Author Topic: About me pages on ebay, a mine of information.  (Read 20411 times)

col52

About me pages on ebay, a mine of information.
« on: April 26, 2009, 11:22:20 PM »
These pages can be a mine of information, they can usually tell you a lot about the sellers on ebay. Additional information regarding a sellers operations may also be listed there, whether they are a stay at home parent, working but selling part time or a full time business seller.

Many do not know that a link is also allowed on about me pages to a website operated by a seller, which is off the ebay website.

You may also find other links listed to sites relevant to the type of item you are looking for, these links would usually be knowledge based and afford you information which would help you in your decisions to purchase (or not to) of a particular item, or would give you some interesting background information at least.

Numb!

Re: About me pages on ebay, a mine of information.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 03:20:34 PM »
Many do not know that a link is also allowed on about me pages to a website operated by a seller, which is off the ebay website.

That policy can be a bit troublesome.  I've seen Me pages taken down for having links to websites where things are for sale.

I think there should be a link to the About Me page on each listing, aromatically when listing..

Look for the

But you already knew that, right?   ;)

night-hawk-1

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 04:07:37 PM »
A very interesting topic, I was doing some research the other day following feed back that linked different members together and come across a power seller that had an interesting ME page,

It had a link linking to her website that happened to be set up as a store for direct sales.

I thought it a little strange and was going to ask if it is OK by eBay to do so.

If it is I will need to get to work on a ME page to promote all my personal interests  :neener:

Bunny

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 06:32:36 PM »
I think my ME page is really cute!!!  like me  :bunny:

col52

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 06:45:49 PM »
You right Col, very informative, I think there should be a link to the About Me page on each listing, aromatically when listing..;)

I have my web site www.oldbearsandfriends.com linked to my page, I think it has brough a few customers my way, thanks ebay :))

I like your web site col, really love the music!! beautiful jewelry!!!

I wouldn't mind an aromatic link (LOL, sorry, couldn't resist), impy. Mine would be frangipani.

I never realised you had a site! I love teddies. My favourite teddy was given to one of my cousins when I was about 6 years old. I was not happy.  :'(

I'm pleased you like my site, a lot of planning and work went into it. I remember one of my friends saying they jumped out of their seat when they 1st checked it out - they had speakers set loud  :roflmao:

mowipede

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 06:49:07 PM »
You right Col, very informative, I think there should be a link to the About Me page on each listing, aromatically when listing..;)

There is....it's right next to the Sellers username and feedback count...the little blue and red Me.

col52

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 06:49:29 PM »

That policy can be a bit troublesome.  I've seen Me pages taken down for having links to websites where things are for sale.

I think the policy is different on ebay.com, numb?

In the AU policy, it does say allowed - plus, I've had big arguement with ebay AU about it, I took it to our Fair Trading when ebay tried telling me it was not allowed (for breaching their own policies) - I won. It is allowed.

Bunny

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 06:49:50 PM »

I have my web site www.oldbearsandfriends.com linked to my page, I think it has brough a few customers my way, thanks ebay :))

i love teddies, they is cute

col52

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 06:53:51 PM »
Hello mowipede, good to "see you" here!

col52

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 06:55:28 PM »

i love teddies, they is cute

I especially like teddies who eat bunnies

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 07:01:31 PM »
Bunny, I love your ME page ♥ So many cute bunnies!

Col, same happened to me with your website. I usually wander around the net when all is quiet at home and everyone is asleep. Got a bit of a fright the first time I looked, but I love the hula music!

Bunny

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 07:01:41 PM »
Col

teddies dont eat bunnies but look out for that cute little white furball you call a dog, she is real teddy food

col52

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 07:16:54 PM »
Bunny, I love your ME page ♥ So many cute bunnies!

Col, same happened to me with your website. I usually wander around the net when all is quiet at home and everyone is asleep. Got a bit of a fright the first time I looked, but I love the hula music!

:rofl:

Just FYI, wheels. The music is actually the Hawaiian War Chant................says a little about me  :angel:

col52

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 07:18:14 PM »
Col

teddies dont eat bunnies but look out for that cute little white furball you call a dog, she is real teddy food

:o Teddies better not try it on my Rosie!

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 07:36:58 PM »
Col, I just went back to listen to the War Chant. Is there a link broken in your store page?
http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Simply-Jewelry-4-Hawaiian-Jewelry__W0QQ_armrsZ1
At Simply Jewelry

Did647

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 07:56:30 PM »
You have to go to the actual site :D simplyjewelry.com.au

col52

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 09:20:16 PM »

I wouldn't mind an aromatic link (LOL, sorry, couldn't resist), impy. Mine would be frangipani.

I never realised you had a site! I love teddies. My favourite teddy was given to one of my cousins when I was about 6 years old. I was not happy.  :'(

I'm pleased you like my site, a lot of planning and work went into it. I remember one of my friends saying they jumped out of their seat when they 1st checked it out - they had speakers set loud  :roflmao:

LOL- Col!!!!

Mine would be lavender!!! I jumped when the music came on too but I love tribal music.

Yeah I know about the little "me" link but I want a BIG ONE right in the middle of my page!!! hehehe

LOL

With the me link, do mean like this:

LOOK AT MY ABOUT ME PAGE!

col52

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 09:22:55 PM »
Col, I just went back to listen to the War Chant. Is there a link broken in your store page?
http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Simply-Jewelry-4-Hawaiian-Jewelry__W0QQ_armrsZ1
At Simply Jewelry

http://www.simplyjewelry.com.au/

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 09:24:23 PM »
I know the site to link to  :) , but I thought maybe the At Simply Jewelry was meant to be a link and it isn't.

col52

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 09:30:20 PM »
I know the site to link to  :) , but I thought maybe the At Simply Jewelry was meant to be a link and it isn't.

Ah, I see what you mean! I didn't set that up as a link as I thought a part of my anatomy would end up very pink - especially as I have a select group who "favour"  ;) my listings.
The "Hawaiian Jewelry one is a link but it goes to the complete catalogue - no prices or ordering from it.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 09:34:45 PM »
No probs. It must be hard to cope with being so popular!  :evil:

col52

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 09:49:48 PM »
For sure, some folk really love me! LOL
Sometimes I think it's because I have a successful website & they don't!

imperfect

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009, 08:01:38 AM »
Here's an email I got from eBay in reply to my question about having my web site link in my faves..

Hello,

My name is Debra and thank you for writing in to us regarding your
listing concerns.

I would like to let you know that I have looked into this matter for you
and have found that you are allowed to add your link to your favorite
links area of your about me page, but please make sure you do not ask
members to visit your site as this can be found in violation of eBay's
Inappropriate Links policy.

I really appreciate you bringing this situation to our attention, and I
wish you continued success on eBay.

Kind Regards,

Debra V.
Trust & Safety Team

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2009, 09:51:31 AM »
Well done Imp, I hope the button pushers take note.

imperfect

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2009, 10:31:45 AM »
I want to add a very BIG THANK YOU and (((hugs))) to everyone who offered me support through this...That made it very clear to me why I am here and why this place has been created and what sort of people it's made of, lovely. genuine, caring people. :love:

THANK YOU!!!! :thanks:

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 11:32:46 AM »
Imp, I'm so glad you have a positive outcome. Your page shouldn't have been reported.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

col52

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 12:19:38 PM »
Well done, impy.

I do find "but please make sure you do not ask members to visit your site as this can be found in violation of eBay's Inappropriate Links policy." a hilarious statement though.