Author Topic: PayPal seller protection when sending multiple items  (Read 5617 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
PayPal seller protection when sending multiple items
« on: November 29, 2010, 08:34:38 AM »
I have always followed the advice to send items as per payments for PayPal protection, ie. if a buyer buys 2 items at $60 each and pays separately they should either be posted separately or email the buyer about refunding the payments and requesting they combine and pay as one payment.

When using Click and Send it allows sellers to combine items for shipment, even when paid separately, when the name and address for delivery is the same. After processing through C&S, the items are marked as posted in eBay and given the same tracking number. Do you think this would cause any problems with PayPal if there was ever a claim for Item not Received?

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: PayPal seller protection when sending multiple items
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 08:38:42 AM »
its a mute point Wheels .... there is no paypal seller protection , its a figment of their imagination ....
as they at paypal insist on trackable post ie registered it is indeed Aust Post that provide any protection not paypal

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 08:39:59 AM »
So, if it's combined and trackable via Click and Send, it's covered?

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 09:01:34 AM »
its covered by Australia Post if its registered isnt it ... upto a $100 or more if you have paid extra ....

but if paypal did  have an actual sellers protection in place then you are correct according to the rules if they pay as seperate transactions then they should be sent as seperate parcels

see here http://help.ebay.com.au/Education2/PayPal/About_PayPal/FAQs_-_advanced#a7

in particular ....
What’s not eligible?

Local pick-ups or deliveries made in person
Digital goods, services, or intangible items, quasi-cash, gift certificates, downloadable or streaming content, licenses for digital content or motor vehicles (including cars, motorcycles, boats, and planes)
Claims that items are significantly not as described
Unauthorised reversals or chargebacks for items not sold on eBay
Multiple eBay items paid for through separate PayPal payments, combined into a single shipment
More than one payment for a single eBay transaction

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 11:53:45 AM »
... there is no paypal seller protection ,

Buzzkiller.
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 01:49:42 PM »
Thanks Mr Smee.  ;D

I wanted to get some parcels posted this morning and really couldn't think straight - have a bad head cold. I posted them off separately and thought I'd try and work it out later so I could offer a better discount to the buyer next time.