Author Topic: It Seems Paypal Has A Bad Name in the Real World  (Read 5615 times)

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
It Seems Paypal Has A Bad Name in the Real World
« on: May 18, 2010, 01:44:15 PM »
As you may have seen me mention I will soon be starting my own website

with eBay allowing sellers to offer credit cards payments from buyers I am in the process of getting that up and running for my eBay store prior to getting my other site off the ground

I came across a very interesting youtube testimonial about eway which is used by banks to securely process online transactions from a guy that has set up an online business

the guys says, "when we started we only used paypal but found that we losing a lot of customers as they were going through the checkout process" ........ this matches what several web designers have told me ... people don't like paypal !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVlokwOpqFY

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Re: It Seems Paypal Has A Bad Name in the Real World
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 03:05:09 PM »
bnwt, I do a lot of buying online and my spending is probably half creditcard, half PayPal. A lot of the businesses that do accept PayPal charge a surcharge. I like the convenience of buying with PayPal, a couple of clicks and done. The same applies for shopping on Amazon where my creditcard details are already stored.

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 03:17:34 PM »
bnwt, I do a lot of buying online and my spending is probably half creditcard, half PayPal. A lot of the businesses that do accept PayPal charge a surcharge. I like the convenience of buying with PayPal, a couple of clicks and done. The same applies for shopping on Amazon where my creditcard details are already stored.

Wheels does Amazon ship to Australia ?.... I thought it was only USA ?...

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 03:20:17 PM »
Yibs, they ship books, music and movies that are sold as 'fulfilled by Amazon' directly to Aus. Anything on Amazon marketplace or in other categories I have to have delivered to my US address and then shipped here.

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 03:26:17 PM »
Wheels I'm primarily interested in fishing reels , watches , GPS units... will they ship these types of goods to oZ ?.... how does it get from your USA address to here ?....

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 04:38:03 PM »
Yibs, I have a MyUS address. I buy, and buy, and buy, and it is delivered to the US address. When I have enough to ship to Australia it gets sent in one parcel. I pay shipping plus $1 per parcel for consolidation plus insurance when I request shipping.

You can check their shipping rates here. If you want to give it a try, I can add another guest name to my address. Then you just use that as your address on Amazon.
http://myus2.myus.com/Rates.aspx

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 04:47:06 PM »
Yib. Have a look at Amazon, I have, over the years, bought some pretty good fishing gear from Amazon. Their freight/post cost is generally reasonable but, check with them first.

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 04:47:16 PM »
Yibs, I have a MyUS address. I buy, and buy, and buy, and it is delivered to the US address. When I have enough to ship to Australia it gets sent in one parcel. I pay shipping plus $1 per parcel for consolidation plus insurance when I request shipping.

You can check their shipping rates here. If you want to give it a try, I can add another guest name to my address. Then you just use that as your address on Amazon.
http://myus2.myus.com/Rates.aspx

I'll look at the link tonight wheels... I'm at work right now and I'm getting "the Look" sheeeeese what more do they want ?.. I turned up for work didn't I ?........sounds interesting...

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 04:57:14 PM »
Yib. there are a couple of other well known sites (fishing). They are Cabellas & Bass Pro. Both sell very good gear and are reliable but, their freight/post costs can be as much as a third of the price of the gear.