Author Topic: The Tello Files. (All things strange, witnessed, verifyable and/or credible (?)  (Read 2724179 times)

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
'Whoever Voted Biden Owes Me Gas Money' Stickers Trending Across America...

Americans are showing their disgust for rising gas prices and blaming it on the failing policies of Joe Biden and his presidency.

While many liberals call it vandalism, others consider it a harmless political protest of the Biden regime.

Get the Sticker Here
https://patriotpoweredproducts.com/products/whoever-voted-biden-owes-me-gas-money-sticker?_pos=1&_sid=35975ec9e&_ss=r

Gas prices are up over 50% since Biden took over from Trump and the rising prices seem to have no end in sight and Biden seems helpless to find a solution.

In addition to the stickers popping up on vehicles and near gas stations, many are also wearing hilarious t-shirts and sweatshirts featuring the slogans and they're even posting the selfies to social media.

https://patriotpoweredproducts.com/products/whoever-voted-biden-owes-me-gas-money-sticker?_pos=1&_sid=35975ec9e&_ss=r

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
Democrats Try To Turn Blood Into Votes
Sick! It won't work!!!!

JUNE 5, 2022

No sooner had innocent people been shot and murdered the Democrats waved their blood and tried to get votes out of it. That’s plain wrong. Writer Dan Gainor has a handle on it.

Gainor: President Joe Biden called for “unity” and demanded Republicans support his position on guns. It was a blatantly political speech and even many journalists admitted it.

CNN’s Chief Political Analyst Gloria Borger got to the heart of the speech with her analysis: “I think what the president was doing was getting political here. And he called Republicans who would vote against this ‘unconscionable.’” The Daily Mail agreed the speech had an aggressive tone and said Biden, “tore into Republicans who stood in the way of tightening restrictions.”

The White House set the scene to exploit the murders for votes. Biden was flanked on both sides by rows of burning candles representing the 56 states and territories. The drama was about resuscitating the Democrat base in time for November.

New York Times staffers said the issue was about the midterms. D.C.-based Correspondent Emily Cochrane explained, “In an acknowledgement that Congress may not touch his wish list of legislation, Biden made a political point, saying that he believes Americans will make it a central issue when it is time to vote.” Biden kept repeating the list, almost begging the Hill to deliver even on raising the age limit for buying rifles so he could claim some success.

Times Reporter Glenn Thrush brought up the “E” word. “Biden’s speech was a broad summons to the American people — and a vow to make the issue of guns central in the midterm elections.” That strategy would sure beat talking about the economy or gas prices.

Journalists admitted that meant the speech was intended to motivate the base. Liberal writer Molly Jong-Fast said, “This is the kind of legislation that could theoretically excite the democratic base right before the midterms.” If that’s possible.

Politico confirmed that the speech likely won’t change minds. But Biden’s use of the word “unconscionable,” the site said, “was a line his Democratic critics have longed to hear, though one that likely won’t change the realities in the Senate.”

When Politico admits most everything on Biden’s wish list is a non-starter, that doesn’t bode well for the list.

National Journal columnist Josh Kraushaar painted a rough picture for Democrats, even on the Left Coast. First, he agreed about the political tilt of the address, “This isn’t a speech looking to ensure Chris Murphy/John Cornyn’s small scale legislation gets passed // it’s a speech framing the issue for the midterm elections.”

Then he quoted a Politico piece showing how difficult those midterms will be. “Democrats are already looking at some troubling early turnout numbers: So far, only about 2.2 million Californians have returned ballots. That’s less than a third of the total early vote at this point in California’s recall election last year.”

…Journalists tend to forget that Biden wasn’t always an anti-gun extremist. Arizona Republican Congressman Andy Biggs tweeted out a history lesson before the speech. “Let us remember Joe Biden once said: ‘I am convinced that a criminal who wants a firearm can get one through illegal, untraceable, unregistered sources, with or without gun control.’ This still applies today!”

For its part, the NRA simply responded to the speech by tweeting out the text of the Second Amendment: “A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

Lauren Boebert
@laurenboebert
Biden trusts Ukraine with guns.

He trusts the Taliban with guns.

He trusts the Mexican drug cartels with guns.

Why doesn’t he trust law-abiding Americans with guns?
10:10 AM · Jun 5, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

https://www.lifezette.com/2022/06/democrats-try-to-turn-blood-into-votes/?utm_source=daily-email-breaking&utm_medium=email

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
"Summertime In America: Bullets, Blood and Bad All Over"

'I just heard screams'
Mass shooting in Philadelphia leaves 3 dead and 11 wounded; fast-acting cop engages shooter to prevent more deaths

June 05, 2022   

There was a mass shooting in Philadelphia on Saturday night that left three people dead and 11 wounded. More people could have been shot if not for a fast-acting cop that engaged one of the multiple shooters. (Take a hint, Uvalde)

Huge crowds gathered at Philly's popular South Street area filled with restaurants, bars, and shops. However, the party-like atmosphere instantly turned into chaos as gunshots rang out in the entertainment area shortly before midnight.

"There were hundreds of individuals just enjoying South Street, as they do every single weekend, when the shooting broke out," Philadelphia Police Inspector D.F. Pace told reporters.

Surveillance camera video shows the moment that gunfire erupts and causes the crowd to run for their lives.

WTXF-TV reporter Marcus Espinoza shared a screenshot of surveillance footage that reportedly shows a possible gunfight between two shooters.

"I want to emphasize that South Street is manned by numerous police officers," Pace added. "This is standard deployment for Friday and Saturday night - weekends - and especially during the summer months."

According to Pace, one of those police officers was "within 10 to 15 yards of the shooter" and witnessed the gunman shoot into the crowd. The cop fired at the shooter three times, which caused the gunman to drop their firearm and flee the crime scene.

Law enforcement officials say that there were "several active shooters."

A 22-year-old man, 34-year-old man, and 26-year-old woman were shot multiple times and died at the hospital, according to WPVI-TV.

Jefferson Hospital's trauma center reportedly became so overwhelmed with gunshot victims that it had to turn away people.

Witness Joe Smith told the Philadelphia Inquirer, "Once it started I didn’t think it was going to stop. There was guttural screaming. I just heard screams."

Witness Eric Walsh said, "It was chaos. People were coming off the street with blood splatters on white sneakers and skinned knees and skinned elbows. We literally just were balling up napkins and wetting them and handing them to people."

Police recovered two guns at the crime scene – one of which had an extended magazine.

Around 11 p.m., there was a shooting a few blocks away – where police found 13 bullet casings, according to WCAU. Police are attempting to determine if the two shootings are connected.

There were no arrests by Sunday morning, and police are still searching for the gunmen.

As of Saturday, there were 211 homicides in Philadelphia this year, according to the Philadelphia Police Department. The number of homicides is down 6% percent from last year, which was the deadliest in the history of the city.

VIDEO:
https://twitter.com/MarcusFOX29/status/1533428107352367110?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1533428107352367110%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theblaze.com%2Fnews%2Fmass-shooting-philadelphia-video

https://www.theblaze.com/news/mass-shooting-philadelphia-video?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New-Trending-Story_WEEKEND%202022-06-05&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Breaking%20News

https://www.arcamax.com/currentnews/newsheadlines/s-2684421?ezine=567&r=RoBEC_NIW9S6i6NHQsNCmHvEL6oVntsg7yrhhl4V1ExDOjM1NjQ5MTg1ODpKOjIxMTY3MDU6TDo1Njc6UjoyNDE0Nzc6UzoyNjg0NDIxOlY6MTc4

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
ABOUT GRIEF & HOW TO HELP

Many people are inspired by the wisdom in the words of others – here are quotes by well-known identities, and the not-so-famous, whose thoughts can guide the way we view our own circumstances.

