Author Topic: Oztion sold to carsales.com  (Read 5264 times)

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Oztion sold to carsales.com
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 06:44:33 PM »
well hopefully they can make a better go of it and maybe strengthen to a position of some sort of opposition to eBay cos its not worth a pinch of goat shite currently IMO

it has the traffic flow of a cul-de-sac in Upper Volta

That Varieties Gal

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 07:08:16 PM »
oh
so I wonder what all that will mean to little sellers like myself?

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 07:33:49 PM »
first thing oztion needs to do is purge the fake LV, chanel, D&G etc handbags

it is flooded with them

That Varieties Gal

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 07:49:23 PM »
oh
I'll have to have a look!!

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 06:46:59 PM »
email received today

here is a cut and paste of the email ........

We are very excited to announce that OZtion is now officially part of the carsales.com Ltd family.

A proud Australian company, carsales has 26 online brands that cover categories including cars, bikes, boats, caravans, industry equipment and homes. Now with OZtion added into the mix we can include everything else – from DVDs to dishwashers!

OZtion, its users and its community are an important part of carsales' future. With the combination of our experience, that dates back to the very start of online classifieds Down Under and the resources of this community, we hope to be able to make OZtion bigger, but more importantly, better.

Over the coming months, you can look forward to some exciting new features and products available throughout the site, building upon the already great OZtion functionality and passionate community. Each of these enhancements will be considered carefully to help you sell your items faster and easier.

You can play your part in the development of OZtion by taking the time to fill in this quick survey. Feedback from you, the people who made OZtion what it is today, will help us to shape and prioritise OZtion's future development and enhancements.

We'd also like to take this opportunity to welcome Phil Druce (co-founder of OZtion) and the whole OZtion team to the carsales family. We look forward to working with you all, and building on the success of this great website.

Kind regards,

Greg Roebuck
Managing Director and CEO
carsales.com Ltd

To take our quick customer survey, please click here

link to survey   http://carsales.checkboxonline.com/Survey.aspx?s=0b3115ca6f1240319a1e1bffcd575f91

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 07:10:19 PM »
Thanks Smee, I've done the survey. (I usually send all the Oztion mail straight through to the bin)

It would be great if they can improve Oztion and have it as a real alternative to eBay.

I have noticed lately that google seraches are not returning eBay items like they used to. Has something changed? I always found it easier just to google when I was looking for a brand name item and the result would give me the eBay listings as well as websites. Maybe eBay has restricted the google bots somehow?

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 07:13:04 PM »
not sure Wheels ...all I do know is that eBay used to pay Google a lot of money for their results to appear at the top of any search , perhaps they discovered that it didnt generate enough extra business to make it viable ???? or they upset Google in some way which is highly possible, we all know they arent the best when it comes to conducting business in a professional way