Author Topic: Negative feedback on eBay  (Read 5438 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Negative feedback on eBay
« on: September 18, 2010, 05:35:11 PM »
Just noticed that a negative was left in our feedback on eBay yesterday!!   :(

I suppose it was inevitable that as the number of sales increased the likelihood of getting one would increase.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Negative feedback on eBay
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 05:41:11 PM »
must be the season Wheels ... I got a neutral the other day on some gold bling I sold but with positive comments , I messaged the buyer  and asked what part of the transaction prompted her to leave a neut ...she replied that I had not mentioned that it had been engraved ????

what she was talking about is the jewellers insciption code that shows the gold content was 18 ct

FFS ...it staggers me !!!!

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 05:44:35 PM »
Smee,  :comfort:  maybe they thought 18ct was someone's initials engraved on the inside!

I hope mine's been left by mistake. I have sent an email and asked the buyer was there a problem.

[attachment deleted by admin]

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 05:47:46 PM »
just let me know if I need to send a Smee Enterprises problem solving employee to "knock" on their nose door

Hey you are holidaying on the coast arent you ? anywhere near Jam Jerrup ???? maybe you sort my buyer out

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 05:52:22 PM »
Sorry, Smee, wrong coast. I had to look up where that was, it is on the Bass Highway almost to Phillip Island. We'll be on the surf coast.

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 09:00:45 PM »
 wheels, is the buyer able to have the negative removed? Surely they meant to give a Positive ?!

smee, that neutral is a sad sign of the buyer's ignorance about the item which they purchased. It seems to happen to sellers frequently.

Have either of you received a response from your buyers?
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 12:21:19 AM »
Have eBay finally realised that live help was in fact a hinderance and lacked knowlege in all things eBay and shut it down ??????

This message is on their help page

Chat to a live agent
The live agent option is not currently available. Choose the virtual agent to help you resolve your issue.

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 12:49:21 AM »
Virtual agent....what a laugh. Not much use utilizing Help at all in that case.
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 03:53:51 PM »
wheels, is the buyer able to have the negative removed? Surely they meant to give a Positive ?!

smee, that neutral is a sad sign of the buyer's ignorance about the item which they purchased. It seems to happen to sellers frequently.

Have either of you received a response from your buyers?

A seller can issue a 'revise feedback' invitation to the buyer. Once issued the buyer has 10 days in which to accept, reject or ignore. If accepted, a buyer can change DSRs as well as feedback. EBay will not allow a feedback rating to go down - so a neutral cannot be turned into a neg, for example.

There is a very limited number of invitations a seller is allowed to issue - so it is advised that the seller should communicate with the buyer and be highly confident that the buyer will accept the invitation before using one up.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 08:34:30 AM »
Our Neg will hopefully disappear!

The buyer has confirmed that they left a positive but did have a problem with the buttons on their phone when leaving feedback. Seems the 'scrolling' glitch on eBay when leaving multiple feedback via mobile phone is still a problem. Apparently it has been reported to eBay many times yet still continues. Why am I not surprised?

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 08:35:43 AM »
thats a good bit of relief for you

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 08:54:59 AM »
I'm very happy Smee!