"When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure."
Author unknown

"If tears could build a stairway,and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again."
Author unknown

"Although it's difficult today to see beyond the sorrow, May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow."
Author unknown

"Grief is itself a medicine."
William Cowper

"Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose."
from The Wonder Years

"The risk of love is loss, and the price of loss is grief - But the pain of grief isonly a shadow when compared with the pain of never risking love."
Hillary Stanton Zunin

"You cannot prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over your head, but you can prevent them from building nests in your hair."
Old Chinese proverb

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal."
From a headstone in Ireland
"No one ever told me that grief felt so much like fear."
C.S Lewis

"Grief is not a disorder, a disease or a sign of weakness. It is an emotional, physical and spiritual necessity, the price you pay for love. The only cure for grief is to grieve."
Earl Grollman

"Nothing that grieves us can be called little; by the external laws of proportion a child's loss of a doll and a king's loss of a crown are events of the same size."
Mark Twain, 'Which Was The Dream?'

"There's a bit of magic in everything, and some loss to even things out."
Lou Reed, 'Magic And Loss'

"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love."
Washington Irving

"There is no pain so great as the memory of joy in present grief."
Aeschylus

"Tears are the silent language of grief."
Voltaire

"Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind."
Marcel Proust

"There is no grief like the grief that does not speak."
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"Grief can't be shared. Everyone carries it alone; his own burden in his own way."
Anne Morrow Lindbergh

"Grief is the price we pay for love."
Queen Elizabeth II

"Given a choice between grief and nothing, I'd choose grief."
William Faulkner

"Grief changes shape, but it never ends."
Keanu Reeves

"If you've got to my age, you've probably had your heart broken many times. So it's not that difficult to unpack a bit of grief from some little corner of your heart and cry over it."
Emma Thompson

"You don't go around grieving all the time, but the grief is still there and always will be."
Nigella Lawson

"Grief is like a moving river, it's always changing. I would say in some ways it just gets worse. It's just that the more time that passes, the more you miss someone."
Michelle Williams

"Grief knits two hearts in closer bonds than happiness ever can; and common sufferings are far stronger links than common joys."
Alphonse de Lamartine

"The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Let no one weep for me, or celebrate my funeral with mourning; for I still live, as I pass to and fro through the mouths of men."
Quintus Ennius

"Tears are sometimes an inappropriate response to death. When a life has been lived completely honestly, completely successfully, or just completely, the correct response to death's perfect punctuation mark is a smile."
Julie Burchill

"You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present."
Jan Gildwell

"As long as I can I will look at this world for both of us. As long as I can I will laugh with the birds, I will sing with the flowers, I will pray to the stars, for both of us."
Sascha

"When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight."
Kahlil Gibran

"There should be a statute of limitation on grief. A rule book that says it is all right to wake up crying, but only for a month. That after 42 days you will no longer turn with your heart racing, certain you have heard her call out your name. That there will be no fine imposed if you feel the need to clean out her desk; take down her artwork from the refrigerator; turn over a school portrait as you pass - if only because it cuts you fresh again to see it. That it's okay to measure the time she has been gone, the way we once measured her birthdays."
Jodi Picoult

"Grieving is a necessary passage and a difficult transition to finally letting go of sorrow - it is not a permanent rest stop."
Dodinsky

"Tears have a wisdom all their own. They come when a person has relaxed enough to let go and to work through his sorrow. They are the natural bleeding of an emotional wound, carrying the poison out of the system. Here lies the road to recovery."
F. Alexander Magoun

"When someone you love dies, and you're not expecting it, you don't lose her all at once; you lose her in pieces over a long time - the way the mail stops coming, and her scent fades from the pillows and even from the clothes in her closet and drawers. Gradually, you accumulate the parts of her that are gone. Just when the day comes - when there's a particular missing part that overwhelms you with the feeling that she's gone, forever - there comes another day, and another specifically missing part."
John Irving

"Give sorrow words; the grief that does not speak whispers the o'er-fraught heart and bids it break."
William Shakespeare

"No farewell words were spoken, no time to say goodbye, you were gone before we knew it, and only God knows why."
Author unknown

"I'm gone now, but I'm still very near, death can never separate us. Each time you feel a gentle breeze, it's my hand caressing your face. Each time the wind blows, it carries my voice whispering your name. When the wind blows your hair ever so slightly, think of it as me pushing a few stray hairs back in place. When you feel a few raindrops fall on your face, it's me placing soft kisses. At night look up in the sky and see the stars shining so brightly. I'm one of those stars and I'm winking at you and smiling with delight. For never forget, you're the apple of my eye."
Mary M Green

"There are three needs of the griever: To find the words for the loss, to say the words aloud and to know that the words have been heard."
Victoria Alexander

"You will lose someone you can't live without, and your heart will be badly broken, and the bad news is that you never completely get over the loss of your beloved. But this is also the good news. They live forever in your broken heart that doesn't seal back up. And you come through. It's like having a broken leg that never heals perfectly - that still hurts when the weather gets cold, but you learn to dance with the limp."
Anne Lamott

"Tears water our growth."
William Shakespeare

"Why does it take a minute to say hello and forever to say goodbye?"
Author unknown

"What soap is for the body, tears are for the soul."
Jewish proverb

"Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo legend

"When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure."
Author unknown

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference."
Author unknown

"Dying is nothing to fear. It can be the most wonderful experience of your life. It all depends on how you've lived."
Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
Dr. Seuss

"Although it's difficult today to see beyond the sorrow, may looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow."
Author unknown

"If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again."
Author unknown

"We've shared our lives these many years. You've held my hand; you've held my heart. So many blessings, so few tears - yet for a moment, we must part."
Author unknown

"A beautiful colourful rainbow could not exist if it were not for the rain of a grey day - it was born from the very droplets of it."
Author unknown

"In times of grief and sorrow I will hold you and rock you and take your grief and make it my own. When you cry I cry and when you hurt I hurt. And together we will try to hold back the floods of tears and despair and make it through the potholed street of life."
Nicholas Sparks 'The Notebook'

"Without you in my arms, I feel an emptiness in my soul. I find myself searching the crowds for your face - I know it's an impossibility, but I cannot help myself."
Nicholas Sparks 'Message In A Bottle'

"It's so curious: one can resist tears and 'behave' very well in the hardest hours of grief. But then someone makes you a friendly sign behind a window, or one notices that a flower that was in bud only yesterday has suddenly blossomed, or a letter slips from a drawer... and everything collapses."
Colette

"Time heals old pain, while it creates new ones."
Proverb

"These days grief seems like walking on a frozen river; most of the time he feels safe enough, but there is always that danger he will plunge through."
David Nicholls 'One Day'

"A life with love will have some thorns, but a life without love will have no roses."
Anonymous

"Love is like standing in wet cement, the longer you stay the harder to leave and you can never leave without leaving your marks behind."
Author unknown

"I don't know why they call it heartbreak. It feels like every part of my body is broken too."
Chloe Woodward

"The grave itself is but a covered bridge, Leading from light to light, through a brief darkness!"
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow 'The Golden Legend'

