Author Topic: Just for bnwt  (Read 11709 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Just for bnwt
« on: October 22, 2010, 02:10:13 PM »
Ipswich named as a smart world community

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/ipswich-named-as-a-smart-world-community-20101022-16x2h.html

The city of Ipswich, just west of Brisbane, has been named one of the world's smartest communities.

Ipswich is among the finalists for the Intelligent Communities Smart 21 Award by the international Intelligent Community Forum (ICF), a think tank that studies economic and social development in the 21st century.

It is the only Australian city included in 21 communities nominated as smart

:professor:

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Just for bnwt
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 04:54:11 PM »
Hmm.

A smart community.

I don't recall my community being TESTED for smartness... so how could it be known that others do not surpass the glories of Ipswich?

:hunchback: :hunchback: :hunchback: :hunchback:
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 04:55:13 PM »
Countessa, I don't know about your community but bnwt has proof of how smart Ipswich is!  :lol: :lol:

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 05:33:21 PM »
Look, our community is PERFECTLY CAPABLE (note the capital letters) of insisting that their addresses don't have house numbers, or street names, or... or... or anything like that.

We're as smart as the Ipswichers. I demand that we are as smart as the Ipsiwchers!
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 05:45:25 PM »
Hmmm again.

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 12:56:31 PM »
Unwanted penis tattooed on man's back

Police have charged a 21-year-old man from Bundamba, near Ipswich

http://www.theage.com.au/national/unwanted-penis-tattooed-on-mans-back-20101026-171dt.html

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 12:59:02 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sure beats the old 'shave his eyebrows while he's asleep' revenge!

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 03:16:23 PM »
it could have been worse he could have tattooed it on his forehead

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 07:36:42 AM »
Big bill to remove obscene tattoo

“Anyone can get a tattoo gun easily on eBay while, for us to get equipment, we have to prove we’re a professional business.”

http://www.thechronicle.com.au/story/2010/10/28/tattooed-man-faces-big-bill-for-removal/

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 06:18:55 PM »
I knew the story had to tie into eBay somehow, that's why I posted it here!  :rofl:

golden

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 09:51:40 PM »

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 10:30:38 AM »
Grow a thicker skin, 'mate' magistrate told

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/grow-a-thicker-skin-mate-magistrate-told-20101101-17aca.html

could you imagine Judge Judy allowed a defendant to call her 'mate'

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 11:32:32 AM »

could you imagine Judge Judy allowed a defendant to call her 'mate'

No.

But I don't imagine she would throw someone into the cells for it ... just make her expectations VERY clear.

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 12:54:08 PM »
With all due respect,

Call me old school (and I am not that old) but I believe in having respect for others, I hear whining all the time about how children these days have no respect for Parents, Teachers, police or each other for that matter, many of them are way out of line and way WAY out of hand, is it any wonder? We should be leading by example, not letting everyone become selfish narrow minded individuals.

I heard a group of young kids (9-10 ish) cursing like wharfies the other day in a shopping center in front of their PARENTS, an elderly man nearby said 'that sort of language is disgusting coming from the mouths of children' the MOTHER turned to the old man and said 'F____ Off and mind your own business!!!'   is she for real? it made me feel sick and it is not an isolated event, all of you have seen some similar example.

The man in the article who was repremanded was being an absolute Smart A$$, he was asked not to do it and yet he continued (no doubt thinking he was clever, the smug git) when we live in a society where it is OK and deemed non offensive for people to call police officers 'Pr_cks' (WTF) There is something very wrong with society these days and it is only going get worse.

There was a time when NO one would dream of doing such a thing, IMHO it is not about having so called respect for an individual as a person 'Ohhh I don't know this guy from Adam so I can call him mate or whatever I bloody feel like' it's about respecting the position they hold be it teacher parent or peer, lose all that and you know what it's called........thats right.. Anarchy... fancy living in that sort of society? I know I dont.

I cringe when I go into a store and the assistant says 'Hi Darl can I help ya')but it is not half as bad as being called a B_tch (from staff behind the food stacks, plenty loud enough for customers to hear) for daring to mention at red Rooster that they had forgotten to put in the bag my sons fries and one other item that I had paid for...I turned and said 'I beg your pardon'? and a pimply 16 yo A$$hat smirks and says 'you shouldn't beg luv' to the sound of his co workers having a good chuckle at my expense.

They didn't give a toss about anyone except themselves.

bah , Rant over lol
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 02:42:44 AM »
With all due respect,

Call me old school (and I am not that old) but I believe in having respect for others, I hear whining all the time about how children these days have no respect for Parents, Teachers, police or each other for that matter, many of them are way out of line and way WAY out of hand, is it any wonder? We should be leading by example, not letting everyone become selfish narrow minded individuals.

I heard a group of young kids (9-10 ish) cursing like wharfies the other day in a shopping center in front of their PARENTS, an elderly man nearby said 'that sort of language is disgusting coming from the mouths of children' the MOTHER turned to the old man and said 'F____ Off and mind your own business!!!'   is she for real? it made me feel sick and it is not an isolated event, all of you have seen some similar example.

The man in the article who was repremanded was being an absolute Smart A$$, he was asked not to do it and yet he continued (no doubt thinking he was clever, the smug git) when we live in a society where it is OK and deemed non offensive for people to call police officers 'Pr_cks' (WTF) There is something very wrong with society these days and it is only going get worse.

