, unnaceptable.

It was only when i wrote to Paypal and complained that the payment was cleared, this is not good enough
I will be using Paymate from now on or other services, including regular banks.

I am not happy with either paypals service or attitude, the phone line for paypal for australia has now been changed and
is completely automated, there is NO way to speak to an actual person or if there is it is so well hidden (just like ebay's)
it is impossible to find.

Also i worry that an online bank as large as paypal is not signatory to the EFT Code of Conduct here in Australia and we as consumers
have no recourse for claims because of this and a user agreement stacked in Paypal's favor.

regards

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2009, 11:05:30 AM »
Gr8, I worry about you sometimes. You're so hesitant about stating your point. *shakes head*

gr8-expectations

« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2009, 11:23:53 AM »
lol countess should i have been more direct?

reply here from preypal, standard automated type response,

Dear (name removed),

Hello my name is Andrew with PayPal. Thank you for the email and for
contacting us with regards to your transactions.

Ross, the 'eCheque' is the only method of payment through PayPal that is
not instant. ECheque payments usually take about 3 - 5 working days to
be processed. Unfortunately, PayPal employees cannot control this
timeframe for bank transfers.

The Expected Clearing Date of your electronic funds transfer may be
viewed from the "Transaction Details" page. The Expected Clearing Date
will be shown to the right of the status. For further details of the
Expected Clearing Date, click the "?" in the blue box.

Holidays and weekends are not recognized as business days for most
banking facilities, which may result in a delay in your banking
transactions.

I do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. In order to
send instant payments at this time, you can add funds to your PayPal
balance before initiating your payments. You can also add a backup
funding source to your account, such as a credit/debit card. You could
then send instant payments from either the card or the bank. To add a
backup funding source:

1.  Log in to your account at https://www.paypal.com.au
  2.  Click "Profile."
  3.  Click the "Credit Cards" link in the Financial Information
column.
  4.   If you already have a credit card registered, click "Add a
Card."
  5.  Enter the required card information.
  6.   Click "Add Card."

If you have more questions, visit our Help Centre by clicking "Help" in
the top right corner of any PayPal page.

Sincerely,
Andrew
Consumer Support
PayPal, an eBay Company

preypal's "expected" clearing date on this transaction was total bs and by the time i had complained it was already 2 days later than that and still not cleared to the recipient, he talks about 3 days, that prolly NEVER happens, in my case it was 7 and ONLY after complaining ..... vigorously

if they think i am adding a credit card.... they are dreamin lol

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2009, 11:31:26 AM »
you can add funds to your PayPal
balance before initiating your payments. You can also add a backup
funding source to your account, such as a credit/debit card.

Put on a blindfold and shovel it in!

shyer

• Knight of the RT
  • from UBB & yib thank you
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2009, 12:00:20 PM »
Actually a Debit CC is the safest option using any bank account P$P can withdraw from, is a potential problem. P$P is NOT a bank it is a grubby greedy swiss money broker basically subject to no laws. It constanly demonstrates it has no morals  , customer service or ethics. By verifing any bank account you give P$P authority to dip into that account whenever they like for what ever reason they like.
Some people have for instance been billed twice for one item the second time insufficint funds in bank account , P$P however automatically keeps trying . Customers bank keeps adding dishonour fee, time after time . A $100 item turns into $500 before customer closes P$P access and neither bank nor P$P, reimburse one cent.
With a debit card you just keep topped up to amount you owe P$P NO more. Thus P$P are locked out.