"In my dream, I was drowning my sorrows But my sorrows they'd learned to swim"
U2 'Until The End Of The World

"Every heart has its secret sorrows which the world knows not, and oftentimes we call a man cold, when he is only sad."
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"Forgiveness is healing ... especially forgiving yourself."
Alyson Noel 'Evermore'

"Of all Sad Words of Tongue or Pen, the Saddest are these, "It Might Have Been."
George Ade 'More Fables'

"A ton of regret never makes an ounce of difference."
Grenville Kleiser 'Dictionary Of Proverbs'

"That song is sweetest, bravest, best, Which plucks the thistle-barb of care From a despondent brother's breast, And plants a sprig of heart's-ease there."
Andrew Downing 'The Sweetest Song'

"I still miss those I loved who are no longer with me but I find I am grateful for having loved them. The gratitude has finally conquered the loss."
Rita Mae Brown

"Grief is what I feel when someone passes away, Grief is what I feel when I am concerned, Grief is what I feel when I have done wrong, Grief is what I feel when some accident happens, Grief is something that all people have gone through."
Brandi Reissig

"Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die, so let us all be thankful."
Buddhist quote

"Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world."
Buddhist quote

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
Buddhist quote

"May all beings everywhere, Seen and unseen, Dwelling far off or nearby, Being or waiting to become, May all be filled with lasting joy."
Buddhist quote

"Honest listening is one of the best medicines we can offer the dying and the bereaved."
Jean Cameron

"People touch our lives if only for a moment, And yet we're not the same from that moment on, The time is not important, The moment is forever."
Fern Bork

"Our grief is as individual as our lives."

"We must know the pain of loss; because if we never knew it, we would have no compassion for others, and we would become monsters of self-regard, creatures of unalloyed self-interest. The terrible pain of loss teaches humility to our prideful kind, has the power to soften uncaring hearts, to make a better person of a good one."
Dean Koontz 'The Darkest Evening Of The Year'

"People touch our lives if only for a moment, And yet we're not the same from that moment on, The time is not important, The moment is forever."
Fern Bork

"We get no choice. If we love, we grieve."
Thomas Lynch

"Say not in grief 'he is no more' but live in thankfulness that he was."
Hebrew proverb

"Everything that has a beginning has an ending. Make your peace with that and all will be well."
Buddhist saying

"We need never be afraid of our tears."
Charles Dickens

"Life is not the way it is supposed to be. It is the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."
Virginia Satir

"The melody that the loved one played upon the piano of your life will never be played quite that way again, but we must not close the keyboard and allow the instrument to gather dust. We must seek out other artists of the spirit, new friends who gradually will help us to find the road to life again, who will walk the road with us."
Joshua Loth Liebman

"Those things that hurt instruct."
Benjamin Franklin

"The fact that something has happened to a million other people diminishes neither grief nor joy."
Author unknown

"I will welcome happiness for it enlarges my heart; Yet I will endure sadness for it opens my soul. I will acknowledge rewards for they are my due; Yet I will welcome obstacles for they are my challenge."
Og Mandino

"Some people come in your life as blessings. Some come in your life as lessons."
Mother Teresa

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Helen Keller

"We do not have to rely on memories to recapture the spirit of those we have loved and lost – they live within our souls in some perfect sanctuary which even death cannot destroy."
Nan Witcomb

https://parade.com/1089418/kimberlyzapata/grief-quotes/

https://whatsyourgrief.com/64-quotes-about-grief/

https://www.womansday.com/life/g37793747/grief-quotes/

51 Best Songs About Death To Grieve To
https://www.musicgrotto.com/songs-about-death/

184 Songs About Sorrow, Grief, and Lost Loved Ones

https://spinditty.com/playlists/Pop-Rock-and-Country-Songs-About-Sorrow-Grief-and-Lost-Loved-Ones

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
:tello: "I miss Yibs."

:marvinmartian: "You still have smee."

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
~Musical Interlude~

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FrOQC-zEog

:sobbing:

:c:

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
Led Zeppelin - How Many More Times (Danmarks Radio 1969)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEPog_WdPE4

:jester:     :dance:    :kilt:

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
Led Zeppelin - Moby Dick (Live at The Royal Albert Hall 1970)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOb8otk7Y0U

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
Death of John Bonham

The Death Of Led Zeppelin's Drummer

In September 1980 all four members of Led Zeppelin had begun rehearsing in preparation for their first tour of North America since 1977, which was planned to kick off on October 17th in Montreal, Canada. The rehearsals took place near Jimmy Page’s Windsor home where the band was staying. It was here where John Paul Jones and Benje LeFevre (Led Zeppelin’s road manager) discovered Bonham’s body, in the morning of September 25th. Bonham had died tragically from inhalation of vomit in bed during his sleep, aged just 32.
(Welch & Nicholls, 2001, pg 120)

In the day leading up to his premature death, Bonham had been on a 12-hour binge drinking session, which began at noon and lasted until midnight, when he fell unconscious. He had consumed an alarming 40 units of vodka. (Welch & Nicholls, 2001, pg 120) The UK’s recommended maximum intake of alcoholic beverages per day for men is 3-4 units. After falling unconscious on a sofa, he was put to bed by an assistant where he could sleep off his drunkenness. The assistant laid him on his side with pillows for support.

John Paul Jones: “Benje and I found him. It was like, “Let’s go up and look at Bonzo, see how he is.” We tried to wake him up… It was terrible. Then I had to tell the other two… I had to break the news to Jimmy and Robert. It made me feel very angry – at the waste of him… I can’t say he was in good shape, because he wasn’t. There were some good moments during the last rehearsals … but then he started on the vodka.” “I think he had been drinking because there were some problems in his personal life. But he died because of an accident. He was lying down the wrong way, which could have happened to anybody who drank a lot.”
(Welch & Nicholls, 2001, pg 121)

An ambulance was called in the morning immediately after Bonham was discovered, but it was too late for them to do anything. The police also arrived at Jimmy’s house, but no suspicious circumstances were identified.

An inquest into John Bonham’s death was held at East Berkshire coroner’s court on October 18th where it was determined that Bonham had died from inhalation of his own vomit during sleep which led to pulmonary edema. (Pulmonary edema describes fluid accumulation in the lungs, which can cause respiratory failure.) The cause of death was put down as “consumption of alcohol”. A verdict of accidental death was arrived at and recorded.

Robert Plant describes John’s frame of mind as they drove to their last rehearsal together: “On the very last day of his life, as we drove to the rehearsal, he was not quite as happy as he could be. He said, “I’ve had it with playing drums. Everybody plays better than me.” We were driving in the car and he pulled off the sun visor and threw it out the window as he was talking. He said, “I’ll tell you what, when we get to the rehearsal, you play the drums and I’ll sing.” And that was our last rehearsal.” (Welch & Nicholls, 2001, pg 121)

John Bonham’s family funeral service took place on October 10th 1980 at Rushock Parish Church in Worcestershire. Around 250 mourners attended, made up of family, friends, band mates and other musicians including: Roy Wood, Denny Laine, Bev Bevan and Jeff Lynne. Paul McCartney left a wreath and tributes flooded in from fellow drummers including Carmine Appice, Phil Collins, Cozy Powell and Carl Palmer. After the family service, the funeral procession made its way to Worcester Crematorium where the final service was held.
(Bonham, 2005, pg 199)

Swan Song Records (Led Zeppelins record label started by their manager Peter Grant) issued a statement on December 4th 1980, which addressed the many rumors regarding the bands uncertain future following the death of Led Zeppelin’s drummer John Bonham:

“We wish it to be known that the loss of our dear friend and the deep sense of undivided harmony felt by ourselves and our manager, have led us to decide that we could not continue as we were.”

https://johnbonham.co.uk/death/john-bonham-dead.html

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
One more for the Road.....