There was a time when NO one would dream of doing such a thing, IMHO it is not about having so called respect for an individual as a person 'Ohhh I don't know this guy from Adam so I can call him mate or whatever I bloody feel like' it's about respecting the position they hold be it teacher parent or peer, lose all that and you know what it's called........thats right.. Anarchy... fancy living in that sort of society? I know I dont.

I cringe when I go into a store and the assistant says 'Hi Darl can I help ya')but it is not half as bad as being called a B_tch (from staff behind the food stacks, plenty loud enough for customers to hear) for daring to mention at red Rooster that they had forgotten to put in the bag my sons fries and one other item that I had paid for...I turned and said 'I beg your pardon'? and a pimply 16 yo A$$hat smirks and says 'you shouldn't beg luv' to the sound of his co workers having a good chuckle at my expense.

They didn't give a toss about anyone except themselves.

bah , Rant over lol

""I turned and said 'I beg your pardon'? and a pimply 16 yo A$$hat smirks and says 'you shouldn't beg luv' to the sound of his co workers having a good chuckle at my expense.""

I Never complain about the food I ordered when I can't see whats been done to it after my complaint.....I watch it like a hawk till it's in my possession... LOL 

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 09:13:56 AM »
How far is Ipswich from Nanango?

I think this guy is likely to win the most retarded customer of all time award

he buys 2 wallets on sunday and wants to pay by bank transfer ... I send him the pre-written bank details email that I send to everyone

on monday morning he emails me saying he has just done the funds transfer ... that afternoon he leaves positive feedback "Still Waiting"

tuesday afternoon I check my account still no funds so as I got the feeling he is a kook I thought it best to email him to advise the funds had not come across ........... he replied stating he had transferred the funds to and an account number not even slightly like mine with the account name as 'wallet'

this guy lives in Nanango which is 120 K's from Ipswich ... I think a northerly wind might have been blowing that day

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 10:57:15 AM »
New saying: "It's an Ipswich wind that blows no good."

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 03:47:27 PM »
bnwt, are you saying folks are dumb where I come from?   :lol:

That is a real problem with bank deposits and insufficient Reference details. At my work I'm continually chasing up who paid what when they leave a reference of "Fees" or "Payment". It may well mean something to the person doing the transfer but when I have 200 invoices go out on the same day all for the same amount it can be a bit like a brain teaser puzzle trying to match them up!

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 04:44:54 PM »
no

what I am saying is my buyer from Nanango is a complete retard

I sent him the correct account number and BSB along with the account name and asked him to use his eBay ID as a reference

he used a completely different account number the correct BSB and claims he put down the account name as wallet

I would suggest he's a WALLY

he finally got it right and his parcel went in the mail today

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 04:55:57 PM »
Wallet as the account name... It's almost worth having that happen in order to have a hilarious story to tell.

Sometimes individuals are... numpties...

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 12:33:08 AM »
I believe there is another twisted story about payments on the PS board.... courtesy of the eBay/PayPal consortium:

I believe it goes something like this:

A buyer purchased an item and when trying to pay for it was cut short.  The 'system' told them that the seller did not ship to their country.

The seller is in W.A. and the buyer is in Tassie.

(waiting for the wisecracks)

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2010, 10:18:48 AM »
Jamie Oliver to open Ipswich 'Ministry of Food'

http://www.abc.net.au/news/video/2010/11/08/3060737.htm

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2010, 11:41:55 AM »
I bit my lip and kept my wisecracks to myself...

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2010, 11:47:08 AM »
fix Ipswich's obesity problem ????    yeah sure , Fat Chance !!!!

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2010, 01:53:07 PM »
We should be thankful that bnwt keeps us updated on the latest news from Ipswich.  :lol:

Did you know there is a suburb near Ipswich called Springfield? Many years ago the Scout Jamboree was held there and we were dropping some kids off. They were fully expecting Mayor Quimby to be there to greet them.

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2010, 02:22:36 PM »
F-111s to light up Ipswich carols

Carols by Candlelight will feature the final F-111 dump-and-burn

http://www.qt.com.au/story/2010/11/10/dump-and-burn-christmas-carols-ipswich/

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2010, 02:34:03 PM »
F-111s to light up Ipswich carols

Carols by Candlelight will feature the final F-111 dump-and-burn

http://www.qt.com.au/story/2010/11/10/dump-and-burn-christmas-carols-ipswich/

the upcoming Ipswich Mayor's Christmas Carols by Candlelight will feature the final F-111 dump-and-burn.

Oh !.... and peace and goodwill to all mankind.... now duck ! before you all burn to a crisp !

Just the sort of message we need to send ... NOT.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2010, 02:40:51 PM »
Yibs , it will take care of their obesity problem

and free pork crackle for all survivors you just have to peel it off the charred remains of the smouldering corpse closest to you !

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2010, 03:13:09 PM »

Would you like BBQ sauce with that Sir ?...

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2010, 03:15:05 PM »
jeepers , there would be a hell-of-a-mess if you were in attendance and had recently eaten a world famous Yibida baked bean sammich !

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2010, 04:40:30 PM »

Don't forget my scrambled Egg sammiches with secret spices are world class also....

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2010, 04:43:09 PM »
yes well the aftermath of either of those sammiches combined with the F-111's dump-and-burn would prove catastrophic !

Hiroshima like I would think

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2010, 11:37:44 AM »

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2010, 12:01:31 PM »
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/lifestyle/mayors-mission-to-whip-ipswich-into-shape-20101115-17t4o.html

Mayor's mission to whip Ipswich into shape

The council's goal was for Ipswich to become Australia's healthiest community, [the Mayor] said.