Led Zeppelin - Rock And Roll (Alternate Mix) (Official Music Video)

Johmathan .B. Swift
7 years ago
I never heard anything like this back then, since and still. LED ZEPPELIN is the king of all Rock and Roll.

Isaac Vargas Azofeifa
5 years ago
This brings me memories of myself dancing in the 70's, even though I was  born in 98

Wild E
5 years ago
Zep will still be played 1000 years from today.

Dean Short
2 months ago
For me growing up in the '70's this song is one of my top ten favorites... Fifty years later it's still in my top ten. Nothing like the pounding perfect Rock 'N Roll energy of this song!

Ron Tello
1 year ago
Without Led Zeppelin, I am nothing.

Ed Rybicki
4 years ago
I remember so vividly when this came out: one of the most solid sounds I had ever heard - and I'd been listening to Led Zep since 1969. Still a go-to headbanger B-)

jonhyosbourne
1 year ago
No doubt is a fact, Led Zeppelin is one of the best, most legendary bands ever exited! ?

Silly Bunny
1 year ago
As a former video graphic designer, and of course, a huge Zeppelin fan, this video is very inspiring, to the point of me wanting to pick up the pen again. Kudos to the visual artists who created this! May you, like Led Zeppelin, go on to continue to create great works!

Carmela Avila
1 year ago
The 50th anniversary of the 4th album is this year. Led Zeppelin is timeless. 🎸🎹🥁🎤

Frankincensed
5 years ago
There's a reason Zep is the best band ever. Jimmy Page, the riff myster (NO ONE came up with more diverse, original, ground breaking music) along with Plant, in his own right the riff myster of melody and rhythm, couldn't be matched. Then you throw in the power house father of rock drumming, Bonzo, and master musician / composer JPJ, there's really no band like them. They could rock your gut to the core or send you off on realms of fantasy and intrigue. Amazing.

Juarez Mendes
5 months ago
Led zeppelin total total 🇧🇷🎸🎤🥁🤘👏👏👏👏

marietemporubato
7 years ago
So catchy and adorable! Please don't stop the music!

James Hagy
7 years ago
Wow, the drums are very intense on this version. Best one I have heard to date!!

isthisaQuestion
2 years ago
Without dispute, and awesomely rendered, the epitome and definition of Rock & Roll (with an amazing video to support it)... just the ideal distillation of the genre with the voice to make it happen... thank you Led Zeppelin for the perfect moment!

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
Hillary Clinton Roasted for Tweet Claiming ‘No One Actually Needs an AR-15’

Former Democrat presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was torched on social media after sending out a tweet claiming that “No one actually needs an AR-15.”

After enjoying years of taxpayer-funded protection from agencies and departments using bodyguards with a variety of weapons, including AR-15’s, Clinton is still choosing to push the left’s position that the average American doesn’t need one.

According to her reasoning, she and other politicians deserve 24/7 protection with heavily armed security, while the American people must be slowly disarmed.

MORE:
https://thecongressionalinsider.com/hillary-clinton-roasted-for-tweet-claiming-no-one-actually-needs-an-ar-15/

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
100 Best Survival Books of All Time

If you’re reading this, you probably already know the importance of studying books about emergency preparedness and survival, so I won’t bore you with a long intro about why you should read. Instead, I’ll just briefly explain how I came up with this list.

Over the past 8 years or so, I’ve read and enjoyed about 1/3 of these books. The ones I haven’t read were either recommended by experts I trust or have at least 4.5 stars on Amazon with at least 20 reviews (as of this writing), so you can rest assured that these are all high-quality books.

https://urbansurvivalsite.com/best-survival-books/

https://homesteadsurvivalsite.com/manuals-cookbooks-homesteader-own/

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
:tello: "I have always had a morbid fascination with 'Freaks'.

People who are:

Abnormal, out-of-sorts, aberrant, dysfunctional, mutant, anomalous,
atypical
bizarre
irregular
odd
peculiar
strange
unexpected
unnatural
unusual
weird
anomalistic
curious
deviant
deviate
deviating
divergent
eccentric
grody
gross
off-base
off-color
out of line
psychotic
spastic
unorthodox

and uncommonly flocked-up in the head, body and soul.

I went to Public School with them.

Lived amongst them.

Suffered them, and ultimately CANCELLED them all.

With a few exceptions.

They are everywhere, but lucky me they are keeping their distance.

Life is cheap.
Everything in it is pricey.

Don't quit your dayjob.
Tomorrow it won't be there.

Get a new scheme on life.

GO FIGURE OR DIE.

I hope this helps."

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
Biden fails fact-check on claim that more children died from guns than in car accidents

June 03, 2022   

Even NBC News couldn't save President Joe Biden from a false claim he made in order to frighten Americans into voting for more gun control restrictions.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/biden-guns-children-deaths-cars?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New-Trending-Story_WEEKEND%202022-06-04&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Breaking%20News

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
Number of minorities buying firearms skyrockets despite D.C. debating gun control measures

June 4, 2022

In a fiery speech on the House floor, Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) thanked her Democratic colleagues “for their outstanding work in encouraging millions of Americans to celebrate their Second Amendment rights by purchasing their first, second, or even one-hundredth firearm,” and it appears she wasn’t exaggerating — gun sales among minority groups in the nation have skyrocketed over the past few years, and the tragic events at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, has only served to reinvigorate their support for the Second Amendment.

https://americanwirenews.com/number-of-minorities-buying-firearms-skyrockets-despite-d-c-debating-gun-control-measures/?utm_campaign=bizpac&utm_content=Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_source=Get%20Response&utm_term=EMAIL

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
Why did JFK’s casket
stay closed?

Ultimately the decision was Jackie’s, Jack’s wife.

She had been strongly pressured by Robert McNamara the Secretary of Defense, and a host of others, saying that as President and the leader of the Free World, it was necessary that there be an open casket so the world and the public could view him one last time, but…

Despite the long efforts of the mortuary people to restore his features, when Jackie saw him again, her reaction was “He does not look like himself. That's not him.” And when Jack’s brother, Robert saw him, he agreed, so he backed her up. Jackie wanted the world to remember John F. Kennedy as he was.

So the casket stayed closed.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
What’s the craziest thing throughout history that has never fully been explained?

Jean-Marie Valheur

There’s one story that has always absolutely fascinated me. Zana of Abkhazia is the one that always does it for me. She was an ape-like woman who was captured in what is now the country of Georgia, then a part of Russia. It was the year 1850 and no one had ever seen something quite like Zana…

It was a group of Georgian hunters who first captured Zana, that fateful day in 1850. She was an enormous person, taller than any of the men, perhaps 6?6? or 6?7? and much of her body was covered in thick, course hair. She had a large chest, thick arms and legs, and enormous hands larger than those of any man. It took twelve men to overpower her and bring her to the nearest village.

Based on her skull shape and her powerful physique, some assumed Zana was an off-shoot of the Neanderthal, perhaps one of the last remaining of her kind. Others thought she was a Yeti, a magical creature. She never learned how to speak human language, although she was able to make herself understood with basic gestures. Wild at first, her behavior soon mellowed and she was able to function somewhat within the village, doing basic domestic tasks like carrying things, grinding corn and such.

Zana had an unusually strong tolerance for cold, could consume raw meat and even spoiled food with no apparant signs of illness. She would leave rooms when they were heated, preferring the ice cold outside. Zana was studied, briefly, after which she was neglected. In spite of her fearsome strength and inability to talk, she gave birth to several children — she may have been raped, no details of the father(s) is known. The first baby the giant wild woman gave birth to, she tried to wash in an ice cold river… it died shortly after. Subsequent babies were taken in by other families after birth, and survived.

The first picture in this answer, a collage, shows a photograph in black and white of a man named “Khwit”, who was one of Zana’s sons. Zana died in 1890… her skull and that of Khwit were later studied and their shape was rather unusual for a modern humanoid. Two grandsons of Zana became miners and were known for their unusual physical strength. All were remarkably tall and hairy.

We may never know exactly who, or what, Zana was. Was she the last member of a group of hunter-gatherers? Was she a mentally ill feral person who suffered from a hormonal disorder? Was she a different species of mankind, a mythological creature, or just a really tall and strong woman who was abandoned to the wild as a child? So many questions. So few answers.

https://www.quora.com/What-s-the-craziest-thing-throughout-history-that-has-never-fully-been-explained

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
What’s the craziest thing throughout history that has never fully been explained?

Sanctus Exitium

The technology of the Egyptians, and other megalithic cultures able to cut 800 ton stones perfectly and move them miles. The ability to bore holes in granite several meters, move huge perfectly cut sarcophagi move them through tunnels only slightly larger.

How woolly mammoths were flash frozen found buried in mud with hundreds of feet of mud twisted and torn up trees, when thawed fresh flowers just eaten were still in tact. The mammoth meat still so fresh it could be eaten.

The single most crazy thing of all time though is, how did Biden get 81 million Americans to vote for him when there was only 60 million people in the US dumb enough to vote for him?

https://www.quora.com/What-s-the-craziest-thing-throughout-history-that-has-never-fully-been-explained

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
Stupid Never Sleeps And Wants To Cut Class
Editor At The Atlantic Students Stop Attending School Over Guns
Typical Liberal Lunacy without a clue

A senior editor at The Atlantic has come up with yet another idea to attack the Second Amendment, once again using children as emotional weapons against lawmakers.

Gal Beckerman, a senior editor at left-wing news outlet the Atlantic, wrote a piece proposing a protest movement in which students refuse to return to school next fall until Congress enacts gun control legislation.

“Today, I’m left with one conclusion: The children and parents of our country need to take the summer to organize locally, build a set of national demands, and then refuse to go back to school in the fall until Congress does something,” he wrote.

Beckerman claimed that this movement would be enough to pressure lawmakers into taking action,(or Grounds for School Administration to send everybody to Detention.)

“One thing we’ve learned from the pandemic is that when children aren’t in school, society strains. This would make a strike an extremely powerful form of leverage,” he wrote.

“A walkout with enough students involved and taking place over days, not minutes, puts concrete pressure on officials, from the municipal level all the way up to Washington,” Beckerman added.

Not only will the campaign have an effect on Congress, the editor wrote, but it will also hurt American parents. Apparently, according to him, that would be a good motivator as well.

“When students aren’t in school, parents have difficulty getting to work,” Beckerman wrote. “Suddenly understaffed services—hospitals, subways—suffer the consequences. Politicians and local officials have a mess on their hands—children falling behind in learning, parents overloaded—and a strong incentive to accede to a demand.”

He then called on students, parents, and teachers to “mobilize” in planning this movement over the summer, from the logistics of the actual protest to the demands.

“What if students, parents, and teachers took the next three months to mobilize? They could create thousands of local committees supporting the strike and decide on what the national demand might be—say, an assault-weapon ban. They could figure out the mutual support and child care they would need to get through the days and maybe weeks it would take for Congress to act. They could bolster their commitment to one idea, one tactic. For the youngest children, parents would have to take the lead,” Beckerman noted.

All of this is in response to the mass shooting which took place at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, which left 19 children and two teachers dead. Since the incident, Democrats have ramped up their calls for gun control, though there is no indication that any of their policy proposals would actually do anything to curb gun violence. Democrat-run cities, which have the strictest gun-control policies, are some of the most violent areas in the country, especially since law-abiding citizens are stripped of their rights to self-defense.

https://thecongressionalinsider.com/editor-at-the-atlantic-students-stop-attending-school-over-guns/

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
20 Places to Scavenge for Supplies After SHTF

Some of you might be thinking, “I’m a prepper, I won’t have to scavenge for supplies. I already have everything I need.” Maybe, maybe not.

Even if you’ve been prepping for years, it’s still possible you forgot a few things. But even if you didn’t forget anything, you could still end up in a situation where you need something you never thought you’d need.

What if your shelter or vehicle is damaged? You may have to go looking for parts.

What if a crucial piece of gear is destroyed? You may have to go looking for a replacement.

What if your mother’s prescription medications are lost? You may have to go looking for replacement meds.

What if you have to take in a pregnant woman or a parent with a small child? You may have to go looking for baby formula.

These are just a few possibilities off the top of my head. There are dozens of situations you won’t think of until you’re in them.

The point is, you might have to scavenge for supplies after the shite hits the fan. If someone’s life is on the line, you’ll have no choice. But before I explain how to scavenge, I want to clear up some confusion about the difference between scavenging and looting.

Scavenging is Not Looting
After hurricane Katrina, we all saw videos of people running down the street with arms full of jewelry and electronics. Were they scavenging or looting? I think that’s pretty clear. Looters are not looking for things they need to stay alive; they’re just taking advantage of the situation.

Looters know someone is going to miss the stolen items. They know the owner will eventually return and find out what’s missing. For these reasons, looters are no different from common thieves.

Scavengers are completely different. They only search for things after the end of the world as we know it, and they only take things that have been discarded or are unlikely to be missed. Or there's no one alive to claim them.

There could be a situation where you have to take food or medicine that will be missed, but I believe this is justified if someone needs it to live. Taking food or medicine right out of someone else’s hands is another matter. Don't do that.

I know of some legalists who insist that stealing is stealing no matter the circumstances, but in my opinion, morality is not a simple list of do’s and don’ts. And frankly, people who are squeamish about morally gray areas will not do well after the SHTF.

Moving on, here’s how to scavenge after the SHTF.

https://urbansurvivalsite.com/scavenge-after-shtf/

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
35 Cheap Supplies You Should Get While You Still Can

When you are building up a stockpile, it can be a financial worry. Even when you focus on thrifty options, it can be daunting to budget for items both for your family’s use now and for an emergency scenario.

However, after planning for food and water needs, you might be overlooking some dirt-cheap items that would serve you well in a survival situation. These are inexpensive everyday items we tend to take for granted when all is well. However, in an emergency, they will do more than just come in handy.

We took a tour of our local dollar store with a survival perspective in mind and found many dirt-cheap items that would not only serve more than one purpose in an emergency but would be valuable for bartering.

https://homesteadsurvivalsite.com/dirt-cheap-items-stockpile/

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
goddamm facebook!

I got pinched 2 days ago for this pic only, no text,
and I deleted it.

They sent me a message...
this one that I got just now.....

Support Message
Today at 10:37 PM
We added a notice to your post
The post includes information that independent fact-checkers said was false.
False information in a post that you shared
You shared a photo.
Jun 4, 2022
Independent fact-checkers reviewed a similar photo and said it was false.
Sep 9, 2019
Facebook determined your post has the same false photo and added a notice to the post.
People who repeatedly share false information might have their posts moved lower in News Feed so other people are less likely to see them.
From independent fact-checkers
This false claim has no sourcing. NASA still says climate change is primarily caused by greenhouse gases facebook Admin.
Lead Stories

Idiots!

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
How do narcissists apologize?

Tess Cooper
Bachelor Social Sciences & Psychology, Western Sydney University (2021)
Answered Sep 3, 2019

I dated a narcissist and after a brutal discard and the most horrific emotional abuse. In his first attempt at a Hoover he came to my house “to apologise”. He spent a good hour or so recapping our relationship like a highlight reel. ‘Remember how we were at the cinema and you told me you loved me for the first time, remember this, remember that’… he put me right where he wanted me - he warmed me up with all the good memories we shared while he was love-bombing me in the beginning of the relationship.

Before the abuse and gaslighting and periods of going MIA and the cheating began. And then he started saying about how HE was sad when HE BROKE UP WITH ME. How LONELY and UPSET he was that I was gone from his life. And he then apologised profusely.

He grabbed my hands and looked dramatically into my eyes and whispered “I’m so sorry for everything it was all my fault”. Aaaaaaaaaaand for a hot second I believed it. And then I looked into his overly emotive dramatic face and looked at his hands cradling mine and in that moment I just started laughing uncontrollably. I mean after the literal 2.35 seconds where the trauma bonded part of me was like ‘wow that’s all I needed to hear - please take me back’…. then I realised how much he’d layered it on thinking I’d fall hook line and sinker once again for all his theatrical fuckery and I could not stop laughing at him and his real life attempt at reenacting soap box afternoon dramas.

It was honestly so pathetic and to think that kind of horrendous acting used to fly with me. When he realised that I wasn’t going to accept his apology and his attempt at hoovering me back into his bullshit was going to be unsuccessful he rescinded his apology. He literally said “well I didn’t mean it anyway I was just testing you” - (the kind of response you’d expect from a petty preschooler.) and he started pointing out all my flaws and really reiterating why he dumped me and How he’s so happy without me etc etc.

So in short, an apology for a narcissist is only ever for show, or to further their agenda. They are never truly sorry or regretful for hurting you or making you feel any kind of way. When they portray their regret or sorrow about something it is because you removed their supply source in response to them treating you badly.

Lauren K
Loved a Narcissist
Answered Aug 9, 2019
Originally Answered: How does a narcissist get out of having to apologize? What strategies did you personally see them use to avoid responsibility ?

In order:

Lying or denying that the occurrence ever happened. Proof is totally irrelevant and will be ignored. If you obtained proof from someone else and caught them in a lie, the fact that you “went digging" and are “now a detective” will be the point of discussion. “Nosey, like drama, keeping up bullshit, don't want to be happy, blaming me for your exs, embarrassing me, you could've just asked me, and if you can't trust me we're not going to work" come to mind.

Re-writing reality/distorting the facts by admitting it happened, but not the way you say. Then, explaining the scenario to you as if you are completely incompetent. This usually involves statements like: “you misunderstood, you misinterpreted it, that's not what I meant, here's what actually happened.”

Flipping it back on you, re-assigning blame by either inventing some part of it that you are responsible for, pointing to something that has nothing to do with it as the cause of their action (common), usually from forever ago. Coming up with a time or an example when “you did the same thing" while removing the intent behind your actions to make it appear as if you are being unfair, hypocritical. This usually ends with you veering off into a conversation where you are explaining yourself, instead of them.

Guilting you into believing you are the one who should be sorry for starting trouble “all the time" for “no reason" and “out of nowhere.” This involves statements like: “you took it wrong, you're over-thinking it, you're being too sensitive, you're crazy, here we go again, I don't have to deal with this, I see why your ex left you, my ex didn't act like this, you're always mad” etc.

Taking accountability for some miniscule aspect of it and downplaying the rest of it, hoping you accept that and will back off.

Apologize for all of it indirectly by bribing you immediately after with a distraction - something you asked for a long time ago or a “surprise" to off-set your anger, hoping you will forget about it.

Apologize for all of it by repeating what you said they did, without adding any proof of comprehensive understanding. Then, throwing their apology on you like a sticker, expecting it to suffice, and if it does not, ripping it off and taking it back.

Making you pay for their apology or even for having made them feel as if they should apologize by doing something that garners an even BIGGER apology, where you forget about the orignial apology because now, you have bigger fish to fry.

All of the above or none at all, repeating the orignial action that you expressed upset you, again and again until you flip out. Then, using your anger against you to prove that you owe them an apology, and prove that you really were overreacting, all along.

Repeat.

(or silent treatment, “discard")

https://www.quora.com/How-do-narcissists-apologize

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
Biden Policies Swell Foreign-Born Population to Record 47 Million

As the Biden administration’s open borders policies continue to allow an ongoing invasion by illegal migrants, the U.S. foreign-born population has grown to a record 47 million as of April.

https://conservativeamericatoday.com/biden-policies-swell-foreign-born-population-to-record-47-million/

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
Hawaii man refuses to surrender
'FCK BLM' vanity license plate despite warnings from the city

June 05, 2022  

A man from Hawaii refuses to surrender his vanity license plate that reads: "FCK BLM." The man has defied the city government's orders to stop driving around the vehicle with the anti-Black Lives Matter gesture.

Last August, KITV reporter Tom George highlighted a "FCK BLM" vanity license plate after a viewer brought it to his attention. The reporter found that the license plate with the abbreviation for "f*** Black Lives Matter" was an actual license plate after searching the Honolulu database.

George shared the license plate in a Twitter post that asked, "Racism on the road?"

The license plate appears to have been spotted on a red Pontiac Trans Am. The driver also had a sign that read: "Trump 2024 Because F*** You."

George contacted the Honolulu government about the "FCK BLM" license plate, which admitted that it was an "ill-advised oversight during the review process."

Personalized license plates with the abbreviations "FCK" and "FELAFUCK" are prohibited.

The license plate was recalled and the owner was ordered to surrender it.

However, the driver is still allegedly driving with the same personalized license plate nearly a year later despite warnings from the city.

Viewers of the TV station claimed that they had seen the car driving around Oahu despite the driver's registration and inspection sticker reportedly being expired.

The Department of Customer Services (CDS) ordered the driver to forfeit the anti-BLM license plate.

The CDS said it sent three notices to the man to surrender the "FCK BLM" license plate, but the motorist has refused to do so.

"CSD has placed a hold on further renewals of his vehicle registration and his registration is now expired," the CDS told KITV. "HPD [Honolulu Police Department] is able to cite the vehicle if it is being operated on the roads."

The Honolulu Police Department told the station that they can not go on private property to remove license plates, but could initiate a traffic stop if violators are on the road.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/hawaii-man-fckblm-license-plate?utm_source=theblaze-7DayTrendingTest&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=The%20Blaze%20PM%20Trending%202022-06-05&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%207%20Day%20Engagement

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
Ohio's Republican governor will sign a bill allowing school employees
to carry guns

June 04, 2022

Public schools in the state of Ohio will be able to begin arming employees as soon as this upcoming fall under legislation recently passed by the state legislature that will soon be signed by the state’s Republican Governor Mike DeWine.

The Associated Press reported that Ohio Democrats opposed the legislation despite it being optional for schools. Ohio Democrats argued that passing and signing the bill into law sends the wrong message in the wake of the Uvalde, Texas massacre in which a lone gunman killed 19 school children and two teachers.

Despite Democratic opposition, the Republican majority in the state’s legislature insisted that the measure could prevent future tragedies like the one in Uvalde. State lawmakers subsequently fast-tracked the legislation to counter the impact of a court ruling that said, under current state law, armed school workers would need hundreds of hours of training to be permitted to carry a firearm while on the clock.

The Statehouse News Bureau, a regional Ohio-based media outlet, reported that the new legislation reduces the amount of training for school personnel to 24 hours from 700.

Gov. DeWine insisted that the bill will, in fact, protect children by ensuring that the firearm training that school employees will now receive will be specific to respective schools and school systems and will include “significant” scenario-based training.

DeWine said, “Ultimately, each school will make its own decision. So we’re not telling any school district – we have over 600 school districts in the state – the school board of that school will decide whether they want to arm teachers or not.”

He continued, “We will also be giving schools the choice of providing additional training, that we will stake out [and] provide for if they decide that they want more than 24 hours for a teacher.”

Reportedly, major law enforcement groups, gun control advocates, and the state’s teachers’ unions oppose the legislation and requested that DeWine veto it. It is not clear whether they provided alternative policy proposals.

Notably, local police departments and certain school districts within the state expressed support for the legislation.

In the latest version of the legislation, school employees who carry guns will need eight hours of requalification training annually in order to recertify their ability to carry while on school grounds.

DeWine is expected to sign the bill into law later this month. He also recently announced that the state’s construction budget will provide $100 million for school security upgrades and $5 million for security upgrades at colleges across the state.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/-2657458009?utm_source=theblaze-7DayTrendingTest&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Afternoon%20Auto%20Trending%207%20Day%20Engaged%202022-06-04&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%207%20Day%20Engagement

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
Record Number Of Canadians Tragically Lose Handguns In Ice Fishing Accidents

June 3rd, 2022

CANADA—A record number of Canadians have suddenly lost their handguns in tragic ice fishing accidents, say officials with the Canadian Firearms Program.

According to sources, the majority of missing firearms were reported missing the moment Prime Minister Trudeau finished announcing a slate of new gun laws.

Trudeau was reportedly flummoxed by the news. "Ice fishing is a beloved Canadian pastime but it's summertime, ay? You'd have to go up to the Northwest Territories to do any fishing this time of year, you know, but a lot of the missing guns are from citizens of Toronto."

"But the people love me, ay. They wouldn't lie aboot something like this."

Dave Quail of Edmonton is just one of many Canadian gun owners that are adamant they lost their handguns. "Look, I know it's hard to believe, ay, but I was ice fishing at Wabamun Lake, and wouldn't you know it, all four of my handguns fell out of my parka and into the lake!"

Lake Wabamun's ice-out date was back in April, but Quail—and others—insist their favorite fishing holes were covered in ice a mere four days ago.

"Don't have any more guns at home," said Rick Meese, a small business owner in Quebec City. "Lost my 9mm while ice fishing, I did. And then a moose ate my assault rifle! Wild, ay?"

Noah Jackson, head of the Canadian Wildlife Service, is adamant that tales of lost firearms are completely fabricated and people must be held accountable for lying to the government.

"But not me, I actually did lose my entire armory while ice fishing," said Jackson. "No, I won't tell you where I was fishing."

https://babylonbee.com/news/record-number-of-canadians-tragically-lose-handguns-in-ice-fishing-accidents/?seyid=4976

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
Biden's 'Rolling Calamities'
Aren't His Fault?

As we march into June, the midterm prospects for the Democrats look very bleak. President Joe Biden's approval ratings are often under 40%, below Donald Trump's numbers at this point, when the TV soothsayers were always predicting "the walls were closing in" on Trump. His presidency would surely self-destruct in 5 seconds.

It's rough enough for Biden that NBC News ran an online article by four reporters who gained anonymous access to "more than two dozen current and former administration officials, lawmakers, congressional aides and other Democrats close to the White House."

The headline was "Inside a Biden White House adrift."

"Amid a rolling series of calamities and sinking approval ratings, the president's feeling lately is that he just can't catch a break — and that angst is rippling through his party," the subhead read.

You can tell the journalists are Democrats when Biden is never considered responsible in any way for any "calamities." No, just like the press under Jimmy Carter, NBC says "crises have piled up in ways" that "made the Biden White House look flat-footed: record inflation, high gas prices, a rise in Covid case numbers."

Incompetence is unthinkable. It's just bad luck.

They found author Chris Whipple to speak on the record about the "epic challenges," lamenting the poor Bidenites "came in with the most daunting set of challenges arguably since Franklin D. Roosevelt, only to then be hit by a perfect storm of crises, from Ukraine to inflation to the supply chain to baby formula. What's next? Locusts?"

When Republicans are in the White House, nearly every problem in America is blamed on Republican rule. Under Democrats, it's just a "perfect storm" of mysterious failures.

The funniest line in this narrative was that Biden "has vented to aides about not getting credit from Americans or the news media for actions he believes have helped the country, particularly on the economy." Biden's blaming the news media! Somehow, they aren't dedicated and dutiful servants for the Democrats.

They really can't complain about NBC when they've picked up both Biden press secretary Jen Psaki and Vice President Kamala Harris spokesperson Symone Sanders to repeat Democrat talking points on "news" programs on MSNBC and Peacock.

It's also amusing that Biden grumbled about being corrected when he steps in rhetorical doo-doo. "He makes a clear and succinct statement — only to have aides rush to explain that he actually meant something else," reported NBC. "The so-called clean-up campaign, he has told advisers, undermines him and smothers the authenticity that fueled his rise."

Don't "smother the authenticity" when Biden says something that sets the globe on edge. The NBC example here was Biden said in Poland that Vladimir Putin "cannot remain in power." He didn't want anyone "walking that back." Or when he said America would go to war to China to defend Taiwan. He's "authentically" reckless.

Biden thinks his staff shouldn't correct him because it gives Republicans a talking point. Wrong. That talking point is already there, whether they correct it or not. He sounds like a blabbering boob. Democrats all thought Trump was the loose-lipped generalissimo who would tweet us into global war, so what is this?

NBC found surprising "managerial breakdowns," upending "an assumption baked into Biden's candidacy ... that he would preside over a smoothly running administration by dint of his decades of experience in public office."

That "baked assumption" of Biden's smooth competence has collapsed under the weight of reality. The assumption was always false, but the media sold it aggressively. Now Biden pressures them to engage in ridiculous happy talk about his accomplishments. He's more likely to succeed in manipulating journalists than he has succeeded in manipulating the economy.

https://rightandfree.com/news/2022/05/31/bidens-rolling-calamities-arent-his-fault?utm_medium=email&utm_source=news&seyid=4976

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
I've always liked the poster that reads: "GOVERNMENT - If you think the problems we create are bad, wait until you see our solutions"

Out of Formula
Parents still struggle to find baby formula.

The left and most media (sorry, same thing?) blame "corporate power run amok." House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says, "There might be a need for indictment!"

They blame Abbott Laboratories, because it shut down a Similac plant. The Food and Drug Administration says unsanitary conditions led to deaths of two infants, but Abbott denies that its formula recall had anything to do with those deaths.

In any case, one factory closure doesn't normally cause massive shortages.

My new video gives the real reason for the formula shortage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGV8Cb6YCR4

First: bans on imports. There's plenty of formula on supermarket shelves in Mexico and Europe. Normally, American companies would just buy that and ship it here.

But they can't, because of several destructive government policies.

"The dairy industry in the United States has a really long history of lobbying the government and achieving protection," explains Cato Institute trade policy specialist Scott Lincicome.

That "protection" includes fat tariffs on formula from overseas and outright bans by the FDA.

There was a gray market where people were getting around these rules. "American parents enlisted third-party sellers to obtain European infant formula," says Lincicome.

Boxes of formula arrived, but customs won't let American parents have it. They've "been seizing European baby formula shipments at the border, much like a drug seizure," says Lincicome.

Why are imports banned? For safety, says the government, but formula is often banned for stupid bureaucratic reasons.

"If you have the wrong scooper, banned!" says Lincicome. "If you don't list a certain ingredient that the FDA demands, you're banned!" If ingredients are listed in the "wrong" order or aren't listed in English, the food is banned "even if a third-party retailer provides you with the English translation."

I say to Lincicome, "I would think that government now would suspend those rules."

"It certainly should," he replies. "But the dairy industry lobbied very hard for these rules that provided them essentially a captive market. They're not going to give that up easily."

Because of the shortage, our government has now approved imports from one British company. They also launched "Operation Fly Formula," which flies formula here in military planes.

But these responses are pathetic. They pick up only the few bottles made in FDA-approved facilities, and then they waste time re-inspecting it on arrival.

"They want make sure the formula is safe," I say to Lincicome.

"A legitimate concern if it were infant formula from China," he replies. "But the largest producer of formula is in Europe.

Maybe the European product isn't as safe.

"It is!" says Lincicome. "It's exported all over the world." But we can't have it because "the FDA is extremely jealous of its regulatory authority."

Another reason for the shortage is government limits on competition.

America's food stamp-like program, WIC, grants exclusive licenses in each state to just one company. Like all welfare programs, WIC (it stands for women, infants and children) has grown. It now buys half of all baby formula in America.

Abbott Nutrition grabbed most of that market by offering government the lowest price. Good for them. But after Abbott's recall, there were few alternatives for parents to turn to.

"It's going to take weeks for Abbott to get manufacturing up and running again because they're going to need FDA clearance," says Lincicome. "The time for fixing this was months before the crisis hit, because now we have a highly concentrated domestic market (and) a tariff and regulatory wall around the country."

Much of what government does involves trying to fix things government messed up in the first place.

But politicians rarely admit that. They blame business.

On the floor of Congress, big government lovers like Connecticut's Rep. Rosa DeLauro complain about "corporate greed" and demand the FDA be given more money. "The usual suspects blame capitalism and greedy corporations," says Lincicome. "Clearly it's government policy that's causing the biggest problems."

https://rightandfree.com/news/2022/05/31/out-of-formula?utm_medium=email&utm_source=news&seyid=4976

We can airlift money and equipment to Ukraine overnight, but takes months to get baby formula to the USA. Good thing we have our priorities in line.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
It's Time To Move Past the
Gun Control Debate Loop

It's almost impossible to think of anything as horrifying as a group of innocent young kids gunned down by a madman in their classroom. Just imagining the terror those kids faced is enough to break even the hardest of hearts. That's the horror America is wrestling with today. What to do about it is a harder question.

Many turn immediately to gun control. The problem is there are few if any gun control measures that would likely help very much. America already has more guns than people. Someone who wants one will find one. New laws will not deter those already committed to breaking the law.

Outlawing private gun ownership altogether, confiscating all existing guns and making possession illegal would at least hold the potential of making it more difficult for crazy people to get their hands on one — but that will never happen in America.

There is near total national consensus against an idea that radical.

Guns have been part of American culture for centuries. Moreover, the U.S. Supreme Court has already confirmed the right of private law-abiding American citizens to own guns under the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

No matter how much some leftists want it to happen, and no matter what other countries choose to do, in America, the government can't take our guns away. For all these reasons, private gun ownership in America is not going away.

That leaves open the question: Is there anything to be done at all?

The key questions in any gun control debate are: No. 1: whether the regulations in question will actually help quell illegal gun violence; and No. 2: how much the regulations will hinder the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. The reality is there are many left-wing Democrats who would like to ban most private gun ownership.

Some have come out and said just that. Gun rights advocates analyze any gun proposal with that in mind. Are there reasonable actions that can and should be taken that would not fundamentally harm law-abiding gun owners?

Probably.

Many gun owners and Second Amendment activists would consider them if they did not presume bad intentions on the part of those pushing them hardest.

Things like improving the instant background-check system, and even enhancing that system for young gun buyers at a time of a booming mental health crisis among young Americans, may be worth a look.

But to pretend that any of that is going to fundamentally change the dynamic is not realistic.

Banning certain categories of guns altogether has been tried before. President Bill Clinton's so-called assault weapons ban was in place for years but had no real effect on gun crime. Red-flag laws may offer some promise, but for those who care about Second Amendment rights to agree, there has to be ample due process injected into the process. Democrats have not been willing to debate these things.

If Democrats are serious about wanting these reforms and not just trying to score political points, they should agree to open debates. Debates over legislation in the past ended when Democrats refused Republicans amendments. That reeks of political grandstanding and not serious policymaking and compromise.

Finally, all reasonable people should be able to agree that those committing crimes with guns should receive the toughest sentences. Richmond, Virginia's Project Exile in the 1990s was a shining example of the benefits of tougher enforcement of laws against criminals using guns. Gun density in rural America is much higher than it is in cities, but gun crime rates are far lower.

This may not directly address the school shooting tragedies; the number of crime-related gun deaths is many factors higher. The easy-on-crime philosophy pushed by many left-wing prosecutors needs to be reversed for this to change.

To deal realistically with the problems facing America, we need to look beyond the gun control debate stalemate. There is a youth crisis in America. Mental health is a key component. Depression and suicide are off the charts; so is drug use.

COVID-19 lockdowns and school closures exacerbated all of this. Social media has been a poison for young Americans. These are not peripheral issues. They strike at the heart of the problem.

Guns have been around in abundance in America for decades, but the tragic school shooting phenomena is only now increasing at a rapid pace. Why? Those looking for real solutions need to answer that question. It's much easier to pretend that gun control is the solution. The root causes are harder to understand and resolve. But how much effort has even been made?

The correlation between the youth mental health crisis and the advent of social media is too strong to ignore. The internet has brought many benefits, but for America's kids especially, it's brought depression. The internet has also made it much easier for already troubled kids to find and germinate in the most extreme corners of the web.

None of this is easy to solve, but policymakers should at least try. Until they do, we will be caught in a deadlocked cycle between those who, more than anything, want to do away with most lawful gun ownership and those dead set on stopping them. That's not working.

https://rightandfree.com/news/2022/06/02/its-time-to-move-past-the-gun-control-debate-loop?utm_medium=email&utm_source=news&seyid=4976

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

To pass the American tradition of freedom down to future generations we must also pass down the moral and religious foundations
needed to sustain it.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

No, wait....

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook